The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Had been looking at finishing up my fishy trio. Managed to pick up an Italian classic. The ARX 160. Really wanted it in Tan so had to plump for the cheaper sports line model. 

So that's the F2000 boat, XM8 Tactical Tuna and the ARX side of Salmon.

Snagged it for only 120 quid including shipping from Italy. 

Thinking of ordering the long barrel for it.

a4bcf8e29b75d462a26f112e29909d98.png

This is the Bravo4 recticule, as ever very difficult to photograph with a phone, but the recticlue is an upside down horseshoe, with a tiny red dot in the middle and the bullet drops are illuminated as well

DDD59340-4E2B-4FB2-BFED-3ADD86755FDE.thumb.png.831e406a30cd57280cc84f44f8d86f15.png

3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Had been looking at finishing up my fishy trio. Managed to pick up an Italian classic. The ARX 160. Really wanted it in Tan so had to plump for the cheaper sports line model. 

So that's the F2000 boat, XM8 Tactical Tuna and the ARX side of Salmon.

Snagged it for only 120 quid including shipping from Italy. 

Thinking of ordering the long barrel for it.

Be careful with the barrel disassembly!!

The hop chamber is weird and you risk snapping the feeding tube! Had it happen to a guy, he had to replace the whole lower receiver..

Which shop did you get it from?

3 hours ago, UKCYukarin said:

I'll try, should I just make a whole thread for it when it turns up with the parts with unboxing, teching e.t.c?

Yeah, that'd be nice!

KWC M92 Co2 pew pew.... 50% off @ JDAirsoft with their crimbo deals.

Always wanted a M9 and wanted to try a Co2 gun..seeing as my TM gas mags are a pain in the arse.  Looking forward to playing with it this sunday. :)  (Sadly it's not the full-auto version)

20181216_175802.jpg

12 hours ago, Skara said:

Be careful with the barrel disassembly!!

The hop chamber is weird and you risk snapping the feeding tube! Had it happen to a guy, he had to replace the whole lower receiver..

Which shop did you get it from?

I will take note of that! Its a somewhat awkward gun because of the proprietary hop unit, the extra long air nozzle and that the mags fall out when you adjust the hop unit! 

Should receive it after the new year. I picked it up for 105 euros at SoftAir Games. 

On 17/12/2018 at 02:35, Asomodai said:

I will take note of that! Its a somewhat awkward gun because of the proprietary hop unit, the extra long air nozzle and that the mags fall out when you adjust the hop unit! 

Should receive it after the new year. I picked it up for 105 euros at SoftAir Games. 

The usual San Marino shop.

They have their own laws and usually customer support from there is non existent.

I was tempted to order a few things from there, decided I'm gonna pay more but order from a decent Italian shop instead.

Bunch of assholes, they only care about the money and nothing else.

Btw just ordered a steel cylinder for my striker :) for €64.

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

The usual San Marino shop.

They have their own laws and usually customer support from there is non existent.

I was tempted to order a few things from there, decided I'm gonna pay more but order from a decent Italian shop instead.

Bunch of assholes, they only care about the money and nothing else.

Btw just ordered a steel cylinder for my striker :) for €64.

I couldn't be bothered to return it if it arrived faulty. It'll get gutted and upgraded before I play with it anyway .  ;) I should receive it on Thursday!

Did the cylinder get knackered?

12 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I couldn't be bothered to return it if it arrived faulty. It'll get gutted and upgraded before I play with it anyway .  ;) I should receive it on Thursday!

Did the cylinder get knackered?

500 rounds and it's already showing heavy wear..

Kinda disappointed as Ares could up the price of the base gun by €30 and use steel cylinders to begin with..

Bought a clone Trijicon SRS site from @rocketdogbert yesterday. (lovely bloke to deal with) 👍

Fitted it on my LVOA earlier and to say I'm over the moon with it, is an understatement! 

Can't wait to get out and zero it, and try it out in game! 

Excuse the crappy photos, but I'm in a rush on my lunch break... 

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

On 16/12/2018 at 18:09, Monkman said:

KWC M92 Co2 pew pew.... 50% off @ JDAirsoft with their crimbo deals.

Always wanted a M9 and wanted to try a Co2 gun..seeing as my TM gas mags are a pain in the arse.  Looking forward to playing with it this sunday. :)  (Sadly it's not the full-auto version)

20181216_175802.jpg

I got this little baby in the same sale, comrade.

IMG_20181218_174949984.jpg

5 hours ago, Slamz said:

Ah they've got AUG's on offer today, why have you done this to me!

Looks like I am buying an AUG, the A3 version.

1 hour ago, E21A said:

What cylinder did you get? 

The steel Ares one.. Hope it gets here before Sunday, so I can test it.

3 hours ago, E21A said:

The CPSB one? If so I might have a couple of questions for you. 

AR-CPSB-002-CLD

Dis one. Will collect it on Saturday afternoon, could've gone for the AA teflon coated one, but I couldn't justify the extra money..

Ask away, I'll see if I have any answer for you :)

The ARX160 has arrived. Seriously has the worst feeling ABS plastic (Similar to my TM Famas). Feels flimsy. But the plus side is that it is incredibly lightweight for the size which is more important to me. Everything else seems fairly solid. Decent high torque motor, good sounding gearbox, Hop unit seems flimsy but have worked out how to release the barrel and hop unit with just one external switch. 5 minute hop bucking change is pretty easy with this!

Haven't fired it beyond dry firing but seems fine otherwise!

Worth the 105 quid considering how unique it is. I just wish they did the Elite version in Tan! 

If you want the best rifle for your money and don't care about being unique, go for a JG G36. 

@Skara Edit: The Hi cap mag it came with broke within 2 shots. My ICS Hi cap then broke straight after, which was random, fixed it and all works fine now. It wont fit PTS style midcaps. Chronos at 318 with the hop on with a 6 +/- Variance and 328 with hop Off with 6+/- Variance. 

IMG_20181220_191900.jpg

Crye Precision Loft Jacket, found on eBay a couple of days ago.

Tagged and bagged, new.

£75.00.

*Yoink*

IMG_20181220_171918_627.jpg

IMG_20181220_171558.jpg

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

The ARX160 has arrived. Seriously has the worst feeling ABS plastic (Similar to my TM Famas). Feels flimsy. But the plus side is that it is incredibly lightweight for the size which is more important to me. Everything else seems fairly solid. Decent high torque motor, good sounding gearbox, Hop unit seems flimsy but have worked out how to release the barrel and hop unit with just one external switch. 5 minute hop bucking change is pretty easy with this!

Haven't fired it beyond dry firing but seems fine otherwise!

Worth the 105 quid considering how unique it is. I just wish they did the Elite version in Tan! 

If you want the best rifle for your money and don't care about being unique, go for a JG G36. 

@Skara Edit: The Hi cap mag it came with broke within 2 shots. My ICS Hi cap then broke straight after, which was random, fixed it and all works fine now. It wont fit PTS style midcaps. Chronos at 318 with the hop on with a 6 +/- Variance and 328 with hop Off with 6+/- Variance. 

There's a reason it's only £105 :P

As I said, the hop unit is dumb and you gotta be careful or you'll be ordering a whole new gun..

2 minutes ago, Skara said:

There's a reason it's only £105 :P

As I said, the hop unit is dumb and you gotta be careful or you'll be ordering a whole new gun..

I can bodge it if I accidently break the feed tube. I got a supplier for a spare hop unit if needs be as well! 

Purchased some more parts from Ehobbyasia. That sale is addictive!

Apple Airsoft ARX160 Air Nozzle

ARX160 Long style outer barrel

Guarder 6.02 407mm inner barrel (For ARX160)

Element Aimo MP5 RDS

2x APS Aug High caps

6x G&P 130 G36 Mid caps

UFC V3 metal bearing spring guide.

P90 extended butt plate.

Element aimo 2x42 scope for my DMR

6 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

From the good people at RoE in Hadleigh. I think I’m in love with long guns again ❤️❤️

070402B7-6CA1-4EED-A5EB-05D951C99D14.thumb.jpeg.04292900e9dea5248eaecd6edf50edfe.jpeg

You actually gonna keep this MWS variant?😂

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

You actually gonna keep this MWS variant?😂

Meh, who knows, I love it at the moment though, got a few plans for it, scopes and stocks etc