The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

8 minutes ago, Solly4568 said:

a big as extended mag for my G17 (now looks sick) I managed to resist the drum mag. I am also looking at this. I know that i don't need it but i sure as hell want it 

😊

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Archives-Custom-Slide-S-Type-for-Marui-WE-G17-Airsoft-GBB-Gold-Barrel/113131320599?epid=1639846725&hash=item1a5726f517:g:pXEAAOSwIBJabEEW

Think that's just a wet series slide, a full wet series g17 went for £60 recently. 

Bought a "DELTA Ring tool"...........didn't last long!  & A replacement barrel for my ICS CXP CQB HOG (As I stripped the muzzle threads)

Well..decided to take off the Delta Ring from my M4 today, so broke out the tool I bought from Fire-support. (Am thinking of putting a Mk18 rail system on it, but want to take apart the front end of the M4A1 today to see how it came apart)

Long story short, the "Airsoft Pro M4 Delta Ring Tool (Steel)" is really made of 'cheese'...It bent without hardly any pressure.  After looking at it and holding it, I can bend it with one hand!!!  The "Steel" is of very low quality and made of soft steel.

If buy tools, don't buy this product... My fault, I should've spent more money on a decent one, but thought for airsoft, it would be ok...but no!

Have contacted Fire-Support telling them that product is crap!

20180815_190345.jpg

20180815_190354.jpg

20180815_193158.jpg

• Supporters

What you're trying to remove is the barrel nut, the delta ring is just a stepped sleeve around the barrel nut that is mostly only found on older style guns (usually fitted with plastic handguards) and it doesn't hold the barrel on - almost as common a myth as the ukara license.  Barrel nuts are often torqued on crazy tight in airsoft, frequently tighter than is needed even on a real AR-15, then they even glue the buggers on sometimes.  Also there's occasionally weird ways the nut might be locked on, grub screws, or it could even be fake in some rare cases and the barrel held on in some strange way, that's the nature of airsoft.

Speaking generally:  Depending on brand, a strong vice, heat gun and (as demonstrated) a really sturdy barrel nut spanner are very much advised.  Tools are nearly as good of an investment as eye pro when it comes to putting money in to stuff you can use your entire life.

18 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

What you're trying to remove is the barrel nut, the delta ring is just a stepped sleeve around the barrel nut that is mostly only found on older style guns (usually fitted with plastic handguards) and it doesn't hold the barrel on - almost as common a myth as the ukara license.  Barrel nuts are often torqued on crazy tight in airsoft, frequently tighter than is needed even on a real AR-15, then they even glue the buggers on sometimes.  Also there's occasionally weird ways the nut might be locked on, grub screws, or it could even be fake in some rare cases and the barrel held on in some strange way, that's the nature of airsoft.

Depending on brand, a strong vice, heat gun and (as demonstrated) a really sturdy barrel nut spanner are very much advised.  Tools are nearly as good of an investment as eye pro when it comes to putting money in to stuff you can use your entire life.

I have another tool which allows me to remove the muzzle break & tighten the castle nut on the Buffer tube...I noticed it also as doubles as a tool to remove the nut under the delta ring. (Noticed it only after I was looking in my tool box for other options to remove the nut after I bent the 'cheese' tool)

The nut came off pretty easy with my other tool, require a bit of force...but was fine!  That shitty tool I bought, no word of a lie..I can bend it with my fingers when holding it in one hand!!!

Laylax Prometheus blue flat hop bucking with the Laylax Prometheus flat tensioner nubs. 

Also another Alice usgi magazine pouch to go with my tears of the sun look. Needed more mag carrying capacity without breaking the look too much 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
5 minutes ago, ghostwalker said:

Laylax Prometheus blue flat hop bucking

I had terrible results with this.

It might have just been my gun, but I binned mine.

...or I might have given it to MarcRG1. Can't remember now.

But anyway, obviously, I hope you get good results from it, but I hated mine.

On 11/08/2018 at 20:35, Lokai said:

Yep, that's why I bought it , plenty of space -

IMG_20180811_145120.jpg

20171229_163955.thumb.jpg.9453d4730917b123047a807344bb34a6.jpg

Good choice dude! Glad to see I am not the only one who has one around here.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

Tools are nearly as good of an investment as eye pro when it comes to putting money in to stuff you can use your entire life.

qft

i fine it amazing when working on mates guns using their tools and i'm sitting thinking "how did you even dissassemble this!? you know there are different sizes of screwdrivers right!? and how did you not round these bolts using those alan keys!?"

16 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

I had terrible results with this.

It might have just been my gun, but I binned mine.

...or I might have given it to MarcRG1. Can't remember now.

But anyway, obviously, I hope you get good results from it, but I hated mine.

I hope so. The rubber on my kwa erg is in poor shape even though it’s still doing its job really well. It’s just causing some feeding issues from wear and tear. But I can’t find a like for like replacement anywhere. It’s some sort of ‘fang toothed’ mound. But the rubber itself is blue. 

Busy 24 hours. 

G&G Raider 2.0 (my first AEG/RIF)

PTS EPM Mid Cap

PTS EPF Grip

UTG 4.2” Red Dot

Sight Protector

Deans Connectors

Feel like a kid at Christmas. 

• Supporters

New rig , love multicam but the worlds drowning under MTP and most can’t tell the difference so decided to move in to multicam tropic as you don’t see much about . 

Already had the shirt , trousers and hat , had been running an OD rig with it but wanted an MT rig and now I have one !

For £50 and some change bought from TG a simple plate carrier/triple shingle/triple flapped pouches/radio pouch/large utility pouch/small utility/assault panel/1lt bottle pouch and a double elastic mag pouch(to be used as a grenade carrier) .but it hasn’t stopped there being a bit OCD about my kit I had to re-design some of them more to my liking . What have I changed ? Well the water bottle pouch I’ve ripped all the thermal lining out cut a slot in the top with an elastic panel over it to make a dump pouch , the radio pouch I got rid of the huge Velcro retention panel on the front and made a much smaller one and shortened the retention shock cord , the large utility I stripped the back panel off swapped it for plain green cordura and made it belt mountable , used the material from the back panel to make shoulder pads for the rig , put two quick release buckles on the front instead of the Velcro straps , cut slots in the plain back panel of the rig so I can mount the assault panel too it and finally I’ve swapped two of the mag pouches on the back to a single utility as well !  

C8FF5BA7-C58D-421E-8978-4B0786A6A162.jpeg

BF6BD557-413C-4FB9-85CF-26268615D401.jpeg

7 hours ago, Druid799 said:

New rig , love multicam but the worlds drowning under MTP and most can’t tell the difference so decided to move in to multicam tropic as you don’t see much about . 

Already had the shirt , trousers and hat , had been running an OD rig with it but wanted an MT rig and now I have one !

For £50 and some change bought from TG a simple plate carrier/triple shingle/triple flapped pouches/radio pouch/large utility pouch/small utility/assault panel/1lt bottle pouch and a double elastic mag pouch(to be used as a grenade carrier) .but it hasn’t stopped there being a bit OCD about my kit I had to re-design some of them more to my liking . What have I changed ? Well the water bottle pouch I’ve ripped all the thermal lining out cut a slot in the top with an elastic panel over it to make a dump pouch , the radio pouch I got rid of the huge Velcro retention panel on the front and made a much smaller one and shortened the retention shock cord , the large utility I stripped the back panel off swapped it for plain green cordura and made it belt mountable , used the material from the back panel to make shoulder pads for the rig , put two quick release buckles on the front instead of the Velcro straps , cut slots in the plain back panel of the rig so I can mount the assault panel too it and finally I’ve swapped two of the mag pouches on the back to a single utility as well !  

C8FF5BA7-C58D-421E-8978-4B0786A6A162.jpeg

BF6BD557-413C-4FB9-85CF-26268615D401.jpeg

Thats some good work right there!

52 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Just bought my BBs for the next 365 days.

12 bottles of ASG 0.2gs

12 bottles of ASG 0.25gs

And 

They sent me 24 bottles of .25s

Happy with that result 😁

IMG_20180816_182644578_HDR.jpg

Wheres cheapest to buy these in bulk?

• Supporters
2 hours ago, ProPain87 said:

Newbie 😁

BE6199B5-3051-46AD-BCC5-D10E8D47395A.jpeg

Do like the look of that barrel ! V nice indeed 👍