The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I got you fam.

https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com

Then do a search for "Flight Suit".

The French Nomex is a better match than the American CWU-27P. The French suit has pointy collars that match the nostromo crew, whereas the CWU-27P has rounded collars.

The German Army Aramid Helicopter flight suit is another great choice too (plenty patch Velcro)

D66CD267-DB97-4298-BA95-8D4DED37F432.png

• Moderators

Yep, and cannon fodder for him, he likes groupies :lol::rolleyes:

Expensive day. 

Scored an as new Crye Precision Field shirt in Ranger Green for £59 and a still with bag, unworn Crye Precision AC Combat shirt in Sand for £100.

May have to start selling some bits... 

• Moderators

All on bay of E??!

non Airsoft related.... tickets for spurs v Man City.... more for son than me..... i hate both!:lol: :lol:

Yep, both. Had to pull the trigger and grimace. 

Got myself a cheap plate carrier to test if I like the setup and for £16 I'm very impressed

Have to make some stronger plates to go inside maybe wood?

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

Adding my own tan pouches and it looks nice I think.

pc3.jpg

Guest scalawag

Scheduled for delivery by the end of the day, Well MP7 AEP, just because:lol:.  Also got a red dot sight, some extended mags and batteries ordered, and received a suppressor adaptor for it yesterday.

Just something to play with really, and might use as a secondary for those slightly closer engagments;)

19 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Got myself a cheap plate carrier to test if I like the setup and for £16 I'm very impressed

Have to make some stronger plates to go inside maybe wood?

Why would you want wood ? Why would you want to carry 2 lumps of wood lol. Foam is light and you can still feel hits through it, I believe you can get plastic ones though if you really wanted extra protection, 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, lemon191 said:

Why would you want wood ? Why would you want to carry 2 lumps of wood lol. Foam is light and you can still feel hits through it, I believe you can get plastic ones though if you really wanted extra protection, 

why would you want protection in airsoft?., you need to feel the hits....

my PC and chest rigs have no inserts in them, i get to hot anyway when i used my CPC (which came with foam 'plates' for packaging apparently as i quizzed UKT) i just removed them ....

assume they are being used for a more weighty option in game or trying to keep the shape of the PC???

curious now!! :lol:

• Moderators

hard plasticy type material, foam, something with some flex so it doesn't break...

know what you mean, my CPC can be a pain at times :)

let me know what you end up with!

• Supporters
On 02/03/2018 at 6:26 PM, L3wisD said:

The French Nomex is a better match than the American CWU-27P. The French suit has pointy collars that match the nostromo crew, whereas the CWU-27P has rounded collars.

GEEK ! :lol:

i know what you mean mate it’s the little things that make the difference . 

Wooden plates lol..

Go get some plastic ones if you want rigidity..

I got my pc with plastic plates, swapped them for foam ones, best purchase ever for my pc.. They hold the shape while not digging in your back..

• Supporters
11 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Just to keep the shape on the vest better.

I was thinking the very thin wood or thin plastic so it's light.

Have a look for some corrugated plastic (it’s the type they use for advertising boards ) cut too shape then couple of big strips of gaffa on one side then on the other side get a craft knife and cut down the corrugation channels and it’ll curve to your shape around but keep rigid in the vertical plane .

and I've just bought one of these shotgun shell caddy thing’a’me boxes , very impressed with it !  

1E65F1D3-C341-4FD5-91A2-E00FE10B8297.jpeg

6 hours ago, LightningCh said:

Hmm, for some reason this new holster has found a home on my sniper rig.. Hmm... I wonder why lol.

My DTD MK23 holster arrived today...

20180307_165920.jpg

Now I've only got to paint it green to help it blend in (even though the pistol is painted and hides 90% of it lol)

What do you think of it (I know you haven't had it long!) - I'm guessing you've had a play?
I'm toying with getting one....