The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

9 minutes ago, RabidNinja64 said:

Swapped my stock CYMA AK.

For a brand spanking new and unused Ares AM-009.

I feel so so so dirty.

You're gonna have fun with it :)

at least I have a lot of fun with mine :)

49 minutes ago, Skara said:

You're gonna have fun with it :)

at least I have a lot of fun with mine :)

I did my research until after the trade with a teammate who basically got conned into buying an ex-players lot which turned out to be junk builds), this was in the lot so i nabbed it.

All those cool features though.....can it run 11.1?

6 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Make sure you have a real good think about what you have on your kit now and what you can get rid of. Plate weights are combined on the website so when you look at it its not a weight per plate.

Well.my rig for Reenactment is weighted up with full mags of inert 5.56, excess weight isn't an issue 😆

4 hours ago, RabidNinja64 said:

I did my research until after the trade with a teammate who basically got conned into buying an ex-players lot which turned out to be junk builds), this was in the lot so i nabbed it.

All those cool features though.....can it run 11.1?

Yes, but be aware that the stock bushings are terrible, you may want to replace them asap just in case.. Mine were completely gone in less than 5000 bbs fired..

By the way, I just picked up a barrel extension, a rmr riser, a couple of sling mounts and a sling plate.

Next week it'll be time for a new outer barrel and a bit of a lathe work on a suppressor..

• Supporters
9 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Another purchase late last night, having it changed up to a 10.5" outer barrel and will be building to replicate a couple of my favorite films (although substituting an aimpoint for the vortex strikefire) I don't know if Marui ever made a fixed upper or even if its possible but I'm fine with a detachable carry handle as it can always morph into something further down the line.

You are correct good sir , TM haven’t made a fixed upper for the M4 recoils but it is possible to do , there’s been a couple of documented builds on different forums over the yrs . I actually built one my self a good while ago , basically I cut away the lower side rail on the carrying handle , drilled and tapped a couple of holes in the base corresponding to ris rail gaps thread locked a couple of pieces of threaded rod in to the holes then epoxy putty in the rail gaps pushed the the rods in to the putty , filled all the side gaps in then sanded and painted then in a Blackhawk down themed camo and then age it a bit .👍

Got an order in with our resident parts guru ak2m4,

Super Lube

SHS nozzle

SHS cylinder head

O-rings

Hopefully will sort the compression problems in the Krytac LMG-E.

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, lukeB said:

Spent a large chunk of my night vision savings fund on getting home, thanks thomas cook 😂

That sucks, weren't abta etc sorting out repatriation flights ?

We are flights only. Decided on saturday that we weren't gonna worry about it for our entire weekend so booked an extra day + flight. Could have waited to see what happened but didn't want to take the risk.

Was planning on getting a cobra daemon but supply seems to be non existant these days.

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

We are flights only. Decided on saturday that we weren't gonna worry about it for our entire weekend so booked an extra day + flight. Could have waited to see what happened but didn't want to take the risk.

Was planning on getting a cobra daemon but supply seems to be non existant these days.

Save up some money and get a PVS14 instead, you'll find one for near the same price as the demon if you look hard enough, I had a dipol which uses the same housing as the demon and it was awful in comparison to the PVS14, plus the FLIR mounts are so badly made, the screws strip easily.

Too much really.

Coyote pouches, mag pouch, dump pouch, utility pouch and radio pouch.

Swedish m90 trousers, black g2 trousers,  olive green ubacs

Possibly the ugliest, or weirdest, pistol red dot available? Found a clone on Aliexpress so thought I’d try it out. Last pic is real steel for comparison 

EEFF6F35-668F-488B-878F-3F83E07298DC.jpeg

824B432C-7518-43D6-9C60-4BF34E89BE0A.jpeg

C96BD05E-BFB4-4E5B-8D58-0A0E814C2645.jpeg