The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

16 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

New Glock, dirt cheap Umarex G17

ac3UpWd.jpg

Pretty gun, terrible hop & mags

Fortunately, TM & WE Mags fit and work perfectly, Maple Leaf TM barrel and hop units fit and work perfectly.

Practical Pistol on Tuesday, it could be my new favourite hand-gun 😎

rdb

Keep an eye out one and all!
It'll be in the classifieds in under a fortnight 😉 

And here's some fresh heresy I have incoming:

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 13.35.35.png

Ordered a new hop up rubber and barrel for my P226.

Would have liked a better hop unit to go with it but it seems to be slim pickings.

TM Hi-Capa 5.1, another mag, a holster and some pistol mag pouches.

My first sidearm. Have had my eye on one for ages...but after a lad on Saturday let me fire his mid-game, the timescale got moved forward a bit haha.

Any advice on best gas to use? Haven’t owned a GBB before. 

52 minutes ago, Nodnol said:

TM Hi-Capa 5.1, another mag, a holster and some pistol mag pouches.

My first sidearm. Have had my eye on one for ages...but after a lad on Saturday let me fire his mid-game, the timescale got moved forward a bit haha.

Any advice on best gas to use? Haven’t owned a GBB before. 

Abbey predator gun gas 144a. White bottle with a big green label on it. 

On 15/09/2018 at 12:44, Druid799 said:

Didn’t really think you would (well hoped you wouldn’t! 😂) mite be worth getting some thick foam , cutting it to the shape of your pack then cutting spaces in it for your guns and mags ?  

That's a good idea and it would look great as well.

Thanks.

On 16/09/2018 at 00:10, Albiscuit said:

All I see is those wires, for the love of god buy some trunking :D 

you sound like the mrs lol i never got round to doing it after i redecorated, used to have black trunking and it made the tv and sound bar look like a robot stick man 😂

Ordered an additional three KWA PTS Tavor mags for the Gas Tavor and a 8Fields Rifleman vest to carry all 8. at 750grams each it will be a heavy as rig! 

• Supporters
On 15/09/2018 at 13:37, sonofsammo said:

Keep an eye out one and all!
It'll be in the classifieds in under a fortnight 😉 

And here's some fresh heresy I have incoming:

Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 13.35.35.png

There had better be sufficient wood to account for this crime sir, if i see a plastic handguard.....

Another pair of FMA fan goggles.

Another 5 of the 8fields extended pistol mag pouches.

Full range of Abbey maintenance products.

X3200 MK3 chronograph.

UKARA number should be here very soon and then I can add:

Hi-capa gold match.

Lots of gas.

Speedloaders.

• Supporters

A couple of mtrs of webbing and a load of these ROC-40 rapid open connectors to convert the shoulder straps on some of my PC’s to quick drop ones .

DE0E24CA-1B1B-4016-BB49-78F6806C6494.jpeg

1 hour ago, Huxley said:

Let us know if the goggles are any good.

I already have a pair and yes, I like them.

Nice FOV and the fan does its job.

I removed the foam on the top and bottom of the frame for added ventilation and with the fan running on some Torchy batteries you can really feel the air rushing past your skin.

Combined with a little application of dishsoap to the inside of the lens and I run fog free... And im one sweaty jock I can tell ya so that's a tall order to stay fog free.

I bought the 2nd pair so that 

A) I have backups in case of breakage.

B) I can let one pair dry off while im using the other and alternate every change of game objective.

As much as they don't fog, moisture still builds on the inside  but I can live with that for a few minutes until the current game ends and then switch them out and go again.

1 hour ago, Huxley said:

Idea that's good to know, didn't want to shell out for ess turbofan or dye i4 just yet.

Just need to find a pair with yellow lenses.

Got my eye on some russian motorcycle goggles, metal framed they look really smart so I'll give those a go first.

The ones I got don't come with yellow lenses... Only clear and smoked.

• Supporters

My son has a set of the FMA ones as well (and he thinks there great) but his only came with a clear and smoke lense .

• Moderators
On 18/09/2018 at 13:31, E21A said:

Bargain warrior pistol mag pouches from uktactical. £4 on sale in ATAC AU

4 more of these as cant be 'assed' to swap them around gear, plus a small utility pouch for belt to keep items in when going low pro

13 hours ago, Seven said:

Another pair of FMA fan goggles.

11 hours ago, Huxley said:

Let us know if the goggles are any good.

10 hours ago, Seven said:

I already have a pair and yes, I like them.

Nice FOV and the fan does its job.

I removed the foam on the top and bottom of the frame for added ventilation and with the fan running on some Torchy batteries you can really feel the air rushing past your skin.

Combined with a little application of dishsoap to the inside of the lens and I run fog free... And im one sweaty jock I can tell ya so that's a tall order to stay fog free.

As much as they don't fog, moisture still builds on the inside  but I can live with that for a few minutes until the current game ends and then switch them out and go again.

i have a pair as ive mentioned before, with fan on the top, but im just wary of the lens thickness compared to my Revision fan goggles.

Have you tested an lens yet? (i cant remember now), or have they been shot in games at as the videos on youtube and Airsoftpeak didn't fill me with confidence but as you have them, you could give a more honest one ;) 

tbh my fan googles react the same, use various antifog stuff (rev wipes, Abbey spray, Fogtech) and i get very little fogging, even with fan off but some 'moisture' to the sides and on the frame

18 minutes ago, djben9 said:

Have you tested an lens yet? (i cant remember now), or have they been shot in games at as the videos on youtube and Airsoftpeak didnt fill me with confidence but as you have them, you could give a more honest one ;) 

Yeah I've been shot multiple times on them and not so much as a scratch on the lens. Nothing at point blank though.

The retailer states they tested the goggles themselves at point blank range with multiple shots in the same spot and they didn't shatter or crack but faith is an issue here when they just want to shift units.

@Rogerborg uses them too and im sure he can/will vouch for the lens durability also.

Quote from the retailer website:

Inludes 2 polycarbonate lenses (clear, tinted) with a thickness of 2.4 mm, which provide protection while having fun.

NOTE! We tested these goggles by shooting them at close range (0-1cm) with our KOER SVD Style rifle at 550fps, with 0.20g BBs and did not break or no cracks (only minor dents.) only a minor dents.

• Supporters

My sons FMA’s are 18mths old now he wears them exclusively (over his glasses) we play at least once a mth so he must have had multiple hits on them by now (he’s not a’hanger back’ always up front pushing forward) and there’s no visible marks on the lenses , and I do check all our eye pro regularly .

so I’m pretty confident his are good ones , but one does never know with QC in these factories so when you come down to it you have to make an educated guess ?

I have the FMA fan goggles, used in at least ten skirmishes, I seem to attract head shots on full auto.  Only marks -slight indent when I tested at 350 at point blank range. 

I would say the lenses are softer than some of my other eyepro, so less likely to shatter?.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Druid799 said:

A couple of mtrs of webbing and a load of these ROC-40 rapid open connectors to convert the shoulder straps on some of my PC’s to quick drop ones .

DE0E24CA-1B1B-4016-BB49-78F6806C6494.jpeg

Where are they from? 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Where are they from? 

Contact left , they have them in tan/green and black .👍