The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

10 hours ago, Seven said:

Yup, those are the ones I have.. just couldn't remember the name.

I use a mesh lower mask. Not sure what you use.

You might wanna try a little dish soap instead if the revision are not doing the job 100%.

Soap works better for me when i don't have a fan but instead of fog you get water streaks. Can still see clearly but it can distort the view slightly. Like a thin layer of running water type effect. Acceptable for me.

I run the ontigeress mesh mask cloth sides. Been tempted for https://divisionsix.co.uk/ pricey. Might vent better breath has to be the number one cause of fogging tho. 

Also got a speed loader because I'm crazy and ordering anything I can cheap in advance of my  gun 

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1553364612039.jpg_1553364613936.jpeg

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Musica said:

I run the ontigeress mesh mask cloth sides. Been tempted for https://divisionsix.co.uk/ pricey. Might vent better breath has to be the number one cause of fogging tho. 

OR you could buy this one for rather less ? 😱

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/masks/half-face-mask-multicamo-fma

1C82CB54-66AD-40DA-A5E4-27150EBD06DE.jpeg

On 23/03/2019 at 13:19, Seven said:

GoPro Hero5 Black has now been purchased.

Got a good deal on a full refurb from GoPro with a year warranty.

Happy days!

Standby for some videos that y'all gonna take the piss out of...

I would recommend searching on ebay or amazon "gopro hero 5 session diving lens" and then cut out a square piece of lexan and insert that into the housing. That's what I did with my gopro hero 5 session and works well to protect the lens, it's the same as brain exploders (don't know why people don't just do this), it's cheaper, the housing is less bulky and its not made out of questionable 3D printed plastic (plus if you ever go diving you can use the lenses it comes with :P

Better yet, heres a link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CamKix-replacement-Diving-compatible-Session/dp/B018DODPVU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=gopro+hero+5+session+diving+lens&qid=1553452878&s=gateway&sr=8-3

33 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

OR you could buy this one for rather less ? 😱

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/masks/half-face-mask-multicamo-fma

1C82CB54-66AD-40DA-A5E4-27150EBD06DE.jpeg

Bloody hell poor chap who made it. They even have HIS logo on the nose. But to be fair 50 quid for a mask?  thats a bit much 30-35 at a push if it's "top quality" 

1 hour ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

I would recommend searching on ebay or amazon "gopro hero 5 session diving lens" and then cut out a square piece of lexan and insert that into the housing. That's what I did with my gopro hero 5 session and works well to protect the lens, it's the same as brain exploders (don't know why people don't just do this), it's cheaper, the housing is less bulky and its not made out of questionable 3D printed plastic (plus if you ever go diving you can use the lenses it comes with :P

Better yet, heres a link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/CamKix-replacement-Diving-compatible-Session/dp/B018DODPVU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=gopro+hero+5+session+diving+lens&qid=1553452878&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Already purchased the official super suit... Same idea, comes with a skeleton door for better audio and 2 solid doors for diving and it's already BB proof. Thanks though!

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Ooh, is that a UBR I see cropped off shot there? Nice...

Cheers, and yup, gbb fitted to an AEG, I just love to make life difficult for myself lol

5A15E8DB-1B17-4161-8018-34684A84C585.jpeg

On 22/03/2019 at 15:17, Lasbrisas17 said:

Got the gen2+ dipol D128  today (no blemishes) for 1300 euros (it's missing one of the rails which I am going to bring up to the seller as it was not disclosed but still useable).

The pics down the tube is not as clear as in person (hard to focus both camera and night vision).

IMG_20190322_132335469.jpg

IMG_20190322_132347034.jpg

IMG_20190322_133320559.jpg

IMG_20190322_133356136.jpg

Something wrong with the picture, it makes your TV look like its from the 80s :D  

2 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Something wrong with the picture, it makes your TV look like its from the 80s :D  

Yeah, it's a TV from like the early 2000s? late 90s? just too lazy to throw it out, I don't even use it lmao

On 22/03/2019 at 16:00, Rogerborg said:

Irrational self deception.  £99 on stupid toys is OK.  £100 is real money.

Slightly less flippantly, I enjoy running a bunch of different stupid toys during the day, as it changes the way I have to play and that keeps things fresh.

I don't argue that this is the best way to airsoft - for what I've spent on cheap stupid toys, I could have bought an EVO or similar expensive stupid toy which would hugely outperform everything that I have under every circumstance.  But I get smiles out of switching between electro-carbine, electro-SMG, springer shotgun and even my electro-pistol.

However, the trigger response on the AEP is dire even running on lipo, so I've finally decided to splash out on a gas gun.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that rationale, if its what keeps you interested and playing then why the hell not?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Musica said:

Bloody hell poor chap who made it. They even have HIS logo on the nose. But to be fair 50 quid for a mask?  thats a bit much 30-35 at a push if it's "top quality" 

Yea it is a blatant cloning BUT I’m sorry the ‘original’ is equally taking the piss asking 50quid for a cloth and plastic mask ! 😱

21 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Yea it is a blatant cloning BUT I’m sorry the ‘original’ is blatantly taking the piss asking 50quid for a cloth and plastic mask ! 😱

yea I agree tooo much. 

owner is packing it because of the clones. I could give two flarkins about licensed multicam fabric import costs.

might try that clone not a big fan of the metal ones,

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Musica said:

yea I agree tooo much. 

owner is packing it because of the clones. I could give two flarkins about licensed multicam fabric import costs.

might try that clone not a big fan of the metal ones,

Am genuinely sorry his business has folded due to the situation , but again not my problem and if he wants to use ‘military grade materials’ for an Airsoft mask then more fool he is , especially when you can get most of his patterns in this country for the same if not less (and I do know you can as I make kit my self !) so not a great deal of sympathy for him .

Ps if he really really does want some sympathy he can look it up in a dictionary , he’ll find it between shit and syphilis ! 😉

8 hours ago, Seven said:

Just bought a throat mic.

An ALAN Heavy duty throat mic.

Appears to be a faithful reproduction of the Code Red systems at a much more agreeable (at this time) price.

1366449840_images(2).jpeg.177e487439af4f2a0bdbc4549e035278.jpeg

Ooooh that’s rather sweet ! 😍

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Resistor170 said:

Make sure you buy the gun! I've had a canoe paddle for about 3 years now and still no canoe 😑

is it just me, or would i much prefer the phrase "up shit creek without a paddle" to "in shit creek with a paddle and no canoe" :P

• Supporters
On 22/03/2019 at 14:16, Rogerborg said:

I've finally cracked and bought a GBB pistol for haptic larks.  In best tight Scotchman style, it's the cheapest one that I could find, the Army Armament R17-A not-a-Glock, [...]  The giggle is that I've done what we all know not to do, and ordered it from... bbguns4less.

Ye of little faith!  Ordered Friday, showed up today even with free-over-£50 postage.  A new gun, in the ordered colour, still tagged and not pre-licked, two new sealed WE mags, and a free bottle of BBs thrown in as well.

I have to say, I expected more drama.  Sort of disappointed.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Ye of little faith!  Ordered Friday, showed up today even with free-over-£50 postage.  A new gun, in the ordered colour, still tagged and not pre-licked, two new sealed WE mags, and a free bottle of BBs thrown in as well.

I have to say, I expected more drama.  Sort of disappointed.

When you say "bb's" what exactly are we referring to? Is it actual ammo or some of those polystyrene packing balls painted yellow?

On 24/03/2019 at 18:36, Lasbrisas17 said:

This is a great idea, do you have a link you the lexan too 😉

Systema motor brushes

Systema mag latch spring

PTS PTW EPM mags x2

Kumi 490 Motor (spare just because)

Adventuretech DCU/M81 reversible (turned up as expected and in great condition)

A few magpul accessories

Eagle6 m110 spring

14 hours ago, Lasbrisas17 said:

Team wendy epic liner 

comfort.thumb.jpg.4f6567c524f48fbbc2b73fe73be248cb.jpg

I recommend if you have a replica helmet to change the occ dial to H-nape and put team wendy epic liner, so comfy. 

Where did you source it from bud?