The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, lukeB said:

I've always wondered, is the red tape on mp5 mags purely a Die Hard 2 things?

Depends on the person, with real guns ppl usually have different colours of tape representing different ammo types, Airsofters may do it to show different capacity magazines. As for this, was bought like this, lets just go with cos diehard.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Crye RG Field Shirt thanks to @CKinnerley

Super offended you didn't even trust me enough to pay F&F.

(j/k kids always use G&S, stay safe online)

p.s. Still got some more discontinued RG stuff going at very competitive prices if any out there wants some gucci-ness.  jus' sayin'

14 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

Depends on the person, with real guns ppl usually have different colours of tape representing different ammo types, Airsofters may do it to show different capacity magazines. As for this, was bought like this, lets just go with cos diehard.

I was actually planning on going red/blue for tracer/normal bbs.  Just need to order a bunch of midcaps.

Coloured tape is a proper American thing. Never seen it on Brits tbh. 

The ANGLICO I worked with on Op HERRICK used green yellow and red to signify percentage of ammo left as a quick reference for the Pl Sgt. We carried the usual mags and took off eachother all the time and speed loaders and bandoleers as lighter and don’t really slow down fire fights as not everyone really fires at once. Unless a count for rapid is required. 

Looks ally tho. 

10 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Super offended you didn't even trust me enough to pay F&F.

(j/k kids always use G&S, stay safe online)

p.s. Still got some more discontinued RG stuff going at very competitive prices if any out there wants some gucci-ness.  jus' sayin'

Hahaha! In all honesty it did cross my mind but as you say better to always be safe than sorry ;)

I might hit you up again if you still have things come pay day :)

So, after many questions and sucking of teeth I have finally done it.

First gun bought - TM HK416d DevGru. Got it with:

- x5 PTS-EMP 120/30 rnd mags (plus the stock mag that comes with it)

- Magpul style AFH mk2 angled foregrip

- Magpul style CTR stock (drilled out by the retailer to fit the battery)

- x3 Nurprol 7.4v 1100mah lipo (converted for deans, as is the 416)

- Nurprol hard case

Particular thanks to Dave at Daves Custom Airsoft for helping me out with the order and stupid noobie questions - great guy, great store and great service, take a look at this site HERE

Also, very many thanks to all those that helped answer all my questions on this forum. For those that posted about the Scorpion, it was touch and go all the way and I very nearly got it! But particualr thanks to Druid799 on these forums who has been really REALLY helpful!

- Hope to see some of you out on the skirmish sites :)

- Sharpe

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Sharpe_95 said:

So, after many questions and sucking of teeth I have finally done it.

First gun bought - TM HK416d DevGru. Got it with:

- x5 PTS-EMP 120/30 rnd mags (plus the stock mag that comes with it)

- Magpul style AFH mk2 angled foregrip

- Magpul style CTR stock (drilled out by the retailer to fit the battery)

- x3 Nurprol 7.4v 1100mah lipo (converted for deans, as is the 416)

- Nurprol hard case

Particular thanks to Dave at Daves Custom Airsoft for helping me out with the order and stupid noobie questions - great guy, great store and great service, take a look at this site HERE

Also, very many thanks to all those that helped answer all my questions on this forum. For those that posted about the Scorpion, it was touch and go all the way and I very nearly got it! But particualr thanks to Druid799 on these forums who has been really REALLY helpful!

- Hope to see some of you out on the skirmish sites :)

- Sharpe

Only thing you’ll want to look at in the future is replacing those batteries. 

I really dont get on with nuprol batteries. 

Have a look on component shop and get some much better Turnigy batteries in future.

I have three of the same Nuprol batteries for about a year and a half. Never failed though I always put mine I to storage mode immediately after a Skirmish. 

• Supporters

I had nothing but Nuprol batteries until recently, but all of the nuprol batteries started to swell in the last few months and there are now 3 I will not use at all(looking for the correct way to dispose of them).

17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I have three of the same Nuprol batteries for about a year and a half. Never failed though I always put mine I to storage mode immediately after a Skirmish. 

Picked this bad boy up.

Manual winding M4 drum mag.

Basically the ARP drum but in 5.56 format, holds 2300 rounds :)

oh, and another prommy purple bucking to go in my honey badger 

P_20190112_131510_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

P_20190112_131552_vHDR_Auto_1.jpg

Ghillie suit

STTI MK23

Action Army hop chamber

3 X 1KG .30g Bb's from 6mm ammo

Airsoft pro trigger set

M150 spring

Spring guide

Airsoftpro piston

Maple leaf omega nub

Maple leaf 70' AUTOBOT

Nickel coated cylinder

Cylinder head

RunCam scope cam

Scope rings

One Tigris buttstock pouch

Keymod to picatinny rail

Picatinny GoPro mount

VSR barrell picatinny mount 

I think that's it for now

• Supporters

Well a very special thank you knob head ! goes out to @FreeFrag.UK for starting his AUG thread just bought this !🤦‍♂️

https://gunfire.com/en/products/sw-020ta-carbine-replica-tan-1152219200.html

PS , thanks to @Iceni for the invaluable help guiding me through the mine field that is Chinese nock off’s ! Cheers bud 👍

EF5C66B9-7B44-46A8-AD20-39926D3864E9.jpeg

@Druid799

Well done :D

I know you like to run a gun without upgrades, but If you ever want advice on what to upgrade in it just tag me :D

Fire support have the king arms 110rnd mid cap boxes in stock. I think they work out at about £7.50 each.

Are you getting it Fetted at GFC, They install them for free when you buy a gun and fet together and add the relevant service option.

I'm also loving the fact it's a hybrid.

A1 para upper but with the commando lower rail. I'm expecting you to do a full review when you've had it a few weeks!

Shapeways do a conversion for that style of lower rail to reduce the rail length. It replaces the long rail with a more lightweight 3 slot design.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LU48DGXN6/aug-bottom-picatinny-rail-3-slots?optionId=65356676&li=marketplace

710x528_23413510_12868945_1526974106.jpg

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Iceni said:

@Druid799

Well done :D

I know you like to run a gun without upgrades, but If you ever want advice on what to upgrade in it just tag me :D

Fire support have the king arms 110rnd mid cap boxes in stock. I think they work out at about £7.50 each.

Are you getting it Fetted at GFC, They install them for free when you buy a gun and fet together and add the relevant service option.

I'm also loving the fact it's a hybrid.

A1 para upper but with the commando lower rail. I'm expecting you to do a full review when you've had it a few weeks!

Shapeways do a conversion for that style of lower rail to reduce the rail length. It replaces the long rail with a more lightweight 3 slot design.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/LU48DGXN6/aug-bottom-picatinny-rail-3-slots?optionId=65356676&li=marketplace

Well to honest mate after our little message chat my mind was made up , Cheers for all pointers my friend , will run it ‘as is’ to see how it pans out , mags I’m good (still got all the ones from my original JG👍) fett ? No not bothering I’m a single shot all the time player (can honestly count on one hand the amount of auto I’ve used in mths !) and I don’t really buy in to the whole ’faster trigger response’ gumph as far as I’m concerned the only fast response that has any effect on the game is from the player ! 

Yup soon as I saw it I did think “that’s one funky looking gun , I’m having it !” 

The rail ? I’m bit of a bodget and see what happens guy so not even having thought about it now you’ve shown me the ‘mini’ rail I shall make my own from the original !

A very big thank you for your sage advice , and if and when I do upgrade I shall most DEFINITELY be PM’ing you ! 😁

cheers bud . 

12 minutes ago, Swampysteve said:

AW Custom Glock 17. Laser cut hex slide and grip 😍 with three mags. Lovely bit of eye candy!

If that was the one on used airsoft I hate you. I messaged him and he asked whethrr I wanted it and said yes.  Didn't respond till 30 mins later then, said someones coming to collect it. 

10 minutes ago, Compulsive Reload said:

If that was the one on used airsoft I hate you. I messaged him and he asked whethrr I wanted it and said yes.  Didn't respond till 30 mins later then, said someones coming to collect it. 

Ah dude! Sorry (well I'm not really haha 😋 -sorry) Couldn't resist it, think it had been posted for like 2 mins when I messaged the guy yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Swampysteve said:

Ah dude! Sorry (well I'm not really haha 😋 -sorry) Couldn't resist it, think it had been posted for like 2 mins when I messaged the guy yesterday.

Haha fair enoof snooze you looze I guess! was a good deal that, planned on dual wielding 😢

Just now, Compulsive Reload said:

Haha fair enoof snooze you looze I guess! was a good deal that, planned on dual wielding 😢

Which would have been class!! But if you've got one already.....share the love 🤗. Will be staying stock, for now......

It's rare I post in this thread but given the encouragement from @Druid799 and with a lot of wisdom and advice from @Iceni I have ordered this little beauty:

ca008p_caug_a1.jpg

I also added in some mid-cap's, a three point sling, new hop rubber and tight bore inner barrel... just for good measure XD

You got exactly the right gun for the look you want. The JG would of done the job visually as well, but I think you made the right choice overall with the CA.

Same deal applies, any issues or you want advice just start up a thread and you can have what I know. I think you will find it a trouble free gun, and very comfortable.

One thing you might want is the modification to the safe bar for a single shot only position. It's a small mod that will add a 3rd position. Safe, Semi only, Semi + full auto.

Some sites will want to see some trigger control before they let you use it in semi only games without the mod. Having the mod done means it's impossible to go full auto in those games. And it costs nothing to make the modification. Just a couple of files and a sharp knife to remove a cube of plastic.