The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Pfc.Macdonald.J said:

Ex-fog fan unit for my v12 advancers. 

Can you feel the air blowing out of the pipe , can’t see any kind of diffuser on it so does it just come straight out ? If yes to the first part that would drive me demented ! 

So looking forward to your post game day report?👍

2 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

2XmdDpjgRpC_RC7HYP2cGSofnral_Q1XickgeoVU

Fair bit of weird kit this time.

Weirdly, enjoyed the build up story more than the final photo lol 

Still, cracking kit. Very jealous

A new dump pouch as my cheap eBay job shit the bed on it's first skirmish (luckily long enough for me to realise I want a dump pouch).

Some Proball Bbs from SocomTactical  for next weekend

20190222_112705.thumb.jpg.e127f63d71aa14705a0a886a913f9095.jpg

• Supporters

Well I only got off about 100 shots before the gears broke but here's the latest addition to my collection: LCT AKM

2019-02-21_13_18_21.thumb.jpg.7f88e864513850f15d1e5aa4b3c7e036.jpg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Well I only got off about 100 shots before the gears broke but here's the latest addition to my collection: LCT AKM

100 shots, I'd be severely pissed, still at least it looks good 😉

• Supporters
9 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

Weirdly, enjoyed the build up story more than the final photo lol 

Still, cracking kit. Very jealous

I don't see a lot of honest BTS stuff from the actual social media 'celebrities' that are out there.  Usually it's 'gawd my life is so hard, just constant work *sips another margarita at 3 o/clock on a Wednesday afternoon*'.  

56 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

I don't see a lot of honest BTS stuff from the actual social media 'celebrities' that are out there.  Usually it's 'gawd my life is so hard, just constant work *sips another margarita at 3 o/clock on a Wednesday afternoon*'.  

I know right, normally skip most stories but yours are always entertaining or sarcastic which is always a winner

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

100 shots, I'd be severely pissed, still at least it looks good 😉

Very attractive gun.

I would love one but only play cqb.

I've often thought of getting one anyway despite its size, but know I would regret it. 

Send it to Fire Support if you have the money. They will fix it for you. 

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J
17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Can you feel the air blowing out of the pipe , can’t see any kind of diffuser on it so does it just come straight out ? If yes to the first part that would drive me demented ! 

So looking forward to your post game day report?👍

No, I can't feel any airflow on my face or inside the goggles at all. I positioned the pipes pointing downward into each lens compartment. There is a noise, but its very, very quiet. Its much quieter than my gun so I only notice it when I'm not shooting or moving or breathing.

Wore it for a full day's skirmish today and can report zero fogging. Now I do sweat (insert innapropriate sweating analogy here) and it was warm today. I was also a tad hungover (nothing crazy, but a few troopers were had last night). Usually I manage half of the first game before I fog up, but with this on, I had nothing! I had it running on and off always at the middle setting. Genuinely very happy with it as I've never played a game with goggles and never had fog. 

Happy to post details about how I fitted mine if you're interested... 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Pfc.Macdonald.J said:

Yes please mate If you could that would be grate I’m sure there’ll be a few others interested .👍

• Mostly Retired Moderators

A Nuprol (Hissss) Bocca Series One rail (10") from SWAS:

p5neo7i.jpg

https://www.swasairsoft.co.uk/clearance-sale/nuprol-bocca-series-one-rail-10-black

Wanted something to replace the 8" keymod on my Specna B12 as I'm bored of Keymod accessories not fitting or having to use rail segments for RIS accessories.

Been looking at second hand for a while but at £25(!) How could I resist!

On 23/02/2019 at 21:31, CKinnerley said:

2XmdDpjgRpC_RC7HYP2cGSofnral_Q1XickgeoVU

Fair bit of weird kit this time.

Forgot to ask, who makes the small chest rig? I saw the clone at Shooting Show but who makes the proper version?

Receiver set with trades for an L119 build. One of those things I fancy doing but was always a bit put off by the faff of getting the engraving done. Let the building commence !

• Supporters
9 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

If you like the first spear shirt have a look at Dixxon

Definitely not to my personal tastes for a fair few different reasons haha.  I feel like I also need to say the Stratton will never see the airsoft field, I have a comedy Flannel combat shirt for bb wars and potential cosplay type usage.

Forgot to ask, who makes the small chest rig? I saw the clone at Shooting Show but who makes the proper version?

That one's the HSP D3CR-M, but I've got a couple of Spiritus Micro Fights as well as my own scratch/custom built iteration of the concept.  I like the Haley rig, but definitely look in to the alternatives from Spiritus, Ferro Concepts and Whiskey Two Four in particular to figure out what'll be best for you.

26 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

Definitely not to my personal tastes for a fair few different reasons haha.  I feel like I also need to say the Stratton will never see the airsoft field, I have a comedy Flannel combat shirt for bb wars and potential cosplay type usage.

I’m a flannel whore 100% but can appreciate not everyone’s cup of tea, I’ve got a few of the Dixxons but more in the same colour style as the first spear ones don’t get the loud coloured ones at all!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 25/02/2019 at 11:23, L3wisD said:

A Nuprol (Hissss) Bocca Series One rail (10") from SWAS:

p5neo7i.jpg

https://www.swasairsoft.co.uk/clearance-sale/nuprol-bocca-series-one-rail-10-black

Finally fitted this tonight - massive thanks to @rocketdogbert for lending me an Armourers wrench in order to fit it properly! 😘

I like it! Overall it makes the gun look nice and chunky in comparison to the Keymod. And now it looks just a little bit more generic than it did before!

GT97J1Z.jpg

Feels weird, my brain keeps thinking it's made the gun longer... 😂

6 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Finally fitted this tonight - massive thanks to @rocketdogbert for lending me an Armourers wrench in order to fit it properly! 😘

I like it! Overall it makes the gun look nice and chunky in comparison to the Keymod. And now it looks just a little bit more generic than it did before!

GT97J1Z.jpg

Feels weird, my brain keeps thinking it's made the gun longer... 😂

You’re welcome mate, looks good as well. 👍🏻

On 24/02/2019 at 16:58, Pfc.Macdonald.J said:

No, I can't feel any airflow on my face or inside the goggles at all. I positioned the pipes pointing downward into each lens compartment. There is a noise, but its very, very quiet. Its much quieter than my gun so I only notice it when I'm not shooting or moving or breathing.

Wore it for a full day's skirmish today and can report zero fogging. Now I do sweat (insert innapropriate sweating analogy here) and it was warm today. I was also a tad hungover (nothing crazy, but a few troopers were had last night). Usually I manage half of the first game before I fog up, but with this on, I had nothing! I had it running on and off always at the middle setting. Genuinely very happy with it as I've never played a game with goggles and never had fog. 

Your positive review caused this

IMG_20190301_084740.jpg

On 24/02/2019 at 08:43, Gepard said:

11.1 LIPO ?

Cyma CM370M metal receiver spring shottie.  Really impressed with it.