The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

Just got my Molle Vest through the post. Very good. (It is black but it decided to come out on the camera as green, so I tried to change it as much as I could)

sn201616.jpg

just got a pouch to finish off my A-TACS FG belt rig :D

• Supporters

And got my ESS and Inserts :D

Gotta say ESS glasses feel nice when wearing and its easy to adjust them :P But paint in the arse is that I have to pay £69 for the lenses to be inserted >.<

I know English isn't your 1st language, Alphabet, but that extra "t" is so funny!

pumpkin_ass_costume.jpg

Got myself some 12hr NATO lightsticks and a reproduction '58 pattern water bottle and mug set from my local camping shop. 'Tis good :)

Just got my Molle Vest through the post. Very good. (It is black but it decided to come out on the camera as green, so I tried to change it as much as I could)

sn201616.jpg

you need that looked at!

You can buy velcro and self-adhesive it onto the kit?

I plan to buy velcro, affix to the embroidered patch and then it will have velcro backing.

You can buy velcro and self-adhesive it onto the kit?

I plan to buy velcro, affix to the embroidered patch and then it will have velcro backing.

all velcro, easier and the CPU has designated locations for it.

An olive green M/88 helmet (to look like a Russian Sphere helmet), large black goggles, a Russian flag patch and an Alfa Group patch in "Sand".

Plan to get black Alta Knee Pads, an Assault Vest in Flora or Kamysh and some commercial MultiCam tactical shirt and trousers.

No need to pretend it looks like a Sphera,the Russians do have a variant of the m88,I forget what it's called though. It can fit in fine,Russian soldiers use whatever they get their hands on.

I bought a Ukranian army belt in Coyote brown,for about 5€,or 50 Grivna. Thinking of changing my loadout to Ukranian special forces,which isn't hard,all I need to a Ukraine flag patch for my BDU.

• Supporters

I thought i got a good deal on these gloves.........BUT after one day at sandpit they now look like this!

17161907-2E35-4051-A8A1-DEABD47A2D7E-210

FA340A79-55C0-465E-9C65-1A7191E3B488-210

I've got a genuine pair, they were only £25, came new with the original tags on them as well.

I had some fake ones prior that were £15 and both the fakes and the new ones have torn inside the thumbs, but not to a great extent, it's only something you'd notice if I pointed it out. They both have some odd little round things on the finger tips as texturing though, for grip. On the fakes they all came off so easily I thought they might've been stickers. On the real ones they're still there, but they've worn down.

I actually think the fake ones are significantly more comfortable, but the real ones are real :rolleyes: and they do look cooler without the daft shiny, fake carbon fibre knuckles.

All in, I use the real ones, not the fakes. So take from that what you will. I've had them for about 6 months now as well, and I skirmish more or less every week.

@ Unrustle_Thine_Jimmies

The loadout is coming on very well. I've seen various images, and the helmets they wear do vary. With the one eye hole black balaclava, large black googles, and the M/88 helmet, it looks realistic, and as you say.. russian loadouts vary so much that you can have more leeway with loadouts than others units IMHO. I'd like a Flora vest, but it's much more expensive than the kamysh, and I prefer the Kamysh to be honest. £65, free postage from Russia.. I'll say yes to that.

Just waiting for my Alfa patch, I have the Russian flag arm patch, need to get the Helikon Multicam and it'll look a great loadout I hope for CQB/Semi-Urban/Urban. For the temperate, I'll swap out the Multicam for my Dutch DPM, which while it does not look British, it has that continental look, and replicates the Smog DPM, that FSB use quite well, and it cost me less than £40 for an entire set of trousers, and 3 tops of different styles.

What Ukrainian spetsnaz are you imitating?

Been shopping a lot this week ready for my 1st taste of Airsoft.

Most the Paintball gear has not seen action in 20 years and fair to say I put a few pounds on (Not to mention the few stone) since then so had to start again.

New woodland camo jacket

New woodland camo trousers

New black Mascot trouser from work (Thanks to Ian_G for that great idea)

New olive baseball caps 1 lightweight and 1 heavy also from work so cheap :)

New Tactical shirt with padded elbows so I don't hurt my arms when I collapse in a heap as I am soooo unfit.

New goggles and wire face mask (my hooter just fits in it)

New gloves (Paint on the old ones had eaten them)

New Scrim scalf

Will use an old pair of boots for now as my feet are the only thing that's the same size

Will add pic later when wife wakes up and I can get to the camera (She on night shift not lazy)

Anything else anyone can think of I forgot?

Thinking I wont need a vest the first few games as I on hire gun or will I?

Casio GA-100-1A1ER military inspired watch.

19b34564-a8a6-4e2e-8f3b-16ba83cfb3fa.jpgb0c3be0f-936d-4a1b-8e1a-4ce07b959dbb.jpg

Not too reflective, incredibly durable and has pretty cool feature which means you can get the light to come on just by looking at it :)

Birthday present from my mum of all people

• Supporters

Anything else anyone can think of I forgot?

Thinking I wont need a vest the first few games as I on hire gun or will I?

You won't need a vest until you need to carry a few mags, and if you're using hicap mags you won't actually need a vest at all, but they look cool. Best wait until you decide what AEG you want to buy so you can get something that the mags will fit into.

You might want to think about gloves. Carbon knuckle for cool, Kevlar & Pyrohide for waterproof & impervious enough to give you the confidence to take your time throwing lit pyrotechnics, or for protection against the sting of being hit on the hand, these.

I've got a genuine pair, they were only £25, came new with the original tags on them as well.

I had some fake ones prior that were £15 and both the fakes and the new ones have torn inside the thumbs, but not to a great extent, it's only something you'd notice if I pointed it out. They both have some odd little round things on the finger tips as texturing though, for grip. On the fakes they all came off so easily I thought they might've been stickers. On the real ones they're still there, but they've worn down.

I actually think the fake ones are significantly more comfortable, but the real ones are real :rolleyes: and they do look cooler without the daft shiny, fake carbon fibre knuckles.

All in, I use the real ones, not the fakes. So take from that what you will. I've had them for about 6 months now as well, and I skirmish more or less every week.

Could you link me to where you can get these please Ed?

-Also Herosharks Mako's and Lower mesh arrived last night, first impressions pretty good! :)

• Supporters

I don't think I've got the link anymore, I'll have to look through my eBay history when I get back home.

• Supporters

AirsoftPro Precision A&K SVD HopUp chamber - USD 47.30 delivered from Czechoslovakia.

• Supporters

Busted! I am indeed still living pre Czech Republic :lol::P but you know what?

"Grandad" - harsh, Alphabet, very harsh!

• Supporters

Well done that man! Cold Steel, yeah Tariq? I've had one of those bokkens on my Amazon Wish List since before last xmas - I just haven't found the money spare so far ;)