The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

• Root Admin
IMHO, for reliability and durability the EPMs are the right choice, PTS mags are almost excessively well built. The Hexmags are not your cheap chinese midcaps by any means, they're surprisingly heavy, nice matte finish and well moulded overall. I think they look cooler than the EPM too, but for skirmishing I'd predict the PTS option will hold up longer. I wouldn't feel as confident doing the same torture test on a Hex as I conducted on an EPM (smashed the hell out of it, ran it over and I still use it every game).

I think the EPMs are super ugly - the Hex ones look pretty cool, but that's probably because they have a real steel counterpart. The EPM just looks like an E-Mag or P-Mag ripoff (which I suppose it kind of is really); I'm not a huge fan of the big base plate or the tacky fake bullet window. I know you can remove the baseplate and put a ranger one on there, and that the window shows when the mag is full but still.

Middle one mate, for reference

1st is a clone of the Crye CPC

2nd is clone of Crye AVS

3rd is clone of eagle MMAC

RxXnWlG.jpg

Received my name tag today for my tac vest, really pleased the way it came out so any guys play at the Mall in Reading and see me, please come say "hi"

I bought a black hexmag when I got the G&G CM18, I like the look of it and it is much slimmer than the G&G 120. Going to test feeding it tomorrow, if it works well i'll get another, in a different colour - not sure I have a need for lots of 120 midcaps though, but if I like one of the 3 colours I might buy a 5pack.

• Supporters

Be interested to hear more about your experience of moving over there mate, especially getting in to the tactical industry. Once I get out of the mob one of my potential plans is to try and work in either the weapons or gear industry state side.

One a side note out of curiosity, did you not get any of your airsoft stuff surface shipped over there?

I did not. I was going to a UK university but had applied to FIT as a long shot. About a week ago I got accepted (after I was already in the US for my annual summer trip) to FIT, and it's been hectic ever since. I will get my guns over eventually, but I'm surey parents won't be willing to ship them until my first report card in December. So until then I have to make do. The Stoner is a little present to myself as I have wanted a LMG for awhile but never had the money in the UK, and my site was The Mall, which is mostly single shot anyway, so a box mag is pointless. But not here. The AK was something I picked up cheap as it has a broken air nozzle in the gearbox, which is an easy and cheap fix. And I have always wanted a wood and steel ak.

I don't actually work for Rogers, although I am a likly candidate to own the shooting school once Mr Rogers retires. What I was doing this summer was working with one of their graphic designers as well as advertising to local Airsoft shops about their products, and getting Rogers into using Airsoft weapons as cheap alternatives to the expensive "blue" guns they have to use to display products.

FY-BT-B012-M-RG FLYYE BLS Belt Gen.2 Bravo (Medium, Ranger Green)

FY-PH-P007-RG FLYYE MOLLE 9mm Pistol Magazine Pouch Ver.HP (Ranger Green)

FY-BT-B004-RG FLYYE X Belt Suspenders (Ranger Green)

FY-PH-P004-RG FLYYE Single 9mm Mag Pouch Ver.FE (Ranger Green)

FY-PH-C034-RG FLYYE BIB Single M4 PMAG 5.56 Rifle Magazine Pouch (Ranger Green)

FY-PH-M025-RG FLYYE EV Universal Triple Mag Pouch (Ranger Green)

FY-PH-C033-RG FLYYE Flashlight Pouch (Ranger Green)

FY-HN-H003-MC FLYYE Hydration Tube Cover (Multicam)

FY-PH-C005-MC FLYYE MOLLE Small Accessories Pouch (Multicam)

FY-VT-A002-BK FLYYE EVA Soft Armor Plate (Black)

FY-BG-G010-M-RG FLYYE Double Rifle Carry Bag (Medium, Ranger Green)

FY-VT-M025-RG FLYYE New LT6094 Plate Carrier Vest (Ranger Green)

FY-PH-M014-MC FLYYE Molle Folding Magazine Drop Pouch (Multicam)

FY-PH-M005-MC FLYYE RAV Triple M4/M16 Mag Pouch (Multicam)

x1 of each. store.specwarfare.com

Didn't really want the plate carrier, but the shipping was $10 with it, and $60 if I wanted to order it on it's own later - that it was £50 cheaper than Military1st(out of stock), was not really a factor.

Got this lot in, the only pouch on the plate carrier is the torch pouch - need to order an admin pouch, sling and an actual torch...

Hi everyone I finally settled on my first AEG and picked it up earlier. I grabbed a ICS GSG-522 (trusty MP5 to me) and got a mask while I was at it.

1hBBKpNm.jpg?1dw75rH2m.jpg?1

Good choice, ICS guns are pretty solid starter guns :)

• Supporters

So back at the beginning of the year I ordered 1 of these:

Combat_Sets_AK_74_Bayonet.jpg

...the only plastic AK-74 bayonet on offer, since the Toy Soldier one went out of production.

Turned out it was OOS and they had no idea when/if they would be able to get them again. It was so long ago I'd given up hope...

But this afternoon I got an email saying they had some and to pay within 3 days... woohoo! ¥1440 + ¥1290 shipping = £14.22 :lol:

However don't get excited if you want one: they are showing as OOS on Hobby Link Japan's webby - but it may be worth emailing 'em...

I wouldn't say that... They have a £22 charge for green gas transport... Seems I can't get WE gas anywhere...

What is it you want? I have family with me now who still live in the UK who could possibly bring something back and ship it to you.

Angel custom M4 to MP5 conversion. Not really needed or anything, just sort of want it for the sake of having one.

http://www.evike.com/products/46966/

Would probably make a stubby M4 and use that in it, but I am broke after just buying a Madbull SOCOM stock and a 335mm suppressor.

Cost of getting it shipped and the customs just makes it a bit too expensive to order for what it is though

• Supporters

For a minute I was thinking "who's going to buy a replica where they've moulded the blade upside-down?" but no, the russians just made them to be the opposite way to the L85 and M16 bayonets I usually see. Does make sense though when you look at the relation between the main cutting edge and the largest part of the hilt.

Learnt something new today.

For the Masada:

RATech NPAS for KJW M4 (managed to lose the last one, god knows how)

Magpul PTS Long Handguard

For G5:

Mag follower spring (the old one pinged off into the neighbour's pond this afternoon :( )

For the TM M&P9 I'm buying tomorrow:

3x Nineball Purple Gas Router

3x Nineball Neo-R Adjustable High Flow Mag Valve

1x Nineball Purple Hop Rubber

1x Nineball 6.03 Inner Barrel for M&P9

1x Nova CNC Aluminium Slide kit in Black

1x UAC Match Grade Steel Trigger Lever for M&P9

1x UAC Match Grade Steel Hammer & Sear for M&P9

1x UAC Tactical Trigger in Black for M&P9

1x UAC Ultra Lightweight Blowback Housing for M&P9

1x UAC Aluminium Loading Nozzle for M&P9

1x UAC Piston Head for M&P9

1x UAC Day and Night Sight for M&P9

M4 mag pouches x 3

M11a1 mag pouches x2

5 x M4 mags

Speed loader

Pistol holster

2 x morale patches

Just need to find some way to carry/attach the M11a1. Does anyone know of any holsters that would work with it? Or would a single point sling attached to my rig work? I'm thinking it would move too much

Been to the W&P show this weekend. Treated myself to a few goodies.

- Camo face paint

- Viper gloves (greener irl)

- 10 pack of mini clips (bought them as they were like a pound)

- Flecktarn goretex jacket

- and a soviet AK bayonet

SN201764_zpsypiomonv.jpg

For the Masada:

RATech NPAS for KJW M4 (managed to lose the last one, god knows how)

Magpul PTS Long Handguard

For G5:

Mag follower spring (the old one pinged off into the neighbour's pond this afternoon :( )

For the TM M&P9 I'm buying tomorrow:

3x Nineball Purple Gas Router

3x Nineball Neo-R Adjustable High Flow Mag Valve

1x Nineball Purple Hop Rubber

1x Nineball 6.03 Inner Barrel for M&P9

1x Nova CNC Aluminium Slide kit in Black - Out of Stock

1x UAC Match Grade Steel Trigger Lever for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Match Grade Steel Hammer & Sear for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Tactical Trigger in Black for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Ultra Lightweight Blowback Housing for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Aluminium Loading Nozzle for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Piston Head for M&P9 - Out of Stock

1x UAC Day and Night Sight for M&P9 - Out of Stock

Arsebiscuit, revised list above, certain Asia retailers need to update stock quantities :( As that was most of the order, i've cancelled the rest as once shipping etc is taken into account, its actually cheaper to get the rest from eagle6 :/

• Supporters

where the hell have you been ???

glad to see you return hope all is ok

Well it's probably going to be a flying visit, if not quite a drive by: my health has been truly terrible. I swear, if i hadn't bought an Xbox1 to keep me distracted, the despair could well have been too much. Just looking out the window during daylight hours is enough to get me thinking of all the people I could be shooting... if it wasn't for the fact i can barely walk. But hey, there are possibilities on the horizon and i live in hope :wacko:

For a minute I was thinking "who's going to buy a replica where they've moulded the blade upside-down?" but no, the russians just made them to be the opposite way to the L85 and M16 bayonets I usually see. Does make sense though when you look at the relation between the main cutting edge and the largest part of the hilt.

Learnt something new today.

When you think of how you'd use a bayonet while attached, it's an upward thrust so having the cutting edge on top makes more sense, so long as it is actually sharp.

• Supporters

Hope you're doing alright, Ian!

Looking to buy a flecktarn loadout, anyone recommend good places to look?

Www.flecktarn.co.UK