The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

On 03/06/2019 at 22:07, LVOA-D said:

Took 4 weeks but my flashlight finally arrived from the USA (bought at OpticsPlanet). Also loving the typo on the warranty sticker 🤣

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

Ive had one for a while now, Wish I had that cloud defensive mount but ill be picking up a few bits in Florida next year so will see what goodies I get. Enjoy turning night into day my friend ;)

Started getting my upgrade parts for my Vfc Avalon, first thing to arrive is my Gate Titan advance 😍 can’t wait to get it in but going to wait until I order a few other internal parts before I start. 

My team wendy cam fit just arrived from the states. Guys, if you wear helmets this is a must, sooooo comfy. This helmet is now ready for long night games with NODs! feels like my head is in pillows when wearing.

camfit2.jpg

teamwendy.jpg

8 hours ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

My team wendy cam fit just arrived from the states. Guys, if you wear helmets this is a must, sooooo comfy. This helmet is now ready for long night games with NODs! feels like my head is in pillows when wearing.

camfit2.jpg

teamwendy.jpg

How do I put in an application to be your friend? ;)

latest purchases;

• Mammoth gear skin - M81
  • 727 Systema upper
  • Travail plates (3.2kg set)
  • Wiley X Sabors (apparently still have to use RX inserts as my new prescription wont allow for contacts)
  • FFI M81 set
  • ThruDark MCB Flexfit Hat
  • Stirling ticket for themed game in August
  • 3 bags of G&G .28 bb's
  • 3 boxes of nitro 9mm blanks
  • 3 packs of 12g blanks
  • So much beef jerky I could probably remake the cow it came from
  • Range day for Florida holiday

Trying some .30s with the new pew. 

IMG_20190606_163428.jpg

43 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Another fixer-upper

2E713002-ADF2-4AAC-9CD0-9480C3913863.thumb.jpeg.2d6064ea5587dcacd31da202526bf3d4.jpeg

Hell yes! Welcome to the PDRC club. Whats wrong with it? 

Just bought myself another SHS Rocket Green 16 TPA motor as I used the one reserved for my Cyma SVU for my ARX160

Also bought a ZCI 363mm barrel for my G36E

36 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Hell yes! Welcome to the PDRC club. Whats wrong with it? 

No real idea yet, apparently broken Tappet plate and wildly varying FPS, but who knows? I’m looking forward to sorting it out

1 minute ago, rocketdogbert said:

No real idea yet, apparently broken Tappet plate and wildly varying FPS, but who knows? I’m looking forward to sorting it out

Cool! Mine varies a fair bit as well, but don't have the balls to open it up yet. At least you got the battery extension!

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Cool! Mine varies a fair bit as well, but don't have the balls to open it up yet. At least you got the battery extension!

PTS still have the extension on their website. Any idea what’s its worth if it’s working perfectly?

36 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

PTS still have the extension on their website. Any idea what’s its worth if it’s working perfectly?

The battery extension or the rifle? Mine works pretty fine, in great external condition and I got It for 230 second hand. 

5 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

The battery extension or the rifle? Mine works pretty fine, in great external condition and I got It for 230 second hand. 

Yeah, the rifle, cheers 👍🏻

15 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Stirling ticket for themed game in August

Really want to get involved with a more mil sim based event, especially the catterick based one's. It's not something that appeals to my normal game day friends, how accessible is it to people that go alone?

For the 24 hour events, as a complete novice, what sort of equipment do you need to take?

Cheers

8 hours ago, Lokai said:

Really want to get involved with a more mil sim based event, especially the catterick based one's. It's not something that appeals to my normal game day friends, how accessible is it to people that go alone?

For the 24 hour events, as a complete novice, what sort of equipment do you need to take?

Cheers

Going alone is fine. I go alone to a hell of a lot of games because of varying reasons but mostly as you say friends don't want to do the same thing or it just doesn't appeal. Stirling have a kit list on their website but kit is very game dependent, Some of it is very common sense others bits you may not of thought of.

This is the basic list of what they suggest for the game I'm playing but obviously that would differ massively to a game at The Tree's.

Kit List;

• Bergen/Backpack
  • Sleeping Kit (Bag, Bivi, Mat, Basha)
  • Wash Kit & Toiletries
  • Food & Water (For 24+ hours)
  • Brew Kit/Cooking Kit
  • Uniform & Boots
  • Eye Protection
  • Combat Kit (Webbing/Vest)
  • Weapons (Airsoft)
  • Navigation Kit (Map, Compass)
  • Torch & Lightsticks
  • Toolkit & Batteries

Heard Horror stories as of late for other events (not run by stirling) with people turning up to games with no cold weather/we weather gear and all going home 3 hours into the game (if that!!!)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

heard Horror stories as of late for other events (not run by stirling) with people turning up to games with no cold weather/we weather gear and all going home 3 hours into the game (if that!!!)

Not Airsoft related but of the same train of WTF , few yrs ago did a trek in the Sahara for help for heroes . We arrive at Gatwick to fly to Morocco supposedly ready to go straight on to the trek , two people with us one of whom had a large expedition holdall (was on the kit list to carry all your kit on the transport from stop to stop) with there kit in it , Someone pointed out the Cotswold label dangling off it and said “hopes she’s tested her kit first !” Arrived in the Moroccan camp that night AND everything that came out of the bag was still wrapped up from when she’d bought it all 2days before so no she hadn’t ! 

And the other ? They had all there kit in what you can only describe as a hotel/hospital linen bag ! 

So yes some people DO have no concept of preparation! 🤦‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Going alone is fine. I go alone to a hell of a lot of games because of varying reasons but mostly as you say friends don't want to do the same thing or it just doesn't appeal. Stirling have a kit list on their website but kit is very game dependent, Some of it is very common sense others bits you may not of thought of.

This is the basic list of what they suggest for the game I'm playing but obviously that would differ massively to a game at The Tree's.

Kit List;

• Bergen/Backpack
  • Sleeping Kit (Bag, Bivi, Mat, Basha)
  • Wash Kit & Toiletries
  • Food & Water (For 24+ hours)
  • Brew Kit/Cooking Kit
  • Uniform & Boots
  • Eye Protection
  • Combat Kit (Webbing/Vest)
  • Weapons (Airsoft)
  • Navigation Kit (Map, Compass)
  • Torch & Lightsticks
  • Toolkit & Batteries

Heard Horror stories as of late for other events (not run by stirling) with people turning up to games with no cold weather/we weather gear and all going home 3 hours into the game (if that!!!)

Thanks for the info, think i just need to bite the bullet and get booked on. Clothing, tactical gear etc is all good, it's more the sleeping kit i don't have or a decent/big enough back pack. Do people tend to take the small one man tents? And for food, portable stoves?

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Thanks for the info, think i just need to bite the bullet and get booked on. Clothing, tactical gear etc is all good, it's more the sleeping kit i don't have or a decent/big enough back pack. Do people tend to take the small one man tents? And for food, portable stoves?

Cheers

I know a few people who just take a bivvy and/or sleep under the stars. One man tents can be had, I have a Coleman Rigel X for my solo hiking trips which is lighter then most bivvy bags. 

3 hours ago, Lokai said:

Cheers

As long as its not 'The Trees' most Stirling events you can sleep in a building so camp bed, roll matt, sleeping bag and you are good to go.

3 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

As long as its not 'The Trees' most Stirling events you can sleep in a building so camp bed, roll matt, sleeping bag and you are good to go.

Ah that makes things cheaper, it would be Catterick, cheers.