The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

that one was for the novelty value and a laugh. the poppy one was a specific search item although it will probably be worn for most games. i am tempted to wear my combats to work on remembrance day as a mark of respect

• Supporters

Edited.

I wish you'd left it how it was, Chris.

My own views are somewhat different as to why dressing in military gear on remembrance day is not something to do, unless you're at a skirmish of course, but we are adults and we can debate subjects. We can even hold quite passionate views on particular subjects and nonetheless remain perfectly civil while expounding our pet theories and/or peeves. It's also the case that if someone else cannot behave as an adult, we ourselves are not duty/honour/magically bound to return to the playground. In fact, if someone cannot defend a statement without being offensive, it's usually because the statement cannot be defended logically and we can just leave it there as the evidence that whatever pride we feel has been vindicated, until a mod comes along and removes just the ad hom portion of a post.

You know what? Pride. That's what it comes down to, eh? And yet, how proud can we be of ourselves when our community has so often seen even just mildly contentious opinions spark some proper mongery, so much so in fact that Chris, one of our longstanding, well respected, members chooses to censor himself. Gordon Bennet, I don't know what the answer is my friends, but i know we need one!

Went to Patrol Base today...

My dad bought this :D:D

WE P226

WE Premium Green Gas

Abbey Maintenance Gas

Abbey Silicone Oil 35ml

Patrol Base Hard Case

Small Pistol Case

patrolbase1.jpgimage.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_3.jpg

patrolbase2.jpg

Also saw one of those Kombat fleeces (don't think they're sold on their website) and they look good so eagerly awaiting mine and the Emerson G3s :)

Stuck the eHobby Asia 10th Anniversary sticker on the small case

• Supporters

You know what? Pride. That's what it comes down to, eh? And yet, how proud can we be of ourselves when our community has so often seen even just mildly contentious opinions spark some proper mongery, so much so in fact that Chris, one of our longstanding, well respected, members chooses to censor himself. Gordon Bennet, I don't know what the answer is my friends, but i know we need one!

Tbh, primarily just didn't want the thread going off topic more. But it wasn't the fact I felt what I said would be contentious I'm fine with making such posts on airsoft forums and I'd still stand behind everything I said and would happily say it again, just didn't want to say it in that exact place/time/context is all.

• Supporters

Because I couldn't decide, I bought Viper Olive knee pads and Blackhawk Olive knee pads anyone have any advice on which are better solely on durability and longevity ?

I'm not a fan of Viper kneepads - nothing wrong with the quality of them but they are quite flat which is not so good for my spindly knees. IIRC the Blackhawk ones have more of a curve to them, right? My favs are Hatch Centurion...

Yeah I agree the viper ones look a bit flat. Think I'll go with the Blackhawk and return the viper ones, searched the hatch centurion they look similar to the Blackhawk ones. Any advice on glasses ? It's between ASG & G&G ones that I've seen

• Supporters

Yeah I agree the viper ones look a bit flat. Think I'll go with the Blackhawk and return the viper ones, searched the hatch centurion they look similar to the Blackhawk ones. Any advice on glasses ? It's between ASG & G&G ones that I've seen

TBH finding the right eyepro is very personal. You will probably have to try several types before you find what works best for you and, like me, you may find that certain types work better for certain sites or game styles.

For eg, I have a pair of ESS Advancer V12s for which I have made custom mesh inserts to replace the polycarbonate lenses - they are fucking excellent, the size of the mesh at that distance from my eye just disappears from my view very quickly and never forces my eyes to refocus close up, which is something that some mesh eyepro does to me... but I wouldn't wear them for CQB because the raw mesh is not strong enough to withstand more than 14 rounds fired full auto at 1J point blank range - the curvature I have added and the way the ends of the wires are locked around the perimeter will add to that strength, but by an unknown amount, so even though the chance of an accident is actually miniscule, since it would take my head to be jammed in place, I don't feel it's appropriate to take that risk when it's not just my eyes but the reputation of the site and the sport as a whole.

I also have a pair of Revision Bullet Ants, which although they have polycarbonate lenses and therefore will always fog, by preparing them the night before with Fog Tech and giving them a quick polish with an ESS cloth before use, the fogging can be put off for about 3-4 hours assuming breaks every 40mins or so - after that further Fog Tech polishes last for about 30-40mins. These are my CQB eyepro.

I also have some Hero Shark Daggernose - I feel fully confident that the mesh in these would withstand 00 buckshot, but the perforated sheet never quite disappears from my view - it creates rows of tiny triangular shadows. This is not really a problem, however it does mean that when i involuntarily glance close by, because I've heard something unexpected for eg, like a BB hitting my cover, my eyes momentarily attempt to refocus on the interior of the mesh, which makes seeing stuff close up a ball ache (and i need reading specs anyway). These are my spares. On days when I'm using my ESS's, for when I know I will be getting forward during a game and might get a faceful, and for CQB when fogging in my Bullet Ants has become more of a pain than I'm prepared to accept.

I tried Bolle Cobras - these are fog free, but the liquid still builds up on the lenses distorting my view, so I may use these as additional spares on days when taking fuck loads of kit isn't a problem.

Plus I have a fencing style facemask, but this needs a door mod over the mouth before i can seriously use it, because I need to sip water and eat sweets continually to keep my mouth moist. Oh yeah, and an S10 respirator with replacement ballistic lenses - this is actually a lot better than you might imagine, but i need to modify a filter so i can breath through it easier...

My only advice to you is that you should always use eyepro which seals against your skin. Shooting glasses which have gaps around the edges are not intended for airsoft and it is a proven fact that BB's can get behind the lenses from underneath and hit you in the eye.

Wow nice reply man totally get what your saying, as I haven't been to a game yet your advice on trying different options makes perfect sense and I suppose whatever I buy first will be a tester as to what I will have there on so I appreciate your advice and the time you out into your reply ! I had no idea Airsoft had such a vast number of followers it's fucking brilliant ! Where can I get eye pro from ?

Because I couldn't decide, I bought Viper Olive knee pads and Blackhawk Olive knee pads anyone have any advice on which are better solely on durability and longevity ?

I've a;ways found Viper to be lower quality and not very durable,Blackhawk however is pretty bomb proof. Serving guys would use Blackhawk but normally wouldnt touch Viper

I've a;ways found Viper to be lower quality and not very durable,Blackhawk however is pretty bomb proof. Serving guys would use Blackhawk but normally wouldnt

touch Viper

Thanks for your reply man, I'm totally sold on the Blackhawk pads for sure can't wait to try them out !

2 tins of Krylon camo paint, co2 capsules and desert camo pants for my son from local gun shop.

Followed by camo pants for me and an almost new pair of size 11 american boots for a fiver in the bargain section at local army surplus shop!

Thanks for your reply man, I'm totally sold on the Blackhawk pads for sure can't wait to try them out !

yeah I bought some Viper knee pads few years back, fell apart pretty quickly, repaired for spares but been using a pair of Hatch ones I was given ever since which seem a lot better. Viper tac vests seem ok for the price, my son's has lasted years without any issues and turned out a good buy.

• Supporters

Where can I get eye pro from ?

Airsoft retailers and fleabay, or outdoor sports retailers for Bolle.

• Supporters

Some techie bits for me:

s-l140.jpg + s-l140.jpg 4 Pole Rocker Switch & Waterproof Cover - £3.08 posted ~ fleabay

(for my NVG rig)

s-l140.jpg2 x 100mm Magnetic Parts Tray - £4.80 posted ~ fleabay

s-l140.jpg Quiksteel Steel Reinforced Epoxy Putty - £5.85 posted ~ fleabay

I'm hoping this Quiksteel will allow me to effect a durable repair to a tactical fire selector lever for 1 of my AK's - tbh I doubt it will actually work, but we shall see.

Have just bought -

WAS Nemesis Chest Rig in Coyote Tan

5.11 Tac Lite Pro Pants in Tundra (poo brown to everyone else)

5.11 Tac Lite Pro Shirt in Green

And finally sourced another pair of Magnum Sidewinders in a 13, but without the multicam on it...Wooohooo

• Supporters

A 51mm mortar case from our own dear Jamesronald - why? I dunno. I'm thinking I may keep my mags in it, or spray paint at one end and gun parts which dont fit in my other bits boxes in the rest...

But it looks sooooo B):lol: