Airsoft Forums UK

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Is your battery OK? Sounds like the circuit/battery protection is kicking in

Yep or the mechbox is locking up/broken. But most likely electrical if it cycles once.

21 minutes ago, Musica said:

My imax charges both of them without issue not sure of any other way to test them. Been at a storage charge since the day I got them until now.

If there was any problems with your batteries the imax would show a fault. You do balance charge them not fast charge I take it?

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Urgh that sounds so frustrating. Hope they get it sorted quick for you if you send it back.

Seems like the problem is mechanical so I have emailed the retailer (jdairsoft). I hope so too I booked a game for the 14th as bring my own kit. It's literally my worst case scenario. 

Heres a video of the horrific noise it makes when I get to fire it after inserting a battery. 

• Supporters
21 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

4x32 Scope with digital rangefinder, accurate to 500m in 0.5m increments

Can you switch it between regular metres and airsoft metres?

10 hours ago, Musica said:

fires once after connecting battery then 2 beeps and a red light in mag well

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!  Aw, that's awful, you buy an EVO to avoid that sort of tosh. :(

You might try asking Ryan / Silver Fox if he's got any ideas.  Worst case,  I should have a spare something or other on the 14th.

As advised in the Evo Owner's Group, contact JD today. They'll replace it or repair it under warranty. Just make sure that you were using the recommended power of battery, or it could invalidate your warranty. Almost every Evo suffers from weak gears, but once upgraded, they're fantastic and reliable. My gen.1 first batch Evo shat its gearbox a few months into ownership. I had it repaired by Landwarrior, but paid to have it upgraded at the same time and I've had no issues with it since and that was years ago. Best AEG I've ever owned in 10 years, Marui's included.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Can you switch it between regular metres and airsoft metres?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!  Aw, that's awful, you buy an EVO to avoid that sort of tosh. :(

You might try asking Ryan / Silver Fox if he's got any ideas.  Worst case,  I should have a spare something or other on the 14th.

Yea I can't believe how stupid I was to book the 14th as I had this in the back of my head.

24 minutes ago, ryaw said:

As advised in the Evo Owner's Group, contact JD today. They'll replace it or repair it under warranty. Just make sure that you were using the recommended power of battery, or it could invalidate your warranty. Almost every Evo suffers from weak gears, but once upgraded, they're fantastic and reliable. My gen.1 first batch Evo shat its gearbox a few months into ownership. I had it repaired by Landwarrior, but paid to have it upgraded at the same time and I've had no issues with it since and that was years ago. Best AEG I've ever owned in 10 years, Marui's included.

Yea I was hoping it was anything but the gears.  I put the mil spec spring and ball bearing spring guide in and ran it on 11.1v only so that's not an issue as thats what is required. It does say it recommends minimum weight of 0.25g  but it has the same issue dry firing as well as with my asg blaster 0.20gs.  Was it just ultimate gears you had added? 

Check out the box it arrived in 

20190403_222346.jpg

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Musica said:

Yea I can't believe how stupid I was to book the 14th as I had this in the back of my head.

Yea I was hoping it was anything but the gears.  I put the mil spec spring and ball bearing spring guide in and ran it on 11.1v only so that's not an issue as thats what is required. It does say it recommends minimum weight of 0.25g  but it has the same issue dry firing as well as with my asg blaster 0.20gs.  Was it just ultimate gears you had added? 

Check out the box it arrived in 

BB weight wont be an issue.

It sounds like it is trying to burst fire on semi?

This has become the problem with the evo that there are too many bad ones creeping through. I know of lots that have worked fine with never an issue but far too many do. Which is a shame as they are great when working.

As for fine when the gears are upgraded that is a joke on a £300+ gun. Ultimate gears are crap though so not much of an upgrade. I would insist on a replacement and if that dies get a refund and buy something you can trust.

I honestly can't recall what gears were put in mine, but probably steel Ultimates. I'd personally advise that you get it upgraded and stick with it. It'll be the only AEG you'll ever need and it's certainly the only one I've had for years now. Excellent indoors and out.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for fine when the gears are upgraded that is a joke on a £300+ gun. Ultimate gears are crap though so not much of an upgrade. I would insist on a replacement and if that dies get a refund and buy something you can trust.

40 minutes ago, ryaw said:

I honestly can't recall what gears were put in mine, but probably steel Ultimates. I'd personally advise that you get it upgraded and stick with it. It'll be the only AEG you'll ever need and it's certainly the only one I've had for years now. Excellent indoors and out.

I agree with both points it's a bit of a joke for such an expensive gun but piece of mind would do me wonders and I am pretty picky about guns. I like stop on empty and SMGs so I don't have a huge choice to pick from. If I can work out some discount I might go for a set of decent gears in there as I have done a lot of reading before buying it and this is the only fault people mention that really lets it down. 

The retailer have said they will email me a label and arrange collection so far. Will do a full review on the appropriate thread when I get to the end of the line with the retailer as they have been speedy and informative responses so far. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, ryaw said:

It is not an upgrade though if it is something that is required to fix an inherent flaw. If there is a problem with the manufacturing that means the Evo has a high rate of gear failure then ASG should be replacing the weak area for free as the original product is not fit for purpose.

No one should have to spend more money just to make their gun work the same as it is meant to originally.

21 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I've bought a Geissele rail for the A5! 

What do you chaps think? I'm personally a fan, and although there's not much difference in weight.

It feels nicer to hold, I may not even bother with a vertical grip. 

Here's pictures of before and after. 

394229853_thumbnail_DSC_0394(1).jpg.81aa6a744f42c336b46d8f2501e55eec.thumb.jpg.273ae8aae23a2a589537f4e73cc504a3.jpg

thumbnail_DSC_0393.jpg.d5822a5410d284d12b95c8bd9ec81aaa.thumb.jpg.5c5cba6138a43152c2404e1546a4d9cd.jpg

DSC_0478.JPG

DSC_0479.JPG

I am very much a fan of this, very nice looking rifle 

• Supporters

Rails a rail to me but that one does look sexy as fook ! 😍

Bunch of parts from @ak2m4

These are for my MG36 build. Where there is a X2, means one of them is going to my ARX160 which already has upgrade parts ready to go in, just need the last pieces of the puzzle. 

SHS (RA) G36 Cylinder Head Aluminium

Acetech AceMOS Plus Mosfet X2

SLD High Torque Motor 22TPA (Short)

SHS (RA) Stainless steel Cylinder (4/5Hole) X2

ZCI Piston head (8 Vent Aluminium)

SLD 14 Tooth Piston (Lightweight)

ZCI Gear Set (Advanced) 16:1

Another boneyard Glockish thing, seems to be a copy of the EMG BLU, made by KJW called a KP13, definitely needs fixing lol

D275024C-1966-4B4B-B58F-ED9D0A8DEC5A.thumb.jpeg.ab72cd32852ba4f18929789c091b1d4b.jpeg

In a moment of weakness I decided to order one of the Strataim Nova grenades. I was reading an article on them the other day and decided to take the plunge.

strataim-strataim-nova-epsilon-gas-bb-bfg-grenade.jpg

• Supporters
11 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

In a moment of weakness I decided to order one of the Strataim Nova grenades. I was reading an article on them the other day and decided to take the plunge.

Interesting, does appear to have substantially more ‘umph’ to it than the rest of the gas grenade world does .👍 

@clumpyedge they are. I haven't really been interested in BB ones as a lot of those available have seemed to be quite flimsy compared to their BFG counterparts. There's also the added negative of significantly increased reload times but from what I've read and seen this one seems to be durable and reliable.

My main thought with picking it up is that I'll use it as a follow up to a BFG when I suspect/know people are/were in the kill vicinity and I didn't gain any kills. Perhaps a foolish notion but I'll see what happens.

As an added bonus the alleged effective range on the BB's being fired out is a 10 meter radius.

@Druid799 my thoughts exactly.

I thought I was done buying pouches.

Right: Templars Gear small cargo in genuine multicam to keep my phone, car keys and cigarettes

Left: Emerson electronics pouch still in genuine Gucci cam, just because I liked the design.

P_20190409_173327_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg