The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, Gepard said:

Bought an ICS L85A2 off of Snuff. Oh how I've missed this gun.. 

2018-05-29_17_12.25[1].jpg

What specifically do you like about it.

Will qualify for UKARA on the weekend, so starting to look around.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, MisterG said:

What specifically do you like about it.

Will qualify for UKARA on the weekend, so starting to look around.

Cheers

G

Excellent accuracy, it's an L85, solid build, it's an L85, I like the ergonomics, it's an L85. 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Gepard said:

Yeah! I might spray it back to OD green. Then again it does look pretty nice as it's faded in with the green. 

After I got over the initial shock (I freely admit I’m a right grumpy old purest when it comes to Brit weapons) but I really like it ! Need to stick some howling mad scope on it and a drum mag in it ta boot ! 😂😂

• Supporters

Not posted in here for a while but I've just spunked a wad of cash on a Titan Advanced set to go in the Specna. Oh and a Princeton tec ABR mount because...tactical plastic.

Dye i4 woody arrived today.
It's comfy, but I'm not sure about the quality of the lens.
Seems to be some kind of horizontal line across the middle. Not sure if it's reflections or what.
Looking forward to trying it out though!

New piston and head for the G36C.

Nearly spent as much on parts as the gun now.

Welcome to Airsoft! 😀

2 HPA tanks, 2 regulators and 3 lines, 1 setup for running  dual line.
Planning to run with PTS MKM GBBR  &  TM Hi-Capa, maybe pics to follow... ;)

Just bought a Tippmann M4 HPA

21 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Fuck, what a bargain that tippy was.

Now I just need to work out how to power it.

Tried pumping the HPA tanks but barely making a dent in the pressure gauge with a hand pump  Might try CO2 initially, until I can find somewhere to fill the cylinders.  Missing the bit to connect to the CO2, so will have to source one.  So far can only find them on US websites.

Cheers

G

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'll be back 😎

18 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Tried pumping the HPA tanks but barely making a dent in the pressure gauge with a hand pump  Might try CO2 initially, until I can find somewhere to fill the cylinders.  Missing the bit to connect to the CO2, so will have to source one.  So far can only find them on US websites.

Cheers

G

Yeah the hand pumps are notoriously shite. You'll be at it for ages. Then you have to take breaks to stop it over heating.

You're a Mall player aren't you? How local to reading are you? I can show you where to get your tanks filled and help you get the gun set up if you like?

Oh and you play ambush eversley. I know the guy who runs that. If you get stuck with the gun (or want to sell it ;) ) let me know and I'll come out and help.

19 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Cheers

G

Dive shops and some paintball sites if you didn't already know.
You'll need a fill station if it didn't come with one also.

4 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

IYou're a Mall player aren't you? How local to reading are you? I can show you where to get your tanks filled and help you get the gun set up if you like?

Oh and you play ambush eversley. I know the guy who runs that. If you get stuck with the gun (or want to sell it ;) ) let me know and I'll come out and help.

Thanks, might take you up on that if I get stuck.

I'm about 35 miles from Reading (West London).  Those sites were easier to get to for parking etc than Bunker 51, about the same timewise,  and didn't fancy carrying a load of gear on the tube, especially a RIF ;-).

Cheers

G

Well put your tanks underwater when filling them, prevents overheating..

5 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

Dive shops and some paintball sites if you didn't already know.
You'll need a fill station if it didn't come with one also.

I've been reading all the threads on the forum, but the challenge seems to be finding one that is willing to fill them.  E.g. some paintball sites may not want to know, no benefit for them, same for Dive shops.

Cheers

G

Just now, Skara said:

Well put your tanks underwater when filling them, prevents overheating..

I'll overheat long before the tank 😉

1 minute ago, MisterG said:

I've been reading all the threads on the forum, but the challenge seems to be finding one that is willing to fill them.  E.g. some paintball sites may not want to know, no benefit for them, same for Dive shops.

Cheers

Very true, some dive shops don't like HPA tanks, the one's that fill from large tanks probably won't, but those with compressors should be fine..
Worst case, buy a scuba tank and get that filled no problems.

31 minutes ago, Corky2110 said:

Very true, some dive shops don't like HPA tanks, the one's that fill from large tanks probably won't, but those with compressors should be fine..
Worst case, buy a scuba tank and get that filled no problems.

Problem with google is you need to put in the right terms to get what you need.  Was searching for Dive shops since last night, nothing really local and no mention of filling HPA for paintball/airsoft.  Just restarted searching, this time for Diving Shop, and there is one in walking distance and it does!  £4  for a filled tank, though as a Scuba tank is £5 longer term might be more cost effective.

They open at 12, so will be ringing in 18 mins 😉

Now just need the hose to arrive ....

Took ages to fill 400psi with the hand pump, TFFT.

3 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Problem with google is you need to put in the right terms to get what you need.  Was searching for Dive shops since last night, nothing really local and no mention of filling HPA for paintball/airsoft.  Just restarted searching, this time for Diving Shop, and there is one in walking distance and it does!  £4  for a filled tank, though as a Scuba tank is £5 longer term might be more cost effective.

I have one 10 minutes form my work, wander in, fill up 2 48ci tanks and I'm gone pretty quick haha.
I only use HPA for GBBR's and pistols so I'm not pumping out 1000's of rounds, enough to warrant a scuba to fill me up during the day.

I would suggest play a few games and see what air you're at after, if you're running low by the end or mid way then perhaps a scuba could be a good investment.

Supposedly will get about 1000 shots from 1 tank, so probably looking at 2 tanks per skirmish, though the more I play the less I spray 😉

• Mostly Retired Moderators
4 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Dive style in reading did mine. They're only 15 minutes from eversley.

https://www.divestyle.co.uk

Could be done before a game day easily enough.

You'll need a fill station though for them to attach to their big tank.

I took my tank and then this fill station in and it was no problem

https://moderncombatsports.co.uk/products/scuba-air-tank-refill-station

REPbMsN.jpg

Really though @MisterG - it's all too much of a faff. Save yourself the hassle.

I'll give you £230 for the Tippmann ;)

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Really though @MisterG - it's all too much of a faff. Save yourself the hassle.

I'll give you £230 for the Tippmann ;)

'kin 'ell give me a chance to at least shoot it 😁

Went to the shop, a whole 12 minutes to walk there, got more of a workout from the pump.  Unfortunately the one I took to fill was leaking, he can try a fix it, won't be ready until Saturday, might just need an O ring

The other one is half full, came with 1000psi and I managed to top up with another 500.

I'll use that to test the gun, but when I got back nice red card from Royal Mail, so no doubt they tried to deliver the hose while I was out. 

At least my bits for the G36C arrived, new piston and a few other bits and bobs, got some spares too.

P1040099.JPG

Gotta get to work on it, otherwise I will be running round Eversley with an Evo, though I bet it will out distance the rentals at the very least.