The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Couple of Things

1. M-1956 Compass/First Aid Pouch

2. US DEET Bug Juice

3. TMC Replica M26 Greande (Bought from ZeroOneAirsoft)

I'll post some pictures when they arrive.

New mag for the GHK AK taking me to 4.  Should be enough now to combat those hi cap heroes.  4x40rds.... 

Bought off a fellow forum user, my first RIF, looked like a good deal and he was a pleasure to do business with. The Krytac LMG-E, holo sight and case has a new home, and despite missing a lower handguard (which I have already sourced) it looks cracking!

Might look into a folding keymod bipod to hang off each side of the handguard to give it more of a support weapon look, but then again may keep it light as with the semi and auto capability it should be manageable indoors and out.

Being able to run off regular Stanag mags is a bonus too, seems very adaptable, can't wait to get home and try it out (damn thing arrived the day after I left the UK for work, 3 weeks to go!)

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Stevo4345 said:

Bought off a fellow forum user, my first RIF, looked like a good deal and he was a pleasure to do business with. The Krytac LMG-E, holo sight and case has a new home, and despite missing a lower handguard (which I have already sourced) it looks cracking!

Might look into a folding keymod bipod to hang off each side of the handguard to give it more of a support weapon look, but then again may keep it light as with the semi and auto capability it should be manageable indoors and out.

Being able to run off regular Stanag mags is a bonus too, seems very adaptable, can't wait to get home and try it out (damn thing arrived the day after I left the UK for work, 3 weeks to go!)

Nice gun, but your sight's on backwards! 

Ha, that's hilarious, I haven't actually handled it yet, the photo was taken by my wife so I could check what was in the box, I'm sure I will figure it out once I get my mits on it!!

Good spot BTW!

31 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Your normie is showing. Clearly he's going for the low effort heresy look 🤣

Either that or trying to make everyone look smaller instead of larger, give them a fighting chance!

• Supporters

I saw it , I bought it !😍

B8517742-58B7-491A-BDA9-DC872AD5EDAB.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Just bought:

WE P35 (Browning Hi Power)

To convert into mk2 or 3

Sweet , this is one I did a couple of yrs ago .

900F0474-65B7-4EB5-AD4B-5FB4610C4BAA.jpeg

On 30/08/2019 at 16:21, hitmanNo2 said:

Hurry up and get yours converted so WE can announce the release of theirs 😂

Yeah I know that's going to happen and I'll still buy it too 😍

UPDATE:

Just got the WE P35 and...

... I'm sending it back... :(

No hop adjust, really light = cheap metal, I know its in the original but the trigger disable with no magazine is SO annoying for an airsoft gun.

Back to waiting and hoping the new one will be better...

ordered a pair of the heroshark hexmesh inserts for my ess advancers as last weekend it was impossible to use them with the humidity and heat,

• Supporters
20 hours ago, EDcase said:

UPDATE:

Shoots badly, no hop adjust, really light = cheap metal

Back to waiting...

And that ladies and gentlemen is QC in a nutshell , my one ? Really accurate (without any hop adjustment) and weighs a fair bit ! 😳 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, EDcase said:

UPDATE:

Shoots badly, no hop adjust, really light = cheap metal

Back to waiting...

The Browning is iconic, almost as legendary as the 1911, why has nobody else done a skirmishable copy ?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Tackle said:

The Browning is iconic, almost as legendary as the 1911, why has nobody else done a skirmishable copy ?

Because not many people would actually want them probably. 

Most people stick to newer or more modern gear and guns and the Browning doesn't really fit that mold. Doesn't help that it was never adopted on a large scale by the US either 

• Supporters

I don't think US military adoption is necessarily all it is, but that is a factor.  I think the BHP is troubled by being super generic looking to the vast majority of people out there and for some reason it just never gained any notoriety in general.  Even though is was seriously advanced and miles ahead of its' time when initially designed and manufactured (pre-WW2) you barely see it featured prominently in films or games (especially compared to more popular pistols) and if you do its' looks will cause most people who only know a tiny bit about guns to mistake it for a 1911.  It is odd because some of the most elite units of Nazi Germany used it as well as SF and Airborne elements from the commonwealth on the Allied side, then it was our standard issue pistol until the Glock came along in the mid-2010s so it did many decades of service.  However it did become rather obsolescent in the 80s once the M9, P226 and similar started hitting the scene and obviously the entire internet and FPS games and airsoft didn't take off properly until the 90s.  An awful lot of the guns that are cemented in to the popular parlance these days are designs that were all the rage in the late 80s-early 90s.  The BHP sits in the awkward middle ground where its' WW2 service isn't much known or documented, yet its' popularity had faded come the golden age of action movies and the birth of our modern shooting games (virtual and real).

It also kinda suffers from being too good in a way as there's nothing that stands out about it, it's mostly a boringly effective handgun and even worse its' plain looking to most folks as I mentioned.  It's not a big .45 with chunky rounds, doesn't have a crappy single stack mag capacity like the P-38, no weird action like the Luger, no crazy plastic-fantastic like the Glock (that blew people's minds in the 80s).  Mediocre triggers and sights on most of them as well, so while it is pretty good it's not an amazing performer either and didn't have the best rep for reliability in some military circles.   Never had any really large community/industry around it doing modifications either.  There was a little bit when pistols were still legal and there was more competition in the UK/Europe, but obviously the 1911s and Berettas would have been 'the thing to have' for civilians in the US.

• Supporters

that's a good point, i've always found it a kind of meh handgun, nothing particularly bad about it, a lot is quite good especially in context, but it's just not exciting.

it's like owning a vw golf, it's not bad, but it's not going to impress anybody either.

But it was so iconic in the 80's...

The SAS used it and it was in Beverly Hills Cop 😎

I don't understand why the 1911 is so much more popular now.

Might have to start a new thread on this... 🙄

@Druid799: Mine doesn't have any hop adjustment.  Its got the hex grub screw but its been glued in and when I looked in the hop housing there is no mechanical way for it to put pressure on the top anyway.  Sounds like there are different versions

• Supporters
6 hours ago, EDcase said:

The SAS used it and it was in Beverly Hills Cop 😎

Get what you're saying, but when you think 80s SAS you think Iranian Embassy (well most people do) and which gun gets all the headlines in media related to that?  As per usual MP5s and specifically ones with gigantic-massive lights attached to them.

Before they were banned in the UK I shot the Browning and 1911. The Browning was a fucking awful gun to shoot very wippy too light for it's own good the 1911 was brilliant loved shooting it. No relevance   to airsoft of course 🙂

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Badllama said:

Before they were banned in the UK I shot the Browning and 1911. The Browning was a fucking awful gun to shoot very wippy too light for it's own good the 1911 was brilliant loved shooting it. No relevance   to airsoft of course 🙂

AND I found it the other way round ! Hated the 1911 but loved the browning ! 😂😂