The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Sorry about the questions. Did you replace the O-Ring or the entire piston? Luckily I picked up the SHS nozzle myself. Do you recommend a particular motor? Cheers for the advice!

No worries it's fun to chat about. I only replaced the O-ring. As for the motor, the reason I know the SHS high torque one doesn't fit quite right is because I bought it and it doesn't fit quite right! It cost £30 so I put up with it being a fraction of a millimetre too high, it doesn't seem to adversely affect anything but my OCD. If you want to know anything else feel free to PM me!

1 hour ago, Lollingsgrad said:

No worries it's fun to chat about. I only replaced the O-ring. As for the motor, the reason I know the SHS high torque one doesn't fit quite right is because I bought it and it doesn't fit quite right! It cost £30 so I put up with it being a fraction of a millimetre too high, it doesn't seem to adversely affect anything but my OCD. If you want to know anything else feel free to PM me!

Cheers for letting me know. I might just go with a new piston assembly but we'll see how good the compression is out of the box. I'll take this discussion to its own thread. 

A year ago I bought a new Swiss Arms F2000 harness, which turned out to be a P90 one. At least I have a use for it now! 

Yesterday I bought me a VFC Avalon Calibur carbine. Basically a blingy HK416A5, but available where the former is not and a bit cheaper as well, has almost fully ambi controls. In a sort of Cerkote-ish mettallic FDE and Olive Drab with black furniture, have to admit it's rather nice, albeit a tad flash.

I did mean to stand out from the crowd and get an AEG bullpup that could use Stanag/M4 type mags but none quite fitted the bill. Then I picked up the Avalon, remembered why I like 416s and had a moment of deja vu for my crappy SRC416 - first airsoft gun. The AR format is just so ergonomic damnit and this is just about the highest state of it's evolution so far.

Feels quality, seems to be a pretty straight shooter with .28s out to about 50 yards-ish but I've only had the chance to put a couple of mags (Hi-Caps) through it thus far, but it feels good in the hands and is much quieter than my screechy, upgraded G&G Sig 552 and more ergonomic too despite being longer.

Controls are very nice, feel good with a nice precision feel, with the exception of the RH fire selector which is a tiny bit loose. The enlarged trigger guard incorporates ambidextrous trigger finger rests, which sounds like a gimmick but is surprisingly useful.

I'm used to the AR ergonomics from my KWA/PTS Mega, the Avalon is the same length, so it's just a matter of getting AFG and scope over - I think I'll buy new furniture especially for it, maybe a Magpul stock: Not sure about the QRS that it comes with, loads of battery space but still had to buy a "nunchuck" to go in it is as my lipo didn't fit. Rather loose fitting and a bit rattly, it might yet be okay, it's just I've got a Magpul on the Mega and have just got used to that solid feel and that planted feeling of the rubber butt pad on my shoulder.

So, despite the it's twice what I intended to spend and very much not a bullpup I am still very stoked.

@AK47frizzle

I don't like to say I told you so... but :D

There good scopes, Absolutely excellent for the money. You made a good choice. And with it been 2-7 rather than 3-9 you should find the range on it suits a lot more rifles than just the sniper.

@Defender90 I just placed an order for the Umarex HK416 A5 in RAL8000. I had considered the TM Delta Custom but couldn't justify the additional upgrade expense to get it where I'd like it. Picking it up on Thursday and have a HAO industries Geiselle rail currently stuck at customs! The last major purchases (I hope!) before Christmas!

11 minutes ago, apexpredator said:

@Defender90 I just placed an order for the Umarex HK416 A5 in RAL8000. I had considered the TM Delta Custom but couldn't justify the additional upgrade expense to get it where I'd like it. Picking it up on Thursday and have a HAO industries Geiselle rail currently stuck at customs! The last major purchases (I hope!) before Christmas!

I think this is the same internals, I did indeed want the 416A5: officially licensed by H&K, fully ambi with little guard thingies around the controls*, improved magwell. It seems like H&K on top of their game putting 50 years worth of observation on the AR platform to good effect. Then I saw this and realised it was essentially the same thing but a bit cheaper and it's close enough, it's the older 416 externals improved with larger trigger guard and left handed mag release basically. If the internals are the same they seem damn good, almost silent gearbox, mosfet, very consistent shooter (with only 5% flyers of the bio .28s), once the hop is worn in a bit I hope to be doing 60 yards.

And it comes in pretty colours and has a trigger shaped like a lightning bolt. So there's that.

*Obviously H&K learnt something from their reboot of the L85.

• Supporters

I could be reading something wrong here, but if folks are comparing the VFC ('Umarex') and TM 416s I'd say that's a real apples vs oranges.  The VFC is much more your standard AEG inside with somewhat higher quality externals by comparison, but realistically you're not going to ever get it to have the bolt lock/release, moving bolt and recoil simulation that the TM has out of the box.

I do wish TM did make slightly beefier and more realistic outsides with the stock muzzle energy VFC tends to provide, no doubt there and I'm sure lots of people feel the same, but equally the energy put out by the TM is plenty good enough given their hop units and having owned a few NGRS guns for some years now I've grown to really love the empty mag feature.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, apexpredator said:

I had considered the TM Delta Custom but couldn't justify the additional upgrade expense to get it where I'd like it. 

Simple question bud apart from the battery mod what do you think is needed to be done to the TM ?

• Supporters

Not anything all that special but I bought a big ol' USA flag in multicam. Got a nice Union Jack one on the way too along with a few bits and pieces for the M4. 

2018-11-08_02.09.21.jpg

2018-11-08_16_13_39.thumb.jpg.d7bbf99752ff5b01844563a96b099cc8.jpg

21 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I could be reading something wrong here, but if folks are comparing the VFC ('Umarex') and TM 416s I'd say that's a real apples vs oranges.  The VFC is much more your standard AEG inside with somewhat higher quality externals by comparison, but realistically you're not going to ever get it to have the bolt lock/release, moving bolt and recoil simulation that the TM has out of the box.

I do wish TM did make slightly beefier and more realistic outsides with the stock muzzle energy VFC tends to provide, no doubt there and I'm sure lots of people feel the same, but equally the energy put out by the TM is plenty good enough given their hop units and having owned a few NGRS guns for some years now I've grown to really love the empty mag feature.

I hear you, quality externals with junk inside seems to be an airsoft bugbear. But Combat UK reckoned it was effectively a pre upgraded gun, as compared to cheaper VFC ARs that I was also perusing. 

I certainly thought about TM but, from what I've heard, these latest VFC internals seem pretty good quality and H&K (via Umarex) trust them to make the officially licensed model (which I reckon is pretty much what I've just bought only without the "trades" or the very latest externals) and am a bit dubious about recoil on an AEG (and I have a GBBR AR for that).

Also... well, I don't want to start a fight or anything, but... is TM really all that?

I've had a couple of TMs and, while fairly consistent, they didn't shoot that much better and range was average. Reece at Airsoft Monkey did a number on my G&G Sig552 and it seems to now outrange any TM. 

No doubt TM's are up there in the airsoft top 5 but I suspect that there are other firms up there too.

22 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I agree that it isn't a direct comparison. I've had the opportunity to use the TM and I did love some the unique features BUT, are they worth an additional £130 over the VFC? Then taking into consideration that none of my existing mags will work with the TM, another additional cost. Add in the LiPo conversion (which would invalidate manufacturer warranty from TM?) and in my own opinion, the balance started to tip towards the VFC.

The TM does out range most standard AEG's but my VFC isn't likely to remain standard for long. With an r-hop installed and a new barrel, its entirely likely the VFC will shoot just as good if not better than the TM.

The TM still remains on my wishlist, one day i will bite the bullet and get into it, but for now, The VFC will do just fine. The gun will remain stock apart from the R-hop and barrel upgrade and when it does come time to look at upgrading it, I can be fairly confident of being able to do most of the work myself, something I wouldn't entertain doing with the TM.

22 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Simple question bud apart from the battery mod what do you think is needed to be done to the TM ?

Nothing needs to be done to it, I'm just an eternal tinckerer! 

Some people like to leave them alone and enjoy it as the factory intended and some others prefer to see how far they can push the platform with a KoA £1,100 longsword package. My G&P based M4 is upgrade to the nth degree and the upgrades cost me less than half of that longsword package with someone else doing the work for me. One day I'll get the TM but for now, I'll see how the VFC performs.

On 31/10/2018 at 14:27, Druid799 said:

I like coming home to parcels ! 😆

one sparky new SRS 1x38 Reflex Sight .

im a happy pagan ! 

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from ShootersCB! 

How are you finding it so far in terms of build quality, clarity etc? What brand of replica is it? 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, apexpredator said:

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from ShootersCB! 

How are you finding it so far in terms of build quality, clarity etc? What brand of replica is it? 

Haven’t fielded it yet , but first impressions are very good . The build quality appears top notch ‘feels’ good and solid , optics lovly and clear (even with the kill flash fitted) and it’s a really nice sharp red dot to it as well .👍

this is the one I bought , took a day over a wk to arrive .

https://www.ebairsoft.com/fedom-style-1x38-with-cover-p-11399.html

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Haven’t fielded it yet , but first impressions are very good . The build quality appears top notch ‘feels’ good and solid , optics lovly and clear (even with the kill flash fitted) and it’s a really nice sharp red dot to it as well .👍

Well here is hoping Aim-o get theirs from the same factory! 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Had the same one, clarity was good and the dot stayed near enough true which is good enough for me on a rif.

Purchases for me...

Second hand Mayflower UW Gen 4 (pic below)

New Arcteryx jacket and pants

Esstac kydex inserts

More magpul sights

PTS ranger plates

44982892_10214568686985142_5783090936267407360_n.jpg.13967ec44f52e0cf2d0f96d431fa7fd6.jpg

Completely changed the looks of my honey badger..

I wanted a lighter front end, the stock one is just a chunk of metal and is extremely heavy..

Got an Ares 10" keymod rail, a suppressor and a custom made outer barrel so that the inner barrel sits perfectly flush with the suppressor cap :)

also got a nice 7.4v LiPo for my other gun, so now both have 7.4v AND 11.1v batteries.. (I know, completely unnecessary, I just like the option to choose the battery according to the game/event I'm going to)

IMG-20181109-WA0000.jpg

Just got my first ever AEG going to my 4th game tomorrow with it whats best battery that will fit in the stock tm scar l using a 7.4 1300 lipo at the min

IMG_20181107_230400_835.jpg

2 minutes ago, Biggee83 said:

whats best battery that will fit in the stock tm scar l using a 7.4 1300 lipo at the min

The one you're using at the moment :)

wouldn't use anything more than 7.4v in a TM without redoing the internals..

6 minutes ago, Skara said:

The one you're using at the moment :)

wouldn't use anything more than 7.4v in a TM without redoing the internals..

Ok cheers i only have the one so far i hardly use full auto would this last me most of the day till i can get new one 

It's hard to say, depends massively on how much shooting you do!

Full auto actually uses less battery power to by the way ;)

Most sites have on site charging or at least a power source, you could always top yours up at lunch if you've been heavy on the trigger!

Doesn't hurt to carry a second battery regardless.

7 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

It's hard to say, depends massively on how much shooting you do!

Full auto actually uses less battery power to by the way ;)

Most sites have on site charging or at least a power source, you could always top yours up at lunch if you've been heavy on the trigger!

Doesn't hurt to carry a second battery regardless.

Ok cheer mate i only have one battery i can borrow one if i need to i just womt be able to get any more by tomorrow so its all good thanks for the advice give me a reason to use full auto more haha 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Biggee83 said:

Just got my first ever AEG going to my 4th game tomorrow with it whats best battery that will fit in the stock tm scar l using a 7.4 1300 lipo at the min

IMG_20181107_230400_835.jpg

I have a rhino 1750mah Lipo for mine, it is the exact size of the battery compartment and I have never used more than 1 a day. I don’t auto much. If at all.