The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just now, Iceni said:

You got exactly the right gun for the look you want. The JG would of done the job visually as well, but I think you made the right choice overall with the CA.

Same deal applies, any issues or you want advice just start up a thread and you can have what I know. I think you will find it a trouble free gun, and very comfortable.

One thing you might want is the modification to the safe bar for a single shot only position. It's a small mod that will add a 3rd position. Safe, Semi only, Semi + full auto.

Some sites will want to see some trigger control before they let you use it in semi only games without the mod. Having the mod done means it's impossible to go full auto in those games. And it costs nothing to make the modification. Just a couple of files and a sharp knife to remove a cube of plastic.

I was on the knifes edge with the JG in fairness but I opted for piece of mind... time will tell if it was worth it.

I greatly appreciated your assistance and no doubt I'll be picking your brains when it comes to sticking a MOSFET in and doing an overhaul at some point, haha.

If possible can you bounce the details over relating to the safe bar modification?

On a sidenote I'm really looking forward to fielding this and putting some shots down range.

Worlds longest, most expensive bit of brass tube... 5.98-680mm-£180 😭

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

A variety of .28g BBs to try in my gun to see what works best. 

And a decent chrono finally!

D58E435D-2BD4-40E9-B34F-DF8718B1E76E.jpeg

G&G according to tests are top. Even better than Geoff’s for the weight range they offer.

• Supporters

I do know they are good, but we had an issue with them missfeeding in a JG G36. 

As my RIF isn’t a specific brand I’m waiting to see how it’s affected.

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

G&G according to tests are top. Even better than Geoff’s for the weight range they offer.

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

A variety of .28g BBs to try in my gun to see what works best. 

And a decent chrono finally!

D58E435D-2BD4-40E9-B34F-DF8718B1E76E.jpeg

Wouldnt put those 6mm ammo ones anywhere near my guns tbh! 

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, E21A said:

Wouldnt put those 6mm ammo ones anywhere near my guns tbh! 

I did read your review and experience with them, but as there isn’t any newer bad reviews I thought I’d give them a go and update myself. For the price It’s worth it for me.

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

I do know they are good, but we had an issue with them missfeeding in a JG G36. 

As my RIF isn’t a specific brand I’m waiting to see how it’s affected.

For what it’s worth, my brother’s jg g36c has swallowed a few bags of these without a single issue. Only mod is a maple leaf bucking if that were to make a difference. 

35 minutes ago, Prisce said:

I did read your review and experience with them, but as there isn’t any newer bad reviews I thought I’d give them a go and update myself. For the price It’s worth it for me.

Inspect them beforehand I were you. Let me know how they are? I may have received some from a bad batch. 

• Supporters
Just now, E21A said:

Inspect them beforehand I were you. Let me know how they are? I may have received some from a bad batch. 

Of course mate. First visual inspection they look ok. Test will be when I try them👍🏻