The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

13 minutes ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Its those little touches isnt it? I bought a part from G&G and they sent me a patch. Just thought itd be the norm for them to advertise. No big deal. 

Patches are advertising at the end of the day. If you buy "things" from somewhere, thy give you the patch in the hope you wear it, and provide free advertising for them. 

Guns generally have a stamp, engravings, marks on them that act as advertising, so a patch is not required for the company to gain good advertising from you. 

9 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Tokyo Marui should be giving me a patch too, I am a fanboy after all.  However, I would have no room for them anyway with all the AFUK patches over my kit :)

Im going to be getting one after my trip to Hungary. 

I have only been involved in airsoft for the last 7 weeks. Buying my first gun( ASG Armalite M15) /camo/rig out and loving every minute of it.

Of course when the Mrs says "you work hard for your money, spend it" I over react and go a bit OTT.

As said in a previous post, before i had even played this sport I have spent in upward of £600. For someone who hasn't played before and heard the usual "rent first see if you like it" which was excellent advice, which I pretty much ignored and went balls deep in airsoft gear.

I played my first game with 2 mates on Sunday there at Section8 in Glasgow/Shotts and was absolutely blown away with how good this sport is, though fuming at myself as I have never came across this earlier in life (31 now).

I was defending a base called canadia with my mates and another teammate who was close by. Loving life firing my m15 armalite which i had spray painted camo to my liking and heard this random teammate fire his weapon to which i shout " f@*k me, what is that?" He replies tokyo marry aug. I hear him all game and my mates are like holy shit listen to that.

I literally come home and pull the trigger (pun intended) on this from zeroone and will be delivered tomorrow. I also have just bought a WE m1911 from them also and loved it in my first game.

TL;DR

I JUST BOUGHT A FKING TM AUG HIGH CYCLE PURELY DUE TO THE ACOUSTICS AND FIRE RATE!

Granted it is ugly and folk don't like bullpups, but that gun sounds obnoxiously aggressive and i had to get it.

Liam

8 minutes ago, Hilldo87 said:

I have only been involved in airsoft for the last 7 weeks. Buying my first gun( ASG Armalite M15) /camo/rig out and loving every minute of it.

Of course when the Mrs says "you work hard for your money, spend it" I over react and go a bit OTT.

As said in a previous post, before i had even played this sport I have spent in upward of £600. For someone who hasn't played before and heard the usual "rent first see if you like it" which was excellent advice, which I pretty much ignored and went balls deep in airsoft gear.

I played my first game with 2 mates on Sunday there at Section8 in Glasgow/Shotts and was absolutely blown away with how good this sport is, though fuming at myself as I have never came across this earlier in life (31 now).

I was defending a base called canadia with my mates and another teammate who was close by. Loving life firing my m15 armalite which i had spray painted camo to my liking and heard this random teammate fire his weapon to which i shout " f@*k me, what is that?" He replies tokyo marry aug. I hear him all game and my mates are like holy shit listen to that.

I literally come home and pull the trigger (pun intended) on this from zeroone and will be delivered tomorrow. I also have just bought a WE m1911 from them also and loved it in my first game.

TL;DR

I JUST BOUGHT A FKING TM AUG HIGH CYCLE PURELY DUE TO THE ACOUSTICS AND FIRE RATE!

Granted it is ugly and folk don't like bullpups, but that gun sounds obnoxiously aggressive and i had to get it.

Liam

I personally think augs are sexy and aleays have, people who don't like bullpups can sod right off 😁

One thing to note, the high cycles shoot a low fps, auto is ridiculous on them, got a patriot but can't even take advantage of auto at my site :(.

Just now, Compulsive Reload said:

I personally think augs are sexy and aleays have, people who don't like bullpups can sod right off 😁

One thing to note, the high cycles shoot a low fps, auto is ridiculous on them, got a patriot but can't even take advantage of auto at my site :(.

Yeh the FPS is something i worried about a little when I looked into them. The 270ish fps quoted was worrying. As I have never owned a TM before, i am going purely on acoustic and the reviews on this gun. From what i read the TM hopups are the dogs bollox. I am fortunate that the site I was at allowed full auto, so will look forward to it then.

Do you ever have issues with the low fps on the tm high cycles? I am pretty much going to run this stock out the box as i have heard numerous people saying they are great as is.

2 minutes ago, Hilldo87 said:

Yeh the FPS is something i worried about a little when I looked into them. The 270ish fps quoted was worrying. As I have never owned a TM before, i am going purely on acoustic and the reviews on this gun. From what i read the TM hopups are the dogs bollox. I am fortunate that the site I was at allowed full auto, so will look forward to it then.

Do you ever have issues with the low fps on the tm high cycles? I am pretty much going to run this stock out the box as i have heard numerous people saying they are great as is.

Well only just got it honestly, the fps isn't really an issue as mine is a a cqb site so should be fine and people have a habit of not calling hits regardless at my site, not sure how it fares long range. 

Yeah seems that tms are always great out the box and not to really mess with them, marui magic is a term I've heard.

I'm sure there is someone on here who has one and will be able to give you more info.

• Supporters

It’s low FPS for a reason , remember as it’s a much faster rate of fire than a ‘normal’ AEG if you raise the FPS on it then your going to have some very pissed off players wanting to have a chat with you about overkill , as it’s going to hurt a lot more and potentially cause some actually injuries to said player so your not going to be very popular are you ?

Something to think about .

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

A few retailers stick sweets and things in the packages as a’freebie’ , few yrs ago there was a run of funny drawings from landwarrior, quite often when you order it says ‘any additional requests’ and a guy on Arnies I think it was wrote “no sweets please I’m diabetic , but a picture of a unicorn would be nice !” And low and behold when his parcel arrived there WAS a unicorn drawn on the box and a pack of diabetic sweets ! 😂 now that’s what you call good customer service . 

We used to do that when getting takeaways. But only once did we get that cat picture haha

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Advertised. No idea how to test the output but im guessing something thats advertised should be what it says. One of the lads has a 600lm and this one out shines it (pardon the pun) by a mile. Its genuinely blinding! 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180808-090322_Amazon Shopping.jpg

What brand is it?, i got some so called 800lm ones (clone/china copy stuff) a few years back for my bike and they were not as bright as my surefure and Lenser ones!

1 hour ago, djben9 said:

What brand is it?, i got some so called 800lm ones (clone/china copy stuff) a few years back for my bike and they were not as bright as my surefure and Lenser ones!

This is the one mate. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XS9GH5Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_l2.ABbB62CE34

'Wind fire' is the brand name. Not sure if the pictures will help you though. I cam get some night time ones tonight if you like?

IMG-20180803-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20180803-WA0003.jpeg

More covert Comms (well, more covert than shouting 😄

IMG_20180810_192009.thumb.jpg.f567ed6a33f66ad55772d802f3e7acc0.jpg

And possibly the most expensive and tiny bit of rubber/silicon/whatever I have ever bought. 

IMG_20180810_183816.thumb.jpg.ed10ad1e18d984d057acdf74ef649cdf.jpg

I'll get to test it, along with the ultra cheap, wider barrel tomorow 😁

6 minutes ago, Arwen said:

More covert Comms (well, more covert than shouting 😄

IMG_20180810_192009.thumb.jpg.f567ed6a33f66ad55772d802f3e7acc0.jpg

And possibly the most expensive and tiny bit of rubber/silicon/whatever I have ever bought. 

IMG_20180810_183816.thumb.jpg.ed10ad1e18d984d057acdf74ef649cdf.jpg

I'll get to test it, along with the ultra cheap, wider barrel tomorow 😁

I'm curious to know how good that throat mic turns out to be as I have had conflicting reviews of them.

Some say you cant make out what the person is saying while another says that it works great and is easy to use.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

We've done a quick test in the house. Apparently I'm a bit muffled, but it's not awful. Will report back after a full scale test! 

I found the best way to use throat mic’s is to speak a bit slower and not to talk for too long , short and to the point .👍

• Supporters
3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Real Steel Gen2 Vector Stock

6A6F8A55-86B1-4653-B058-CFF67E365785.thumb.jpeg.0246b1bd217be2775470128cebcf4a1b.jpegRS Gen2 Vector stock 😊

Where’s the D’oh reaction! Goddamit!🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Interloper393 said:

Can these be worn over glasses?

Yep, that's why I bought it , plenty of space -

IMG_20180811_145120.jpg