The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

A heavyweight buffer for my G&P WOC GBBR. I wouldn't have bothered but for whatever reason G&P make the world's lightest buffers so in this baby goes. It weighs about 6 times as much as the stock one so should be a noticeable difference.

• Supporters

New gun box ‘Flambeau tactical AR gun case’ , not quite a Peli case but then again I’ve never actually ‘needed’ a gun case that will survive being dropped from 10miles up airsofting ? 😉

E93DAA3B-0EE3-4FFB-AF23-74CEB0F1312A.jpeg

8E140071-CE76-4541-8353-FF794B42F910.jpeg

Nice M16, and is that a TM USP?

My first pistol torch arrived today in the post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Evolution-X300U-Pistol-Rail-Mount-Tactical-Light-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Kit/202538255758?hash=item2f2838858e:g:n1kAAOSwdUJcFHQT:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I've noticed that whenever I order anything from China the waiting time is usually said to be about a month. But the stuff always arrives in about a week. Was very happy with the price although I haven't got any batteries at the moment, so I'm unable to test it until the evening. Comes in a nice little foam lined plastic box.

I get the impression this is the same model that some companies put their moniker on and then raise the price.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I get the impression this is the same model that some companies put their moniker on and then raise the price.

NE is marketed by Element but you can get the same one cheaper properly unbranded or even with full Surefire trades. You're right though, there's probably just one factory churning these things out!

This is the one I bought a few weeks ago: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WIPSON-Tactical-SF-X300-Ultra-Pistol-Gun-Light-X300U-500-Lumens-High-Output-Weapon-Flashlight-Fit/32830394633.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34474c4dK3pcJO

4 hours ago, Lozart said:

NE is marketed by Element but you can get the same one cheaper properly unbranded or even with full Surefire trades. You're right though, there's probably just one factory churning these things out!

This is the one I bought a few weeks ago: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WIPSON-Tactical-SF-X300-Ultra-Pistol-Gun-Light-X300U-500-Lumens-High-Output-Weapon-Flashlight-Fit/32830394633.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34474c4dK3pcJO

How long was the delivery, dude?

I was contemplating just ordering one  of these from Davescustom... They are like £60 there but shipping from the UK... I really cba to wait 1-2 months only to find it broken or subpar from Ali.

4 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

My first pistol torch arrived today in the post.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Evolution-X300U-Pistol-Rail-Mount-Tactical-Light-LED-Flashlight-Torch-Kit/202538255758?hash=item2f2838858e:g:n1kAAOSwdUJcFHQT:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

I've noticed that whenever I order anything from China the waiting time is usually said to be about a month. But the stuff always arrives in about a week. Was very happy with the price although I haven't got any batteries at the moment, so I'm unable to test it until the evening. Comes in a nice little foam lined plastic box.

Let us know how it fairs when you test it out!

I'm on the hunt for a temporary vision obscuring level of brightness.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thank you 😉 

the M16 is a golden eagle (Jing gong !) and the pistol is actually one of the £24 stti non-blowback USP’s from Taiwangun AND it’s one of the most reliable gas pistols I’ve ever used in low temps , as it’s all plastic (bar the internals) and the mags are plastic there’s zero cool down and the other wknd at my local site the snow was thick on the ground and it was still pumping the rounds out for some very righteous kills when other players distinctly more expensive ‘quality’ guns were giving it the old ‘click , phut , whoosh when they pulled the trigger ! 😂😂😂

• Supporters
9 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for the information.

I might just get me one of those.  I have often considered getting an  nbb pistol for the winter months. Love the price.😁

Yup ! AND the spare mags are like £7 or £8 each ! 😱

• Supporters
On 15/02/2019 at 20:06, Seven said:

How long was the delivery, dude?

I was contemplating just ordering one  of these from Davescustom... They are like £60 there but shipping from the UK... I really cba to wait 1-2 months only to find it broken or subpar from Ali.

It was about 3-4 weeks. Dispatch took longer than transit for that particular seller, for me it's good enough. It's not Surefire quality but let's face it - it's not Surefire cost either!

• Moderators

pair khaki sfu next trousers and a new fleece from Military1st...

weather getting warmer now :rolleyes:.....................................:lol: :lol:

• Supporters

A load of bits’n’bobs from Gunfire ; rail panels , foregrip , flash hider , hand stop set and an MP5 hi-cap 

now see when it arrives ? 👍

Just rather unexpectedly got an Army Armament R85A2 a couple of weeks ago... Despite being not as top notch as the more expensive replicas I'm rather impressed with it really and it's by far the cheapest way of getting an L85 with a rail. And so long as I look after it I'm sure it'll be fine... famous last words.

hUV7YwF.jpg

My dad's got an ICS L85, or SA80 as he'd call it, and you can feel the difference in build quality between the two, but if you're not fussed about little things like some lack of bevelling on a few more intricate parts, and most glaringly some rather cheap plastic on the dust cover and bolt release (I'm sure you could probably replace these relatively easily and I may do so myself, the grip and butt are nice materials mind) then it's really a good deal, considering this was about £170 on sale from BBGuns4Less.co.uk (Sometimes a bit of a gamble with them but this payed off) and the ICS is about 300 and a bit pounds typically. Not to mention, although a tad temperamental, this comes with an optional Electric Blow Back system, which I'm a fan of. It makes me grin! It can just be turned off by locking back the bolt though, if you're running low on battery or just particularly boring. (P.S - Almost forgot, it does have an L85A1 bolt pull, which can also be easily replaced and I may also do so at a later date.)

uTVNzP2.jpg

You'll certainly see the box coming! I did have some issue with getting this thing delivered, but that was only because of a note in the order asking for the Non-two tone version which was listed as out of stock even though it hadn't been the day before my order; but as it turns out they were just waiting for a new shipment in. Not that they told us that to begin with of course.

W15ltXa.jpg 

After a bit of a rebuild to fix the slightly wobbly front rail - and tighten quite a few other bits as it seems all they did in the factory is put the screws in, turn them twice, and leave it, it felt a lot more solid. Bit of a nightmare to get the upper and lower receiver back together, but I've heard that's the case with all L85s, and I imagine perhaps even the real one. Put the ACOG off my CM18 on in place of the carry handle and iron sights, which I was surprised fit on the 19mm rail but then again the scope's off Amazon so perhaps it's not exactly 20mm. Looks bloody smexy though!

OAZdoYIr.jpg

As I'd heard in reviews the feeding and magazines seem to be the biggest functional downfall of the Army Armament R85, and in direct comparison to the ICS the mag-well is indeed visually smaller. Although once you get the hang of it, it doesn't hamper you too much. I found it doesn't like hi-caps though, which is fine by me because I don't either, but my dad's ICS hi-caps which we tried for setting the hop caused the well documented issue of the gun jamming in repetition fire, needing to be changed to and fired in auto before it would fire again. While I can't say for sure, it seemed switching to my new Nuprol Mid/Real cap mags (which I love by the way) solved this as I had no feeding issues using them, but I didn't exactly fire off a billion rounds to test this so it might have just been pot luck. Still, as a collection piece this thing feels great, looks the part, and should, hopefully, fingers crossed, work in a game... If not though I'll have the trusty G&G CM18 to back me up.

oByVJjn.jpg

Although I wasn't there to open them (or get a better picture of them), given I've just gone back to uni after getting the L85 on a break, my new lovely hand made wooden rifle rack and pistol stand arrived at home the other day... can't wait to go back and get my ever expanding collection on them! Even if my wallet is rapidly deflating... Why do I want all the things?

Q0uhpll.jpg

And finally, I got a little patch alongside the L85, that of the famous 7th Armoured Division 'Desert Rats', which is also the name my old War Thunder & Arma squadron operated under.

Now, to spend even more money on attachments!...

*Wallet cries*

P.S - Blimey that turned into a full review, that wasn't supposed to happen! 

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

@rocketdogbert in "Buying all the guns Lewis wants" SCANDAL!

RDB:

XT0ObVI.gif

Well, actually, I’m not a Star Wars fan really.

I’ve swapped this for the MTR, with a bit if cash my way. Then I’m swapping this with the guy who does all my ink (because he is a massive SW fan) for some tattoo time 😎

Guest Pfc.Macdonald.J

Ex-fog fan unit for my v12 advancers. 

Just finished the setup too with the help of some velcro cable tidies and few other bits. 

Full day testing tomorrow... 

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG