The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

I've finally cracked and bought a GBB pistol for haptic larks.  In best tight Scotchman style, it's the cheapest one that I could find, the Army Armament R17-A not-a-Glock, blessed as sort-of-OK-ish by Jebus Himself:

The giggle is that I've done what we all know not to do, and ordered it from... bbguns4less.

Because why?  Because cheapness.  (£60 + 2 x £21 WE mags) - the 7% discount code you get from leaving it in your basket for 24 hours + free postage = <£95 delivered.

My rule of thumb is that anything under 3 figures is disposable, and PayPal means that if it turns up pre-licked by Sweaty Dom or explodes during the first garage plinking session, then a dispute goes in, and back it goes.

Famous last words: how badly can they mess up a simple order? ;)

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The giggle is that I've done what we all know not to do, and ordered it from... bbguns4less.

Famous last words: how badly can they mess up a simple order? ;)

Just going to leave this here just in case! :lol::lol:

agree on the costs though ;)

keep us posted!!

Got the gen2+ dipol D128  today (no blemishes it's missing one of the rails which I am going to bring up to the seller as it was not disclosed but still useable).

The pics down the tube is not as clear as in person (hard to focus both camera and night vision).

IMG_20190322_132335469.jpg

IMG_20190322_132347034.jpg

IMG_20190322_133320559.jpg

IMG_20190322_133356136.jpg

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Aren't they the Raven OEM?

Dunno. Raven appear to be a Nuprol rebrand, which is weird given that Nuprol is already a rebrand of... whatever.  The AA and Raven might very well be from the same factory, but the AA was £56.50 (after Secret Discount) and the Ravens are £72 from PatrolBase.  Keeping the whole order under the psychological £100 barrier was the difference between wasting my money on more stupid toys, versus not wasting my money on more stupid toys. ;)

And yes, I might end up running pistol primary - this was the cheapest way to see if that's for me.  According the AFUK review, the AA is TM compatible, so when it breaks I can sort it with proper magical parts.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Dunno. Raven appear to be a Nuprol rebrand, which is weird given that Nuprol is already a rebrand of... whatever.  The AA and Raven might very well be from the same factory, but the AA was £56.50 (after Secret Discount) and the Ravens are £72 from PatrolBase.  Keeping the whole order under the psychological £100 barrier was the difference between wasting my money on more stupid toys, versus not wasting my money on more stupid toys. ;)

And yes, I might end up running pistol primary - this was the cheapest way to see if that's for me.  According the AFUK review, the AA is TM compatible, so when it breaks I can sort it with proper magical parts.

Just a question, whats the reason you wont spend over £100 on an airsoft pistol/rifle?

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Just a question, whats the reason you wont spend over £100 on an airsoft pistol/rifle?

Irrational self deception.  £99 on stupid toys is OK.  £100 is real money.

Slightly less flippantly, I enjoy running a bunch of different stupid toys during the day, as it changes the way I have to play and that keeps things fresh.

I don't argue that this is the best way to airsoft - for what I've spent on cheap stupid toys, I could have bought an EVO or similar expensive stupid toy which would hugely outperform everything that I have under every circumstance.  But I get smiles out of switching between electro-carbine, electro-SMG, springer shotgun and even my electro-pistol.

However, the trigger response on the AEP is dire even running on lipo, so I've finally decided to splash out on a gas gun.

GoPro Hero5 Black has now been purchased.

Got a good deal on a full refurb from GoPro with a year warranty.

Happy days!

Standby for some videos that y'all gonna take the piss out of...

• Supporters
On 22/03/2019 at 14:16, Rogerborg said:

Giggling aside that’s where I got my A&K Winchester from , similar situation as your self and had it for well under the ton where as everybody else had it for over !😂

PS I still call it the dirty Winchester mind 😉

6 hours ago, Seven said:

Happy days!

oh no more videos of me getting owned :( 

9 minutes ago, Musica said:

oh no more videos of me getting owned :( 

Only if you're on the opposite team! 😂

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

My poor impulse control has now been put into perspective.  I'll POV you if you POV me.

???

8 hours ago, Seven said:

Happy days!

You could have had my gopro session with the case :(

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

You could have had my gopro session with the case :(

I did look at the session but it didn't have some of the features I wanted... And one feature that is absolutely essential, a removable and replaceable battery.

5 minutes ago, Musica said:

actually helps like a counter weight on the back of helmet,

I have enough shit on my helmet, including the battery pack for my goggle fans.

Plus I won't just be using it for Airsoft...

Just now, Seven said:

I have enough shit on my helmet, including the battery pack for my goggle fans.

Plus I won't just be using it for Airsoft...

some "home" movies ?

have to get a look at those goggles at somepoint pretty close to just getting a dyemask to avoid fogging.

7 minutes ago, Musica said:

some "home" movies ?

have to get a look at those goggles at somepoint pretty close to just getting a dyemask to avoid fogging.

Snowboarding.

And the goggles are nothing special, just some cheap FMA fan goggles the same as Roger has. I have all the stuff here to double glaze them like Roger did but I've been too lazy to actually do it yet.

I sweat like a bitch in heat but either a little dish soap or a revision wipe takes care of 75% of my fogging and I have the fan for extreme circumstances so I'm in no real rush.

Roger never has to use his fan with the double glazing.

One day I'll get round to it...

I also have a pair of low profile goggles that are double glazed out the box but no fan. They work ok as long as I use dish soap or revision wipes.

In total I have 3 sets of goggles.. the low profile ones and 2 of the FMA fan goggles. I like to wear a pair and then switch them out between games to let any moisture evap... Constant rotation. I'm actually thinking about adding a pair of bolle X800I to the mix at some point... I wanna try them out

4 minutes ago, Seven said:

I also have a pair of low profile goggles that are double glazed out the box but no fan. They work ok as long as I use dish soap or revision wipes.

got double glazed myself.  pyramex i-force, revision wipes helped. think I might try a different lower mask.

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

got double glazed myself.  pyramex i-force, revision wipes helped. think I might try a different lower mask.

Yup, those are the ones I have.. just couldn't remember the name.

I use a mesh lower mask. Not sure what you use.

You might wanna try a little dish soap instead if the revision are not doing the job 100%.

Soap works better for me when i don't have a fan but instead of fog you get water streaks. Can still see clearly but it can distort the view slightly. Like a thin layer of running water type effect. Acceptable for me.