The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Warrior Gunfighter Belt (decided to bite the bullet, fed of pouches flapping about on my standard rigger belt)

Various pouches from the sale section

Fastex Sling (fed up of current one rubbing on my neck)

5.11 small kit toolbag to use as a grab bag for the car/trips etc

An extra AK mag

New charger

A new baterry for my glock aep cause it stopped working and thought I'd see if a new bat sorted it before retiring it as a wall hanger lol

Still to order -

New eye pro

Gun bag

Lower face mask

This scope arrived today, not bad for £25 off amazon. Looks very nice on my CM18.

YUqcyvt.jpg

v6L6vf3.jpg

8EMLO4b.jpg

FOMZ2RN.jpg

I am just starting out so have just started buying the essentials

Gun will be purchased on Monday - Jing Gong G608KV (G36K)

ef25a0203fb12485b799c84f2a3e0b7accd84f6e

Surplus British Military Trousers and UBACS top

s-l1600_zpsnqolublj.jpg

s-l1600-2_zpsdtipaypu.jpg

Mechanix M-Pact Gloves Covert

MW15_MPT_55_H_735x918_zpssf4zhpjg.jpg

Bolle X1000 Tactical Goggles

eng_pl_Bolle-X1000-goggles-with-cover-11

Next purchases will be additional Mags, BB's, Batteries, Charger, Tactical Vest/Armour Plate (Got my eye on some UKTactical stuff), Helmet (Trying to get either British forces MK6 or MK7 Helmet), Half Face Mesh and then away I go!!!!

Anything else you would recommend I need as essentials?

• Supporters

Excellent choices.

Get at 0.25 or heavier BBs. Don't go for the plate carrier, it's very cumbersome. Get a chestrig or a molle belt or both. Helmet should be the last on your shopping list.

Get good boots, with good socks and maybe a gel insole for it.

Edit: Proffrink ninja'd me. :)

Excellent choices.

Get at 0.25 or heavier BBs. Don't go for the plate carrier, it's very cumbersome. Get a chestrig or a molle belt or both. Helmet should be the last on your shopping list.

Get good boots, with good socks and maybe a gel insole for it.

Edit: Proffrink ninja'd me. :)

Thanks for the advise - What type of Chestrig/Belt are decent? I have seen some stuff but I am just getting used to the differences between the kit and what brands are better than others

This is the chest rig I was looking at:

http://www.uktactical.com/p-11338-warrior-901-g36-multicam.aspx

11338.jpg

In terms of boots - are we looking at hiking boots or proper military style boots? what brands of socks are worth looking at?

• Moderators

Boots, I'm still using my karrimor ones from first game, doing well but ideally need new ones, just make sure they are comfy, your in them for hours

Chestrig, Warriors 901 I can't fault, I have 2 with back panel, the open mag versions, elite 4. You have missed the recent 20% off I think but usually they come around again

Edit

Just checked and seems use is still in use

• Moderators

Anyway new buys for me, mainly day to day clothing

2 pairs black helikon SFU Next combats

1 pair khaki helikon SFU Next combats

Mechanix gloves black

Mechanix gloves coyote

Helikon ubacs black

Helikon cap black

Washing machine for wife

New turbo hose for car

Possibly more on sat as of to Firesupport 😀😀

Boots, I'm still using my karrimor ones from first game, doing well but ideally need new ones, just make sure they are comfy, your in them for hours

Chestrig, Warriors 901 I can't fault, I have 2 with back panel, the open mag versions, elite 4. You have missed the recent 20% off I think but usually they come around again

Edit

Just checked and seems use is still in use

Would you say this is best bang for your buck over other brands chest rigs?

• Moderators

Nope, I just have a camelback on it, easy to take off when needed and use normal straps 🙂

Nope, I just have a camelback on it, easy to take off when needed and use normal straps

Thanks

I am now looking at the gladiator - This any decent? I men if you had to choose between the two? Gladiator (£99 - 20% = £79.20) or Warrior 901?(£129 - 20% = £103.20)

I understand the Gladiator is not customisable as much and not sure if you can use it standalone? sorry for all the questions - I am now and want to make sure I make smart purchases that will last

11325.jpg

• Moderators

It looks fine, just doesn't have removable pouches or come with the additional ones.the 901 has, it's for Airsift so nothing to worry about

Maybe give them a call, ladies are really helpful, you may be able to try it and swap if nit happy

Where are you based, having to reply on phone at work as it blocks the site!!!!

I also have the CPC vest 🙂

It looks fine, just doesn't have removable pouches or come with the additional ones.the 901 has, it's for Airsift so nothing to worry about

Maybe give them a call, ladies are really helpful, you may be able to try it and swap if nit happy

Where are you based, having to reply on phone at work as it blocks the site!!!!

I also have the CPC vest

I live in Ware, Hertfordshire - I spoke to them as they were out of stock of the Warrior 901 and getting a shipment today.

To be fair for the additional pouches I would need anyways the Warrior 901 is probably more cost effective when you look at pouches £10-£20 each

• Moderators

Just curious, I'm only in Cambridge, where do you play?

That's one reason I went for it, only had the closed version though at the time so had to wait for open pouches to arrive and get later

Just curious, I'm only in Cambridge, where do you play?

That's one reason I went for it, only had the closed version though at the time so had to wait for open pouches to arrive and get later

Currently nowhere - I have a few different groups of friends who play.

I have looked up and my local seems to be AWA Herts in Sawbridgeworth (Next to Harlow) which is 10 mins from me but open to travel - Want to get a UKARA licenses ASAP

• Supporters

Make sure the G36 mag fits in the pouch you choose. A single G36 mag will fit a double M4 pouch if there is no separator in it. Also the g36 mags has those things that clip them together and they catch on anything horizontal in the pouch. Elastic pouches won't work either. You can get an M4 magwell for the g36 though, that solves this problem.

Make sure the G36 mag fits in the pouch you choose. A single G36 mag will fit a double M4 pouch if there is no separator in it. Also the g36 mags has those things that clip them together and they catch on anything horizontal in the pouch. Elastic pouches won't work either. You can get an M4 magwell for the g36 though, that solves this problem.

Supposedly the JG G608 does not support the M4 Maxwell conversions - do you know if this is true?

What would be the best Warrior Chest rig to buy then for an G36 now with expansion possibly to M4 and other ARs?

***edit***

I have seen a Battle-axe converter that has had good reviews and seems to work with JG -

https://www.airsoftworld.net/battleaxe-g36-to-m4-m16-mag-well-convertor.html

Products304-1200x800-137699.jpg

There is a G36 version which I am sure may be better off to get as it will fit the M4 Mags in after?

11338.jpg

The Spec of the Elite 4 version say it has these style pouches - Will those fit a G36 Mag?

The Warrior Elite Ops 901 Elite 4, comes with the following as standard; 4 x Warriors 5.56mm Open Mag Pouches ( Each Pouch holds 1 x PMag 5.56mm Mags )

***editV2***

Just read that the newer JG G608 have a different set up and the conversion kits don't work unless you modify them:

i'm pretty sure almost all of them are actually from the same factory so the brand shouldn't really matter. If you have a one-piece G36 hop unit (no extended feed tube on the magwell), you'll have to cut the tube off the magwell conversion.

SOOOO MUCH TO CONSIDER!!!!!! *Brain turns to mush*