The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
10 hours ago, paradoxum said:

Finally found a mask I like; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIER-NONE-LT-R500-Plastic-Mask-OD-TNG019-OD/142931442251

TB20MaTsk7mBKNjSZFyXXbydFXa_!!877775991.

Went with the green to go with my multicam gear. Pic of it with headset:

TB2KQa0siMnBKNjSZFzXXc_qVXa_!!877775991.

I want to be able to change the lens colours, blue, red, yellow, etc, even if it's just a thin overlay over the main plastic - what material should I be looking at for that?

Just buy a motorcycle helmet visor in the colour you want and cut it to shape .

what I did with this helmet .

08FDFA16-7992-415F-B8C1-A2A926CA011B.jpeg

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Nice mythosaur there!

3 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Good idea, I've got bikes and have used bike helmets obviously but eg the one I have now, the lens on it is pretty thick, cut/file/sand down the edges and it should bend enough and fix in? Can you post a pic of the inside please? Also love the colours and kill counts.

What about pinlock inserts? https://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/pinlock-inserts I've actually got a yellow one for my bike helmet and it has great anti-fogging on it. I'm going for a kinda republic commando look but not sure how a blue visor will look.

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/LS2-FF399-Visor/m-22725.aspx

Looking at them and the mask it seems like the visor on the mask might be too tall - what are the dimensions of it fully before insertion into the mask, and what secures it in place?

Could even put some LEDs on the inside:

as8eid634ea21.jpg

1 hour ago, Musica said:

Re-ordered a i5 mask as my first order wasn't in stock and ordered this one for £130! 

also ordered a x300 clone for my pistol as both items were from ebay and they have 10% of £50+ spend at the moment. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401558273429?ul_noapp=true

I sold a mint condition i5 on ebay for £120 the other day when I realised I couldn't use it with my helmet / headset, should have posted it on here.

• Supporters

I always use shoei visors as they were the only ones I ever used on my bike . Once you cut it down it’s surprisingly flexible and will fit no problem .

i just lay the original over the new one trace around the cut it out with my dremel . You can’t see much on the inside as the visor is bolted to the out side and then the rim is bolted on top of that . 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I always use shoei visors as they were the only ones I ever used on my bike . Once you cut it down it’s surprisingly flexible and will fit no problem .

i just lay the original over the new one trace around the cut it out with my dremel . You can’t see much on the inside as the visor is bolted to the out side and then the rim is bolted on top of that . 

Ah okay, what's the stock visor like, is it thick enough alone? do you double them up, or not enough room?

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/793/(all;product_price;ASC;0-0;all)/page_0/max_20

Eesh they're expensive. They definitely fit when cut down? shame there aren't any pinlock visor screens rather than the main plastic visor.

• Supporters

Bloody hell thats a bit steep ! I never pay more that 20 for one ! 

To be honest bud I always change the visor on any HK mask , you just can’t guarantee the quality so I’d rather change it soon as I get it just to be on the safe side . But that’s not saying everything is poop I’ve got a couple of pairs of FMA fan goggles and I’m more than happy with them . Bit more trust in a recognised brand .👍

21 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Bloody hell thats a bit steep ! I never pay more that 20 for one ! 

To be honest bud I always change the visor on any HK mask , you just can’t guarantee the quality so I’d rather change it soon as I get it just to be on the safe side . But that’s not saying everything is poop I’ve got a couple of pairs of FMA fan goggles and I’m more than happy with them . Bit more trust in a recognised brand .👍

What store do you use? 

My new genuine peltor comtac XPI's with boom mic arrived! (was an absolute pig to install but I got it done)

They are such good quality, way better sound than the shitty z tactical knock off's (save your money and get real instead)

peltor3.jpg

Just swapped this for my ares honey badger

the red paint will be removed to return it to its former stealthy black although it needs a bit of  tlc, missing grub screws and some hop tweaks but will soon be a cqb monster

If anyone has a spare LCT folding stock pin I would be interested 

image.jpeg

• Supporters
On 14/06/2019 at 16:06, paradoxum said:

Good idea, I've got bikes and have used bike helmets obviously but eg the one I have now, the lens on it is pretty thick, cut/file/sand down the edges and it should bend enough and fix in? Can you post a pic of the inside please? Also love the colours and kill counts.

What about pinlock inserts? https://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/pinlock-inserts I've actually got a yellow one for my bike helmet and it has great anti-fogging on it. I'm going for a kinda republic commando look but not sure how a blue visor will look.

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/LS2-FF399-Visor/m-22725.aspx

Looking at them and the mask it seems like the visor on the mask might be too tall - what are the dimensions of it fully before insertion into the mask, and what secures it in place?

Could even put some LEDs on the inside:

as8eid634ea21.jpg

You need to check out Master Leman's Store on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MasterLemansStore all his masks are made of Kydex...

• Supporters
Just now, paradoxum said:

I already bought it :(

You ARE allowed to have more than one y'know...

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Some MBDU trousers....quite comfy :)

They look good, shame they don't come in more colours (yet).

• Moderators

Yeah thats my issue, khaki, and i'd get a few more.:lol:

might get a black pair when another discount code comes out, i ended up getting the pencott wildwood

these are cut different to the usual SFU/CPU, luckily Military 1st have the great refund / exchange policy so was able to try many versions on due to issue with waist vs legs!! :lol:

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Yeah thats my issue, khaki, and i'd get a few more.:lol:

might get a black pair when another discount code comes out, i ended up getting the pencott wildwood

these are cut different to the usual SFU/CPU, luckily Military 1st have the great refund / exchange policy so was able to try many versions on due to issue with waist vs legs!! :lol:

Are they slimmer cut compared to the SFU? More like the UTP perhaps?

• Moderators

yeah a bit slim.... classed as 'anatomical cut'

im usually a L or XL, but find these in those sizes were tight on legs / upper thigh so had to go to XXL just so i could have that little bit of extra movement!.....annoyingly the velcro is almost at max so the belt is handy!......may need to get some stitched on the make the section longer 

still comfy and nice arrangement of pockets, another reason i had to change size....

So from this 

image.jpeg

To this 

image.jpeg

So so where to begin. 

It appears my idea of shoots perfectly is not necessarily the same as others.

ive heard of tactical maracas but thought that applied to hicap magazines  not the gun itself, when I stripped it down the lack of screws etc explained the noise

I will just list what I had to do to get this back to what I wouid be happy with.

remove all two tone paint

trunion grub screws, yeah probably need those

folding stock pin grub screw, yeah probably need one of those too.

stripped hop unit screws, check

AK lever shuffle check

loose front grip reshimmed

shooting straight, naah curving right after 20m new hop rubber and s-hop now dead straight 

zenitco pts-1 stock cheek piece bolt missing

stock pin had been drilled out instead of driven so no longer exists so unable to replace with a standard one as top eyelet now had a 6mm diameter hole and bottom eyelet and stock had a 5mm hole

4mm diameter stock pin had been used so stock had a little🙄 Wobble to say the least

stock 2mm too thin so had to make a spacer to go with a new custom fabricated stock pin to eliminate vertical play

shimmed folding bracket now no unnecessary movement

reduce from 410 to 320 fps, thankfully gearbox had been left untouched and LCT had built a good one

repsray in Matt black to hide faint remnants of previous dayglo 

new shs motor because I had one knocking about

new wiring harness with thicker silicon wire and xt60 connectors

just needs a gate Titan to shorten the trigger remove contact trigger issues in the 7.4 lipo and its cqb ready

good job I like AK variants!!!!!!!!!!