The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

As much as people on the internet would say they want it, you'd just not get the same efficiency, winter performance and/or recoil from a GBB Evo3 given it would hold about half the gas per mag.  I remember the G5 being insanely popular maybe 3 or 4 years ago (at a rough guess) but that seems to have vanished now.  I don't know of many more practical GBBr designs (if any) but I get the distinct vibe that HPA replaced gas-in-mag as the popular 'thing' for much of the community now; along with very practical AEGs like the ARP.  A shame in a way but understandable in ways too.

4 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

As much as people on the internet would say they want it, you'd just not get the same efficiency, winter performance and/or recoil from a GBB Evo3 given it would hold about half the gas per mag.  I remember the G5 being insanely popular maybe 3 or 4 years ago (at a rough guess) but that seems to have vanished now.  I don't know of many more practical GBBr designs (if any) but I get the distinct vibe that HPA replaced gas-in-mag as the popular 'thing' for much of the community now; along with very practical AEGs like the ARP.  A shame in a way but understandable in ways too.

Errrr.........

• Supporters
22 hours ago, M_P said:

Because not many people would actually want them probably. 

Most people stick to newer or more modern gear and guns and the Browning doesn't really fit that mold. Doesn't help that it was never adopted on a large scale by the US either 

Disagree, someone posts a link to an alleged manufacturer considering bringing one out, the number of positive replies is usually massive, & it's been like that for almost as long as I've been playing, yet still no ones brought out a good one, & let's be honest, it's airsoft, internally everything is close to identical, it's just the cosmetic outsides that float our boat............TM need to take a hint & knock one out, it'd sell out.

15 hours ago, EDcase said:

But it was so iconic in the 80's...

The SAS used it and it was in Beverly Hills Cop 😎

I don't understand why the 1911 is so much more popular now.

Might have to start a new thread on this... 🙄

@Druid799: Mine doesn't have any hop adjustment.  Its got the hex grub screw but its been glued in and when I looked in the hop housing there is no mechanical way for it to put pressure on the top anyway.  Sounds like there are different versions

Def needs its own thread 👍

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

AND I found it the other way round ! Hated the 1911 but loved the browning ! 😂😂

I loved it, I even briefly owned one, a nice argentine vigilante model, with tangent sights lol, don't know how far galtieri's lads thought they were gonna be hitting with them 🤔.

never got near a 1911 though, maybe next time I hit the states I'll have a go ?

On 26/08/2019 at 21:15, ImTriggerHappy said:

Let me know how you get on with it as I have been considering one.

Just done a full game day with it. Worthe very penny. Insanely comfortable, the most comfy belt I have worn. Forgot it was there. Also it sits wherevever you put it. Literally doesn't slide up or down. The buckle is strong as well.

Get one.

1 hour ago, cropzy said:

Just done a full game day with it. Worthe very penny. Insanely comfortable, the most comfy belt I have worn. Forgot it was there. Also it sits wherevever you put it. Literally doesn't slide up or down. The buckle is strong as well.

Get one.

Picture of the assembled thing? Just so we can see what kind of weight it had to bear.

Go pro mount for my dye mask. Fed up of people starting arguements with me hoping it works like a dash cam. I never tell anyone I shoot or think I shot they are hit that's not my responsbility but people still like to argue with me for some reason.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-Mask-Gopro-Mount-DYE-Eflex-grills-Vio/223611837249?hash=item34104ddb41:g:1EgAAOSw5wNcKiGB

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Tackle said:

Disagree, someone posts a link to an alleged manufacturer considering bringing one out, the number of positive replies is usually massive, & it's been like that for almost as long as I've been playing, yet still no ones brought out a good one, & let's be honest, it's airsoft, internally everything is close to identical, it's just the cosmetic outsides that float our boat............TM need to take a hint & knock one out, it'd sell out.

People saying they'd buy one online and actually doing so are two very different things-People do the same for every new gun that's released. 

If it would sell in big numbers there would be multiple versions on the market from the big manufacturers, they do their research, they know their target audience. 

Whenever a 'what gun do you want to be made' or similar thread comes along, very rarely do you see mentions of the Browning and that's because the majority of airsofters aren't interested in the older stuff. The more modern and up to date stuff is what sells and as a result what the big brands make most of. 

If there was a real demand then someone would've tapped into that. 

For years people were raving on about wanting an m&p, FNX, USP etc from TM, the Browning isn't something that had that same pull and demand. It's a shame because personally I quite like it but I would never expect someone like TM to bother producing it

• Supporters

same could be said for the L1A1, serious amount of interest, 2 companies (?) have made them, neither of which have been perfect, & neither what you would call cheap either, yet the limited production runs always sell out.

bit like the old joke, **** made the toilet seat, but it took **** to actually put a hole in it 😁

Bout time TM stepped up & gave us the definitive recoil SLR.

I've resisted TM recoils, mainly cos their nearly all AR platforms in an already overpopulated AR market, but an old skool 7.62 platform recoil, something long, slr, g3, m14, I'd be all over that like a tramp on chips lol.

.209 primer holder. Bit pricey I admit and not water proof but to reload outside of the safezone I think it's worth it easily dispense 1 at at time. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/209-9mm-Roto-Loader-Airsoft-Blank-Firing-Grenade-Primer-Blank-Holder/223221505898?hash=item33f909df6a:m:mff478QwMrEqo4JB5CGzDcA

• Supporters

ZCI tight bore inner , maple leaf hop bucking and a guarder H nub for my Jing Gong MP5SD6 , lovely crisp sounding gearbox and nice rate of fire , just crap range !

SO hopping this’ll help ? 🤞

from ak2m4 as I’ve seen nothing but good things about them on here .👍

On 22/08/2019 at 19:08, L3wisD said:

Been eyeing up those armoured snoods for a while. Good to know that there's AFUKers with them!

Please let me know your thoughts after a game day!

Used the delta Mike Face Pro snood for first time yesterday, was a 6 hour constant rolling game, super comfy, felt way better than my usual mesh half mask jobbie, stayed in place perfectly and could easily move it around to drink etc highly recommend, am planning on getting another in tan.

Screenshot_20190902_213957_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

23 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Used the delta Mike Face Pro snood for first time yesterday, was a 6 hour constant rolling game, super comfy, felt way better than my usual mesh half mask jobbie, stayed in place perfectly and could easily move it around to drink etc highly recommend, am planning on getting another in tan.

Screenshot_20190902_213957_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

I've been considering some face pro myself and was looking at either the OneTigris for full on protection or something like this, just checked out his FB page and realised he's only down the road!  Might save myself a few quid postage! 😂

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Specna Arms S-Mags - Black - Box of 5

https://gunfire.com/en/products/set-of-5-125bbs-s-mag-mid-cap-magazine-black-1152223107.html

eng_pl_Set-of-5-125BBs-S-Mag-Mid-Cap-mag

eng_pl_Set-of-5-125BBs-S-Mag-Mid-Cap-mag

Got 12% off by using the discount code of a Portuguese Airsoft team:

gf-ghostops-12

Previously only available with the edge series guns. Reported to be really really good mags.

We'll find out!

First purchases in a while. 

P226 grip screws for my TM M9, same length thread just larger heads. I lost a grip screw at the GI weekender. 

Combat Union SVD/SVU hop unit and nozzle set. Didn't even know they made these! Very new product, stunning quality and it's going in my cheap and nasty Cyma SVU. Couldn't find a RS SVD nozzle either so it's a bonus!

1807727439_SVDhop2-1000x1000.thumb.jpg.5c8bf1ba299080dfa4a8e54382094de4.jpg

ASG Blaster Tracers in the new .28 weight. Tracer bbs have been scarce in the UK since the ASG changed bottle types so it's good to get these in.

Lastly and most importantly... my own Xcortech x3200 MK3 Chrono. Have been borrowing my battlebudddys for over a year and has only just now started complaining! Bless him. 

XT-X3200-MK3b.jpg.443c158b7b7d3e398e041ed1c0e46a31.jpg

3 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

A new top to play pretend soldiers in.

Didn't want a UBACS for when it got hot, but also didn't want a t-shirt.

Saw this on military 1st. Plus has velcro for the obligatory AFUK patches 😎

d4rexIx.jpg

Tactical polo for when you have golf after airsoft. Looks good and like it will keep you cool. 

I've been looking for a "tactical" shirt as I want a collar to protect my neck as that is the only bit of skin on show these days. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

A new top to play pretend soldiers in.

Didn't want a UBACS for when it got hot, but also didn't want a t-shirt.

Saw this on military 1st. Plus has velcro for the obligatory AFUK patches 😎

Nice, :D

Ive got a black polo as well but yet to use it in game as have only done one this year!. Will keep you a bit cooler :)

last time wore it on a trip to tesco!! haha

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, E21A said:

Osprey suppressor from these very forums 

A2B6405F-EC27-49D0-A333-E3AFEB87A0F7.jpeg

Nice, I was tempted by that one myself, then I realized I've already got at least 3-4 suppressors unused in my kit box lol......can't have enough kit 😏

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Nice, I was tempted by that one myself, then I realized I've already got at least 3-4 suppressors unused in my kit box

Ive always wanted one but couldn’t justify the cost vs use it’ll get, but this was cheap enough. 

57 minutes ago, Tackle said:

lol......can't have enough kit 😏

I know 😂 I’ve got half a dozen glock frames and various parts that i’ll get round to making into complete guns....one day