The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

yup, can't remember how long she has lived there but is in the co-op. Was a buzzing place when I used to visit, the cafe and another pub near the oval

Where abouts was that ? I worked in Vauxhall for 5 years (Cap Gemini) - was a truly nasty area with all the drug users/pushers and the old school crime families (though funny watching a struggling pensioner get out of a merc accompanied by bouncer types before entering a pub (can't remember it's name, belive it is no longer around, but was opposite an infants (?) school on a side street.

• Supporters

Where abouts was that ? I worked in Vauxhall for 5 years (Cap Gemini) - was a truly nasty area with all the drug users/pushers and the old school crime families (though funny watching a struggling pensioner get out of a merc accompanied by bouncer types before entering a pub (can't remember it's name, belive it is no longer around, but was opposite an infants (?) school on a side street.

The pub I'm talking about is/was just around the corner from Bonnington Square, although it is over the boundary into The Oval from Vauxhall. Strickly good people. TBH I probably deserved to be barred: I used to get pretty out of order as a yoot. Of course, whether a place is friendly or not depends upon whom you are and your attitudes.

I mean yeah, a pub opposite a primary school. Heaven forfend that children see adults being adults: scarred for life that shit. Next thing you know they'll think it's normal for adults to drink alcohol and some of them fall about drunk!

• Supporters

s-l140.jpg 11 Hole Leather Lace In Boot Zips - £8.95 posted ~ wildernessleatherltd fleabay

(I just cut a pair of these down for someone else and they turned out so well that I'm getting some for myself)

s-l140.jpg 2013 Issue Russian Military Belt - £17.87 posted ~ valery-seawolf-ru on fleabay

s-l140.jpg Used Motorola XTR446 - £14 posted from Portugal ( :blink: ) ~ zomid on fleabay

(I've bought 1 of these from the same seller before and it lasted a couple of years - this is to use as a spare/lend)

s-l140.jpg Bumble Ball (Distraction Device) - £2.75 posted ~ fleabay

s-l140.jpg 10 x IR 940nm LED's (for distraction device) - £1.50 ~ fleabay

and to get some organisation to my teching...

s-l140.jpg44 Piece Wall Mounted Organiser - £25 posted ~ fleabay

Would you recommend the Motorolas Ian? Looking at picking up a cheap radio myself and been looking at Motorola TKLR's.

I've just bought :

1 x l119 sling plate

1 x l119 butt stock pad

1 x l119 16" barrel set

All from warlord Tactical, came to about £100 including postage, and theyve thrown in a free torch which is a nice touch. No idea what it looks like but always handy.

1 x G&P m4 RAS 6 position from Zeroone, waiting for it to be ordered in from G&P. Cost just shy of £300 including postage.

and I've also picked up a car 15 stock on here, can anyone guess what I'm making? :wub::lol:

Would you recommend the Motorolas Ian? Looking at picking up a cheap radio myself and been looking at Motorola TKLR's.

I've just bought :

1 x l119 sling plate

1 x l119 butt stock pad

1 x l119 16" barrel set

All from warlord Tactical, came to about £100 including postage, and theyve thrown in a free torch which is a nice touch. No idea what it looks like but always handy.

1 x G&P m4 RAS 6 position from Zeroone, waiting for it to be ordered in from G&P. Cost just shy of £300 including postage.

and I've also picked up a car 15 stock on here, can anyone guess what I'm making? :wub::lol:

L 119 Sharpshooter?! Hope you're gonna post pics?! What are you doing about the x6 ACOG?

The L129 is the sharpshooter Cav! until you mentioned it there I thought it was called that too, but I'm making a 16" L119 ( basically the UK's answer to the m4 which is used by pathfinders and UKSF etc.)

Pics will definetly be posted up though, it'll be my pride and joy!

Good luck, can't wait to see your baby!

L119A1 is the Diemaco C8. L1129 or whatever it's called is an LMT DMR. IIRC it's pretty much the same as the Mk Mod I but our confusing designations. Dunno why we can't just keep the manufacturers names really. Glocks are called L131A1s officially.

• Supporters

Very much so - simple and intuitive to use; the audio accessories single TRS jack is a solid design which is not prone to becoming loose; the manuals are available online, so if you buy a 2nd hand one it's no bother to find what you need; signal strength is like any PMR446, weak, but of course intelligibility is affected by quality and where Motorola have the edge is that they make their own chips, so more of the unit cost is available for other parts.

For me, something for which I have been looking for ages:

s-l140.jpg Soviet Canvas and Leather Boots in size 45 - €66.75 posted ~ kapterka on fleabay

• Supporters

aaaaaaand that's the sound of the padlock going on my wallet...

d44a1e3c69449b2fa95ca191da00777d.image.6 SPOSN 4 X AK mag MOLLE pouch - $54 posted ~ soviet-propaganda.com

An S&T (basically a Elite force) Tavor 21 professional long in black.

Change the spring, gearbox jammed in two shots. Does not feed from a MAG magazine but feeds my awful GR16 magazines perfectly! I have had it 48 hours, its come all the way from hong kong and the quick change spring system has screwed me, right FPS but broken gun. So now it needs to come apart and I need to work out why pulling the trigger does nothing (I suspect the wiring or the motor rather than gears but we will see).

MTP combat shirt (mandarin collar)

MTP Mrk 2 trousers

Magnum desert patrol boots

Oakley tactical gloves (olive)

Osprey ITW NEXUS grenade molle grenade pouch

Cp CAMO molle vest (soon to be replaced with a condor molle vest)