The 'What have you just bought' Thread

Cameron364

DCU

Good! I congratulate your correct naming of the pattern :D

Just Ordered;

Olive Drab Shemagh

Helikon USMC Marpat Trousers

Helikon USMC Marpat Boonie

Revenger TDU Pants CADPAT (Invader Gear)

Claw Gear CADPAT Boonie.

Flyye M4 LBT Chest Rig

a OD moisture wicking sleevless shirt.

just looking at getting some nice mesh goggles/glasses to fit my rather large face! i like the look of Herosharks MAKOS but not sure if theyd fit

Upgrade parts from ASPUK have arrived, mounts from Airsoft World, Scope from who knows where. Lady Dragunov is up and running, all I can say is look out if you are attending Skirmish Mansfield on the 11th :D

Received some MTP trousers off eBay to go with my UBACS and my Multicam X-Hatch styled knee/eblow pads just arrived from HK.

Last night ordered a Magpul clone foregrip, Magpul clone rails and some Oakley styled combat gloves in tan to match the MTP gear (all from HK).

• Supporters

Upgrade parts from ASPUK have arrived, mounts from Airsoft World, Scope from who knows where. Lady Dragunov is up and running, all I can say is look out if you are attending Skirmish Mansfield on the 11th :D

I'm jealous!

I expect to be there. Hopefully Jetta will be in fine form by then.

Just ordered a Madbull 1 inch CCW outer barrel extension from Fire Support - £15 + £3.50 P&P Fifteen fcuking quid!

- I only need 7-8mm of extra barrel so I was planning to get a CCW to CW thread adaptor and replace the CW to CCW adaptor that came with the suppressor I'm using. TBH I would have resented having to pay £8-ish +P&P for a poxy bit of threaded aluminium, but I'd have assuaged my outrage with the knowledge that I would definitely have it soon, whereas if I had taken advantage of the Supporters' Discount and bought it for £7.10 delivered from Airsoft Tiger111HK I would have had to wait maybe 20 days. OK, probably not even 10, but you never know and I want it by the 11th...

So guess what? There isn't a single 14mm CCW to CW thread adaptor left in the UK currently (that I could find and I went through my entire airsoft bookmarks folder)! BASTARD!

Also ordered some green cotton canvas webbing to modify my Soviet chest rig - believe it or not that is £3.75/m +P&P! Oh, and some 1" D-rings to match the ones on the rig, one of those new issue boot cleaning brushes so I can get to the bits of mud stuck between the leather and sole around the sides easier, and a LiPo balancing lead to go with the 18650 trays I ordered t'other day - the latter 3 things costing just over a fiver delivered for the lot!

I'm going to resent that eighteen quid odd for a long time to come - I can feel it in my bones...

• Supporters

Actually Sp00n, no I forgot to check fleabay... like a dick!

Swings and roundabouts though because I just had my offer of £8.50 delivered accepted on fleabay for 3 green canvas triple AK mag pouches! :)

• Supporters

Payday spending spree, me, noooooo.

Oh wait, yes.

Bought a Pantac Molle EV Universal Chest rig from Airsoftsupplydrop.com bought a molle bottle holder to go with it too.

Plan is to remove the straps, repurpose them so I can wear it as a sort of bandolier type thingy on my left hand side to carry mags/gas/bbs/snickers/pyro etc for a superlightweight CQB set up. It's got loads of PALS webbing on the inside and velcro too, so I'm kinda working at the moment on putting an LBT MP7 mag insert onto the velcro and using it as a sort of pouch within a pouch, at least until I can find a dealer for the BFG tenspeed MP7 pouches... then using the bag itself as a kinda handy dump pouch. We'll see... it might all end in failure. The water bottle holder is also getting attached to the inside and it'll be holding a gas bottle for handy refills in the field. Might add a utility pouch to the inside also to hold a bag of BBs, but I'll cross that particular bridge when I come to it.

Also went to dragonsupplies.co.uk and bought a PALS strap sleeve/panel type job, it's for the bandolier plan detailed above, I figure I'm going to need some kind of 'quick access' pyro so that'll go on the strap across my front and have a smoke grenade pouch full of TLSFx goodies or if I ever get round to buying one, a blank firing grenade.

Also for some maximum stylin' (I AM 'down with the kids, respect') I bought a Hazard4 embroidered baseball cap and a couple of shemaghs in various colours, along with putting in an order (no invoice yet, booooo) for a pair of AOR2 combat trousers and a boonie hat in the same pattern. If anyone could point me in the direction of a well priced (NOT TMC) 1961G chest rig to go with them I'd be eternally grateful!

Just got some ESS V12 Advancer lenses meshed by Heroshark. Yes!

MAGNUM SPIDERS <3 despite ordering them at 8 last night the bloke who ran the shop personally drove them down for me as Im skirmishing tomorrow, top lad! They're beautiful.

post-5019-0-46339900-1367595968_thumb.jpg

I've been looking at a set of Russian Gorod on eBay and the guy says that the labels on both the trousers and shirt are '182-108-96' or '56-182' in old style. To me that is 71'' length, 42" chest and 37" waist.

I'm exactly 5'8", am a 34"-36" waist (smallest and biggest) and wear a 40"-42" chest (smallest and biggest). Can anyone here tell me roughly whether the '182-108-96' / '56-182' is my size? I think it is made by Splav, in the Gorod pattern.

I have looked it up, but I'm wondering if we have any russian camo owners on here to help me out. Thanks.

• Supporters

I've been looking at a set of Russian Gorod on eBay and the guy says that the labels on both the trousers and shirt are '182-108-96' or '56-182' in old style. To me that is 71'' length, 42" chest and 37" waist.

I'm exactly 5'8", am a 34"-36" waist (smallest and biggest) and wear a 40"-42" chest (smallest and biggest). Can anyone here tell me roughly whether the '182-108-96' / '56-182' is my size? I think it is made by Splav, in the Gorod pattern.

I have looked it up, but I'm wondering if we have any russian camo owners on here to help me out. Thanks.

That "old style" nomenclature isn't correct and the two don't mean the same either. If the 182-108-96 / H-Ch-W is correct, the old style measurement should be 54-5 or possibly 54-6, but if the "56" is correct it will have a chest size of 44" and waist 38" and is more likely to have been made height size 6 than 5, ie for a big man, rather than a shorter, probably fatter man, but not necessarily lol...

So no, unfortunately it's too big for you.

You want old style 52-3.

For the life of me I can't remember where I saw the height size comparison chart but it goes something like this:

about 170 = 3 / about 174 = 4 / about 178 = 5 / about 185 = 6 and here's a linky for the rest.

Edited by Ian_Gere

Picked up a RS CASV rail system. Needed to make a new mounting for it as the metal strip was missing.

took me 10 mins in the workshop with an old M4 carry handle and sorted!

Lick of paint and i will sell it on as wotn fit my SR-16 but it was too good a deal not to take it.

mtp ubacs £18 :D

mtp shirt £18 :D

mtp trousers £29 :(

I got my UBACS for £13 and my trousers for £10 both off eBay, brand new!

Bought an old ACOG off a mate.

Might be a little battered but since it's already sitting on my gun, I CBA to order a new one from HK :P

• Supporters

I got my UBACS for £13 and my trousers for £10 both off eBay, brand new!

I am willing to bet that you are not as fat as me lol i am a big guy

• Supporters

I am willing to bet that you are not as fat as me lol i am a big guy

I thought Joe had left his M14 on the field once... but then he turned more to face me!

@Jubigala: you're welcome. Try to get confirmation on those height comparisons though, because my memory is notoriously sh!t. The only ones I'm 100% certain about are the ones that will fit me: 5'10" 42"Ch + long arms 36"W = 52/54-5

• Supporters

Finally found some Blue Force Gear MP7 mag pouches for sale on ebay, bought enough to carry six mags, leaves me room for expansion and means I'll be able to mount them on the outside of the bandolier/bag I'm making.

I thought Joe had left his M14 on the field once... but then he turned more to face me!

@Jubigala: you're welcome. Try to get confirmation on those height comparisons though, because my memory is notoriously sh!t. The only ones I'm 100% certain about are the ones that will fit me: 5'10" 42"Ch + long arms 36"W = 52/54-5

What I lack in weight, I make up for in vocal cords!

Today I've got a pair of DDPM shorts for summer :)

But mainly I've bought a genuine SADF M83 vest!! :D

Waiting on them to all arrive!