FREE Open Days - Winchester Woodlands Airsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

NEW - Woodlands Airsoft - Winchester

FREE OF CHARGE

OPEN DAY .1

29/10/11 Saturday

09:00 Arrival

OPEN DAY .2

06/11/11 Sunday

09:00 Arrival

A new UKARA registered airsoft site located in Winchester will be opening it's doors on Saturday 29th October, FREE OF CHARGE, and the following week Sunday 6th November . All you have to do is bring yourselves along on the day with your gear and give your feedback for a FREE day. Participants must call 07407543256 as soon as possible to register their place for the day as ONLY 60 places are available. The venue has been developed from an outdoor laser-tag & activities complex, designed for a variety of scenarios, all including close and long-range combat fighting. The site zones contain a maze, tunnel bridge, prison, fort, fuel depot and loads more surprise structures and obstacles to provide cover. Although its a woodlands site it does contain open-field as well.

As for the facilities, we can provide hot food & drink catered on site, hard standing car park, toilets, indoor and outdoor seating and a firing range. Our on-site shop contains your airsoft necessities; ammo, pyrotechnics, camouflage gloves, facemasks etc.

We do ask, as only opening days, you will need to bring your gear along, preferably your own guns although we may have a limited amount for rental. A chronograph will be on site to check your weaponry FPS figures however as of yet we have not chosen our limits. Keep checking here as it will be added. We will most likely be following standard FPS guides of 350 AEG, 420 Semi only, 500 Single action. We can supply limited face protection so if you require face masks please let us know when booking your place.

NOTE: You must contact us on 07407543256 to register yourself to play before the day! Places are limited so contact us as soon as possible. Players turning up on the day without booking their place will be turned away. Not a lot to do for a free day is it?

We are located at Unit Two, Dunford Business Park, 89 Main Road, Colden Common, Winchester, SO21 1RP.

www.woodlands-lasertag.co.uk

Questions can be answered on the forum or by phone.

Teams Welcome!

HI, I messaged you but will also give you a call.

and timings would help a bit

Thanks a lot!

I'll give you a call either later today or monday

as for the FPS limit I would say AEGs (rifles SMGs etc.) all 350 regardless of semi etc. as you can shoot semi quite fast

Snipers and single action guns make it 500 with a 20-30m minimum engage distance

This is what my local site say and it works very well.

If someone has a purely semi auto (ie. no fire select) sniper then I'd say 400-420

• Supporters

having a semi only aeg is the same as having a pure semi only sniper, whats the differenece?

you can take lock an aeg to semi you know...

I stand by what i said before,

350 aeg

425 semi only

500 single action

without higher limits for sniper rifles and dmr's they become useless

the thing i was saying about semi was that you shouldn't be able to have a smg or assault rifle with that as i often use semi on my aeg and I wouldn't fancy getting shot 5m away at 425, you could always have a minimum fire distance. I would say the semi auto rules like that if there is no auto function and so guns like M24s or M14s not MP5s or M4s just my opinion

yea if its locked seems fair (but would have to prove as I've heard of some people changeing them to full auto in game) but i would still have a minimum distance though of like 5m

• Supporters

of course itd have to be shown that it was locked. that way you cant change it in game.

id suggest a 15 med but if people want lower then im all for it.

Another thing to the organiser: make sure there's no bang rule, it just causes arguement, a single shot to the body will do the same job and not hurt

Just phoned and it will start at 10 ish, He thinks around 350 for AEG's and 500 for bolt action but it could change. I am booked so if you want to go send an emil to them and say you are from the foumrs.

Are you going marksman?

• Supporters
of course itd have to be shown that it was locked. that way you cant change it in game.

id suggest a 15 med but if people want lower then im all for it.

Another thing to the organiser: make sure there's no bang rule, it just causes arguement, a single shot to the body will do the same job and not hurt

My site just say that a bang rule is a coutesy. If someone tries it on, you're within your rights to just shoot them and they'll be the one that's dead, not you.

It seems to work fine.

Though it is basically the same as saying there's no bang rule lol.

we have a good sportsmanship rule that says you just say to someone, do you want to take that hit but they're welcome to say no and try and shoot you but then you just blast the hell out of you!

Archived