The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Dear lord, and y'all thought a Desert Eagle was huge before.

That things insane and yet awesome in one

8 hours ago, MasterGouken said:

New wood grips, mag bumpers and nineball inlet valves for this daft thing.

Maybe I should get @GearTech to give it a cool paint job?

20181123_201723.jpg

20181123_201734.jpg

4 hours ago, XanderShadow said:

Dear lord, and y'all thought a Desert Eagle was huge before.

That things insane and yet awesome in one

Yup and as it's all metal it weights 2 kilos, hardly practical but it's great fun :)

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

These look to me as if they should be owned by a poacher or some well dodgy mafia hitman ! 😱

Really is a marmite gun BUT as long as your happy bud that’s all that matters .👍

As we all know “opinions are like arse holes , everyone has one and quite frankly I’m not interested in most !” 😂😂😂😂

It doesn't look right because of the short barrel :P but somehow I like it, it's short enough for me to be strapped to a backpack and not get stuck in branches/bushes :)

8 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Now that is lovely. If it wasn't for the Silverback existing this would be my choice for a sniper rifle. 

Still have to see someone here in Italy with that gun. Due to our 1J limit I say the best you can get is still the TM VSR..

The only gripe I have with the Ares is the lack of a follower in the magazine.. You load 20 bbs and fire only 16, cuz the last 4 won't make their way into the hop chamber.. Pretty bad design flaw imo. Will mod the mag to accept a follower when I have time.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

It doesn't look right because of the short barrel :P but somehow I like it, it's short enough for me to be strapped to a backpack and not get stuck in branches/bushes :)

Good thinking Batman ! I’ve seen a couple at my two home sites and to be honest when you see a guy wearing a full gillie suit and carrying one of these has to be said he looks like a bit of a tool ! 🤣 but yea I like your idea would be perfect to strap on your back for those “ if only I had my sniper with me !” Shots .👍

Just came across this on eBay and had to order it. Looks like finally a decent holder for .209 primers, been using a small plastic bag up in a pouch on my rig until this point so looking forward to getting it.

Edit: Silly me for of course not adding a link... for anyone else interested:     https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/209-Roto-Loader-Airsoft-Blank-Firing-Grenade-Primer-Holder/223221505898?hash=item33f909df6a:m:mff478QwMrEqo4JB5CGzDcA:rk:3:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

18 hours ago, Skara said:

Bought but not bought.

Ares AS02 in FDE.

Gave the shop a deposit as my roommate hasn't paid the rent yet (as always)..

Will collect it in a week or two, hopefully :)

Whats the range like? looking to stock the Ares sniper range but not sure on performance out of the box!

4 minutes ago, CES_williamson said:

Whats the range like? looking to stock the Ares sniper range but not sure on performance out of the box!

Will tell you once I actually get it :P

mine is just a feather under 1J so I expect it to reach 50m with some heavy BBs, but as I said, I need to get me dirty hands on it and have a go at my "homemade" range (roof in front of my window, 40m dead on)

On 24/11/2018 at 09:34, MasterGouken said:

Yup and as it's all metal it weights 2 kilos, hardly practical but it's great fun :)

Hah xD my Mac11 is like that. utterly silly, but so much fun to brrap a full 45rnd mag in under two seconds. People certainly call those hits xD

Was at a skirmish today, showed my battlebuddy a JG MP5J for sale. He loved it and bought it. Then and there. So I bought its SD brother 😄 bbargain for £100. Pretty surprised how well it performs! 

IMG_20181125_175641.jpg

Ordered the Earmor head set + earmor PTT and helmet mounts from patrol base after having issues with the Ztactical Ptt connector not fitting both my baofangs I'm hoping earmor is better quality connector 

Earmor are pretty good...I have both normal & helmet mounted sets.  Quality is ok and have lasted  me over a year with constant abuse... and the fact you can swap the boom mic from either side is a plus.  I had to modify the PTT kenwood connector slightly as when connected the Baofeng sometimes the transmit doesn't work. (Shaved a little of the plastic/rubber on one side at the base of the kenwood metal bits..this allows it to seat better when attached to the radio.)

On 24/11/2018 at 15:36, Swagrid said:

Just came across this on eBay and had to order it. Looks like finally a decent holder for .209 primers, been using a small plastic bag up in a pouch on my rig until this point so looking forward to getting it.

s-l1600.jpg

Posts something useful for first post - neglects to post the link for it.... :P Would you oblige us please?

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Posts something useful for first post - neglects to post the link for it.... :P Would you oblige us please?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/209-Roto-Loader-Airsoft-Blank-Firing-Grenade-Primer-Holder-/223195660790

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Thanks, I wasn't being lazy - on works PC atm and no ebay access.

On 25/11/2018 at 18:22, Asomodai said:

Was at a skirmish today, showed my battlebuddy a JG MP5J for sale. He loved it and bought it. Then and there. So I bought its SD brother 😄 bbargain for £100. Pretty surprised how well it performs! 

IMG_20181125_175641.jpg

I am really tempted to get one of these and try and make a super silent build.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Go for an AUG or a P90 then. It's not the sound leaving the barrel that is hard to suppress, but the gearbox and motor. The 2 I mentioned have a lot of space around it, so you can pad it with foam, etc. An AUG with a huge ass suppressor looks cool I think, so you can have the appearance too.

d47f5d79a8f83d59a724625b8a35d0ba.jpg

Just purchased a TM P90 TR for £160 with 7 mags, laser, sling, suppressor + flash hider, battery and Predator style front rail. My second ever gun! I was looking for a gas MP7 but boy they are hard to find.

21 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

As Samurai said get an AUG.. I found they're the best in muffling the gearbox noise (the box sits between your arm and body and there's a lot of empty space between the box and the body that you can fill with foam)..

As an alternative, using the mp5 body, you can HPA it and make it deadly quiet, along with a decent suppressor..

26 minutes ago, Cleggy said:

Just purchased a TM P90 TR for £160 with 7 mags, laser, sling, suppressor + flash hider, battery and Predator style front rail. My second ever gun! I was looking for a gas MP7 but boy they are hard to find.

FIre Support have them they just don't advertise them on their website cos of copyright issues.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Skara said:

As an alternative, using the mp5 body, you can HPA it and make it deadly quiet, along with a decent suppressor..

this, a nicely tuned polarstar can rival a mk23 for utter silence.

4 hours ago, Game Cam said:

My issue is trying to sort out an effective rail system and sort out a tracer that will fit. I think I have found an adapter for a tracer unit, though it's clockwise. 

The Mp5SD is a nightmare of compatibility. 

• Supporters

Ka-Bar 1217 , the original 1942 model that started the whole combat/utility knife thing !

and like the old saying goes , yes you most definitely get what you pay for! 

DCBC2465-433F-4118-BF08-797BFCFAAE18.jpeg

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Ka-Bar 1217 , the original 1942 model that started the whole combat/utility knife thing !

and like the old saying goes , yes you most definitely get what you pay for! 

Although I'm not a fan of that type of knife (4" scandi ftw) it looks great!