The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I wondered about this.

18 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

When you say tiny, how tiny and how many holes without compromising the integrity of the lens'?

You mean the integrity of the frames?

Just enlargened the holes slightly larger with a 1.5mm drill bit. Frame still seems solid. Using them tonight for the first time. Will report back if they fall to pieces 😉

5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

You mean the integrity of the frames?

Just enlargened the holes slightly larger with a 1.5mm drill bit. Frame still seems solid. Using them tonight for the first time. Will report back if they fall to pieces 😉

I thought you meant drilling into the lens, which I thought was a daft idea.

The frames are a different matter, are they pretty sturdy?

6 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

A bit flimsy feeling to be honest. Reviews have said that the frames are rated less then the lens. We shall see. I doubt the bit where I drilled will break though. More likely elsewhere. 

I only know of two sites that required full seal goggles so I didn't want to spend that much on places I will likely go just once to review and not return. 

Dropped a small bomb, ouch my credit card:

• Genuine Magpul B.A.D Lever
  • PTS BCM M lok Rail covers
  • Enhanced trigger spring set for the MWS
  • Guns modify adjustable trigger for the MWS
  • FMA PEQ box
  • 150rd Speed loader. Can never have enough of them
  • KJW fill valve. Vain hope it fits my ASG MK23 mag. Cant see why it couldnt.

*Still waiting on his Taiwan Gun order*

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

A bit flimsy feeling to be honest. Reviews have said that the frames are rated less then the lens. We shall see. I doubt the bit where I drilled will break though. More likely elsewhere. 

I used to run bolle glasses exclusively for a good few yrs , I alway pulled the foam out and drilled extra holes in the top , as far as I can remember never had any frame integrity problems with them .👍

On 09/08/2019 at 19:32, Tackle said:

Adjustments ?

11 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Yes, I wondered about this.

had my first skirmish with them. 3 and a half hours of very close CQB. Humid night. 

Used the nuprol anti fog. 99% of the time everything was lovely and clear, 1% of the time there were some water droplets which didn't effect me much at all. The holes really helped and I didn't remove any of the foam. 

Got a bit of a scratch on the goggle when it got hit at ultra close range. Buffed the scratch out and its no longer there. 

For what they are it seems a pretty sound purchase, they are even pretty comfortable to wear! 

25 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I used to run bolle glasses exclusively for a good few yrs , I alway pulled the foam out and drilled extra holes in the top , as far as I can remember never had any frame integrity problems with them .👍

8 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I run almost exclusively with Bolle Shooting Glasses. My typical ones are some clear and amber lensed ones. Only cost me £3 on clearance down from 10. Have taken multiple strikes at close range with no issues. They also fog up less then my £35 set. 

The frames in this particular model (Tracker II) are known to be fairly flimsy compared to the rest of the Bolle line and I do agree with that sentiment. However I had no problems tonight. 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

actually I did mean the lenses, I've done it on a couple of pairs with no failures, the trick is to not have them too close together, not too big (2mm max), & pilot the holes first with a SHARP 1mm bit, in order to put no pressure on the lenses.

Obviously the holes need to be at the very top of the lenses, not anywhere near the eye area itself.

& obviously I'm not advocating anybody else do this, my choice,my risk, but I had tested this method on similar units that had suffered scratches in use, & then shot the shit out if them point blank with a slightly hot gun, with no failures.

19 hours ago, Musica said:

and this handy tool for loading pistol magazines

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183856191454

That has to be one of the most useful things I have seen in a long time - why have I not seen this before?!?!??!? 😱🤬

4 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

That has to be one of the most useful things I have seen in a long time - why have I not seen this before?!?!??!? 😱🤬

truely it's the next most important purchase next to eye protection.

savings thumbs from being sore all over the world.

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Musica said:

truely it's the next most important purchase next to eye protection.

savings thumbs from being sore all over the world.

Nope on double stacks just widen the slot to 6.2mm with a cutter and load the really easy way. Never got why some mags come like and it others don't.

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nope on double stacks just widen the slot to 6.2mm with a cutter and load the really easy way.

I don't understand what gets the follower out the way?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Musica said:

I don't understand what gets the follower out the way?

Most mags with the wider slot for you to load the mag that way the follower has a little grooved piece that slides down easy with your thumb those that don't I put a small metal tab into the follower.

The wider slot makes it easier to move with your thumb nail.

27 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Most mags with the wider slot for you to load the mag that way the follower has a little grooved piece that slides down easy with your thumb those that don't I put a small metal tab into the follower.

The wider slot makes it easier to move with your thumb nail.

my hi-capa 5.1 mags has that but it's still like holiding my thumb on a nail. 😪 I do have soft skin hands like a lady. I work in IT and put gloves on to use power tools 😂

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Musica said:

my hi-capa 5.1 mags has that but it's still like holiding my thumb on a nail. 😪 I do have soft skin hands like a lady. I work in IT and put gloves on to use power tools 😂

Fuck it then you soft shite you're beyond help order away. 😜

They are not a terrible idea to be fair just makes me think of how no one can just do anymore. Fuck I'm getting old.

• Supporters

asg mk23/silencer/2 mags, & a couple of extra hi-capa 4.3 mags (that makes 7 now😁).

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_ff422f8bcf1012b13783dddc1ba5c774.jpg

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_s-l500(2).jpg

One of the last brand new ones available in the world :) Cant wait for it to arrive!

I might try and stretch for the B type another month. This bullpup fan finally has the definitive airsoft bullpup!

Type97.jpg

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Just get ready to talk to people about it every time you play

I generally get that most days! Especially when I bring the XM8's out to play :D. Though they have been mistaken for Evos with body kits at times. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Though they have been mistaken for Evos with body kits at times. 

Heresy ! 😱 XM8’s are 😎 !

evo’s make me want to 🤮

Not for me but for a mate popping his NAE 🍒 ! 👍

49832F80-C8B5-4445-AD76-9BC4A48820BE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Heresy ! 😱 XM8’s are 😎 !

evo’s make me want to 🤮

I think it's the stock that looks a bit similar, but otherwise the similarities end there! 

• Supporters
Just now, Asomodai said:

I think it's the stock that looks a bit similar, but otherwise the similarities end there! 

What can you expect from a generation that think doing there own research is logging on to a forum to ask “what should I buy ?” 😳🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂