The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I was looking for something like that for my PDR-C. The Russian style We-Con just doesnt quite suit. 

Maybe i'll just get one of those cheapy Kral Aria Wide RDS's which are only a fiver. Bit worried it will be too low on the rail though. 

s-l1600.jpg

I’ve got one of these and actually it’s not too bad considering it was only a fiver ! red dot does fade out in bright sun light but it was a fiver ! 😂😂😂👍

Another order from @ak2m4. Part one of two eventual orders to fix various issues with existing and incoming RIFs. 

2 x Acetech Mosfets to replace my Pico Gate AB ones in the SL8 and XM8. I cant trigger spam with the gate without locking up. 

1 x 5 inch outer barrel extension for my XM8 DMR plan. 

1 x Maple Leaf 60 degree VSR bucking. Replacing a 70 degree one to see if I can lift .48s on my troublesome bolty. 

1 x ZCI 363mm 6.02 inner barrel. My newer XM8 is mechanically sound and shooting at a healthy 330 FPS, this should take me closer to 350 and tighten up the grouping. 

@Asomodai How are the motors from AK2M4? I realise they're a lot cheaper but how are they compared to the ASG Ultimate Infinity series of motors?

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@Asomodai How are the motors from AK2M4? I realise they're a lot cheaper but how are they compared to the ASG Ultimate Infinity series of motors?

I'll be honest, I haven't much experience of motors outside of stock ones or the Rocket Green 16/22TPA and the SLD 22TPA.

The SLD is good for builds where you are going to short stroke or DMR, it's a bit slow for an aftermarket motor if using with a standard gearset, but it has all the torque you need to pull a heavy spring for short stroking etc. For best performance use with a 9.9v life or 11.1v lipo. The screw down tabs are quite long and I had to dremel out part of a V6 gearbox to be able to set the motor height. It's also a little noisy, so I wouldn't use it for quiet builds. 

The Rocket green TPA is my favourite motor, it's relatively cheap, very fast and relatively quiet has a good amount of torque for a 16TPA. Cant fault it and it's quite good for both short stroking and standard gear sets. 

The 22TPA version is incredibly powerful whilst still being fast and should only be used in DMRs and shortstroked builds, even when used on a 7.4 lipo it was over spinning my standard gear set F2000 double shot on semi. 

My favourite stock motors are the SRC Neo Magnatar series which has a surprising amount of torque and whatever S&T put in their ARX160s (Has the same can as the SLD but less Torque more speed) not sure if its Neo but is a good ferrite if not. 

One motor that completely surprised me was when I swapped out a Standard JG ferrite in my MP5 is the TM EG1000 ferrite and it goes like absolute stink on a standard gearset and 7.4 lipo, it needs to be heard to be believed. Goes to show that the EG1000 is still a very viable motor for standard builds. 

So my opinion is to spend a little extra over the tempting SLD and go for the Rocket Green. It's incredible value and according to Sam of KOA fame it's almost as good as an Action Army 40k. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

For my birthday the missus has purchased me another AirsoftPro G36 Hop unit, making it my 4th one and its going in my new XM8 :)

Sound like a keeper.  I mean, the missus probably.

Self, inspired by the summer medic water thread:

71kTvlvdf2L._SL1417_.jpg

And for an upcoming Namsim:

31-cMjHVy8L.jpg

GI will get medal after he is dead.

Was in the market for a new pistol so thought I'd try the Army Armament R17. Seen some recommendations for it and for the price it looks like it could be good value. Went fot the black and tan tan and black version.

image.png.d6ce812ca83a9ce3e549486a2b99bc80.png

6 minutes ago, Jocko said:

Was in the market for a new pistol so thought I'd try the Army Armament R17. Seen some recommendations for it and for the price it looks like it could be good value. Went fot the black and tan tan and black version.

image.png.d6ce812ca83a9ce3e549486a2b99bc80.png

i just got this extract one yesterday from  and keep quiet about this (bbguns4less). and so far my impressions are really good. i was 65 ish for the r17 a can of gas and they chucked in a free bottle of 2000 beebs also fully compatible with TM.

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Self, inspired by the summer medic water thread:

71kTvlvdf2L._SL1417_.jpg

Hmm I might be able to intergrate that with my chest rig save me getting one of the below + a H harness to molle it to.  Long as it doesn't leak pretty nice bit of kit.

https://www.weapon762.com/assault-packs/384-tmc-lightweight-defender-3-film-pack-multicam-black.html

https://www.weapon762.com/assault-packs/722-tmc-mini-assault-backpack.html

Some fast mag pouches (dirt cheap I  grey, now resprayed).

Dont know why I never got some sooner. Nice quick and easy to use, perhaps fast even.  No need for a dump pouch, and no more dumping my mag on the ground instead of fannying around trying to get it back in the osprey pouch.

IMG_20190716_192450_175.thumb.jpg.9bfd3a293e88dab44acc6eb8668e4def.jpg

1 minute ago, L3wisD said:

I'm a fast mag convert too. Had mine about 18 months now.

Underestimated how good they would be at holding the mags, and like you say, super fast to draw and stow.

I am such a clutz and force my way through so much hedge on the average skirmish that I cant help that think everything will fall out. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I am such a clutz and force my way through so much hedge on the average skirmish that I cant help that think everything will fall out. 

in my experience they do, can't beat a velcro flap for knowing your mag's gonna be there when you need it.

Valken ASL , polymer M4 based jobbie. actually it's officially for my birthday next week. Cheep polymer AEG which will go out in the rain and generally be abused........it also has ambi fire selectors which 'may' find their way onto ma L119 A2 build !

Some heroshark mesh. Awesome quality, can't wait to test it out! 

IMG_20190718_184753.thumb.jpg.7f0232b517757583c09532b3f14c0424.jpg

IMG_20190718_184542.jpg

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Lokai said:

IMG_20190718_184542.jpg

Mad, staring eyes?

Why, no, you don't have mad, staring eyes.

Why would you ask?

tenor.gif?itemid=11400446&f=1

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Mad, staring eyes?

Why, no, you don't have mad, staring eyes.

Why would you ask?

tenor.gif?itemid=11400446&f=1

You should feel sorry for my poor wife, tho its more rolling eyes she gives me 🙄😂

1 hour ago, Lokai said:

Some heroshark mesh. Awesome quality, can't wait to test it out! 

IMG_20190718_184753.thumb.jpg.7f0232b517757583c09532b3f14c0424.jpg

IMG_20190718_184542.jpg

Is that the hex mesh? Let me know how you get on as I have always wanted some of his kit :)

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Is that the hex mesh? Let me know how you get on as I have always wanted some of his kit :)

It is yeah, just testing in the house, looking down scopes etc the vision is much clearer than my cheap nuprol mesh goggles. 

Will report back after next game day. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

@Asomodai - I remembered I owed you photos of the ASG Strike red dot on the PDR-C:

uOD57Sg.jpg

bG67vKo.jpg

HOm43FJ.jpg

Kub78Vb.jpg

i8P13wH.jpg

I really like it! Fits the PDR frame really well. Not too bulky at all.

It's a shame the dot refuses to adjust at all. Way off to the left.

Explains why it was a £12 bargain bin dot. 

@L3wisD

Now that's a sexy RDS! Really does suit it nice with those Iron sights. 

Maybe paint on a dot in the centre ;)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
12 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Maybe paint on a dot in the centre ;)

You say that, but I was toying with the idea of glueing some fibre-optic rods onto the glass 😂

A bit like this I suppose:

A6Yjn30.jpg

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Guarder Strap for my big bugger A&K MK43 

s03cod.jpg

I’m afraid to ask but how much ? 

2 hours ago, Lokai said:

looking down scopes etc the vision is much clearer than my cheap nuprol mesh goggles. 

Quite frankly I think a pair of scratched welders glasses smeared with gearbox grease would be clear to look through than a pair of nuprol glasses ! 😳

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’m afraid to ask but how much ? 

£20 from Wolf Armories, I think they have a black one left. Its sturdy enough!