The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Supporters

Also for some unknown reason UK Tac chucked a triple AK shingle in CB in to the box that I didn't order. Don't think it was a mistake seeing as the invoice was also in the box with the correct items highlighted through (presumably as they were packed in the warehouse). £20 pouch, they're not on sale or anything and I've no need for it so I'll have to message them and see what the deal is. Interesting to take a close look at anyway, I've not bought much of their stuff in a while now but I'll still recommend them to most people so I like to keep an eye on their materials and stitching.

They're trying to tell you something, Chris: get on the bus before you're under it...

Oops, forgot: I bought a Soviet VDV 'Panama' hat too...

s-l140.jpg £17 posted ~ fleabay

Cool, looking into one so if you try can you tell me if an npas/restrictor disc will fit?

Milspec quote a lfc disc set works or an npas

So they should be good I'll be trying the discs I think first as it's easier to try and mess around with if required.

Cool, looking into one so if you try can you tell me if an npas/restrictor disc will fit?

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/WE-TA-2015-P90-GBB.html

Says it about half way down description

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/WE-TA-2015-P90-GBB.html

Says it about half way down description

I'm not sure their description is particularly accurate. From what I've heard it is a closed bolt system rather then an open bolt.

I'm not sure their description is particularly accurate. From what I've heard it is a closed bolt system rather then an open bolt.

Cheers I'll keep that in mind and check it out

• Supporters

Where did that^^ speedloader come from, mate?

Where did that^^ speedloader come from, mate?

It came with the gun a welcome little bonus :)

• Supporters

Monty you may be interested in this - much cheaper than a Gorka.

Oops: I meant TacMaster

Monty you may be interested in this - much cheaper than a Gorka.

Oops: I meant TacMaster

Unfortunately the auction has already ended, Ian!

I'm looking at some of the stuff on offer at Grey-Shop, uniform wise I'm looking at this.

Am I going wrong with this and is there a better alternative? I'm completely new to Eastern and Russian kit

Bought it the other week, a KJW 1911. Got to use it on Sunday and its the noisiest thing I've handled. Pretty accurate as well.

Scared most my team when they heard it going off. I guess that's what you get for a CO2 gun though.

Might as well add a couple mags to the list as they will be an inevitable purchase with it being pay day today.

Make sure to tell us what it chronos at! :)

So chrono'd it on guarder green gas 10 shots the highest being 390.. Lowest being 351

Tried on another chrono and the highest was 370 lowest was 339

I will redo these tests again and get a better comparison and average fps reading

I look forward to seeing the results of this as well. Be nice to buy and not have to instal a restrictor on it straight away.

So chrono'd it on guarder green gas 10 shots the highest being 390.. Lowest being 351

Tried on another chrono and the highest was 370 lowest was 339

I will redo these tests again and get a better comparison and average fps reading

I hope it can be fitted with an NPAS or those velocity reducing disks

Me too

I didn't use it tonight for those reasons so hoping I can stabilise it or add an npas

Personally thought it looked like the designer wanted a RIF that doubled as a bottle opener :D

Anyway bought 4 sets of WE M9 feeding lips to replace on my ASG MK23 magazines to stop them jamming.

Haha so true! Well, I might just have to try that... ;)

• Supporters

Unfortunately the auction has already ended, Ian!

I'm looking at some of the stuff on offer at Grey-Shop, uniform wise I'm looking at this.

Am I going wrong with this and is there a better alternative? I'm completely new to Eastern and Russian kit

Oops!

That's a good uniform, but it's army not VDV (unless the PGM are VDV but i expect it'll be decades before we know for certain who they are). Sergei has at least 1 6B7-1M helmet going very cheap on grey-shop too, although it apparently has damaged straps - check redzone.com.pl also for cheap covers for it...

Oops!

That's a good uniform, but it's army not VDV (unless the PGM are VDV but i expect it'll be decades before we know for certain who they are). Sergei has at least 1 6B7-1M helmet going very cheap on grey-shop too, although it apparently has damaged straps - check redzone.com.pl also for cheap covers for it...

I must have been mistaken then, as the 'sets' section of Grey shop shows a model wearing the same kit under the heading 'VDV'. I guess I'll just go for a standard Army setup then, minus helmet & body armour.

I'm looking at a Smerch for load bearing too

Oops!

I thought it was confirmed that the PGM are VDV? I have seen recent videos of VDV using digi flora as well

• Supporters

You may well be right about the PGM, Zak - tbh the morphine seriously saps my will to consume news: it's a weird combination of feeling simultaneously indifferent to most of what is going on, but also irritated that when something does pique my interest i can barely be arsed to do sufficient research to explore enough breadth of opinion that I feel confident in drawing even a tentative conclusion of my own...

Yeah VDV do wear Digiflora but it's the cut of the uniform i'm on about - I'm pretty sure the kecks are the same (although I wouldn't be surprised if the VDV have retained the thin pocket for a fighting knife as it's an esprit de corps thing), but the VDV top is a more modern cut with elasticated wrists and velcro, whereas the army top is a standard BDU. But at this time of the year it's all about the Gorka...

Edit to add: Smersh are very comfortable once you get them adjusted nice and tight - the only issue I have with them is very few small pouches for separating things which would be difficult to sort out of a utility pouch full of all sorts of sweets, primers, speedloader/s, multitool, chewing gum, tape, cable ties, BFG pins, fags, lighter, etc., in a hurry and/or without spilling/losing tat in the field... plus, if you want to put a hydro-bladder in the butt pack, you have to move it up onto the H-straps or the tube doesn't work as a syphon, so you'd have to suck a whole tube of air before every time you drink, and it seems pretty rare to see Russians wearing it like that...

Edited by Ian_Gere
smersh

Russian loadout is a go! Everything's been ordered:

Smerch RPK

Knitted gloves

AK type sling

BTK Digital Flora uniform set

Cold weather hat "Chechenka"

SSO Balaclava

And a pair of "Osprey" goggles!

Comes to a total of just under £210, all from grey-shop to save shipping.

edit: a KJW USP with some extras, £65 off a guy on Zero In