Your favourite Camo

Immersion
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What's your favourite camo on a Woodland DPM outfit?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Camo style

• Tan
    • Olive Drab

Hey again,

I'm looking at getting the Tactical Warrior RICAS M4 with other Addons.

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/RICAS_M4.html

Now I'm trying to decide on what colour to go for, I know I should go for OD since I'll mostly be in a Woodland scenario but tan just looks so much.. dare I say it.. cooler? But yeah, let me know what you think :)

OD, tan is a waste of time in the UK.

Yeah, I gathered it would be a waste of camoflage, but how many of you actually use face cam in skirmishes? If you dont, wouldn't your face be just as bad as a give away? If that made any sense what so ever haha.

• Supporters

I dont always use it just for milsims but for those that are not ex mil or still serving auprissingly dont spot such things as a white mans face or hands

I dont always use it just for milsims but for those that are not ex mil or still serving auprissingly dont spot such things as a white mans face or hands

Oh fair enough, I'd have to use it in milsim or comsim but there's not many serious milsim skimishers around here, there's Stirling Airsoft over by brecon which could be interesting, cost a bomb to get there though.

I know what you mean but its not really a huge problem in airsoft

Fair enough, not even in serious competitions? If airsoft has serious comps..

• Supporters

Yea not many serious milsimers here either a bunch of ladys could do better in my opinion but we will be doing one milsim and were all being issued pvs14 (and here the jaws hit the floor) sadly its invite only i would invite some off you guys but we are iin the north east of scotland the best milsim is the berget one in sweden which me and my team are taking a roadtrip to so we can take our purpose built vehicles lol

Yea not many serious milsimers here either a bunch of ladys could do better in my opinion but we will be doing one milsim and were all being issued pvs14 (and here the jaws hit the floor) sadly its invite only i would invite some off you guys but we are iin the north east of scotland the best milsim is the berget one in sweden which me and my team are taking a roadtrip to so we can take our purpose built vehicles lol

Sweet, mind if I ask how you get into a team and get up tournaments, etc?

• Supporters

No really teams are just a bunch of like minded players structered like it is in the military but for less people you say right if you want to go higher than private you have to learn first aid and so on so forth so they put time and money into makeing the team better but you never have anyone with the same rank in the same fireteam.

Tournaments well kind of similar to milsims but are usually hard to do because teams rarely get as big as a section so structure it around survival but to make them confront eachother give other objectives like go find and protect this person for the rest of the game and each of them have different objectives but are working against the other teams to prevent them surviving and completing their objectives.

If you want to know more just ask i plan on putting a guide up but i dont know when it will get done as its takeing a back seat while i design possible field layouts and look for sites to make them!

No really teams are just a bunch of like minded players structered like it is in the military but for less people you say right if you want to go higher than private you have to learn first aid and so on so forth so they put time and money into makeing the team better but you never have anyone with the same rank in the same fireteam.

Tournaments well kind of similar to milsims but are usually hard to do because teams rarely get as big as a section so structure it around survival but to make them confront eachother give other objectives like go find and protect this person for the rest of the game and each of them have different objectives but are working against the other teams to prevent them surviving and completing their objectives.

If you want to know more just ask i plan on putting a guide up but i dont know when it will get done as its takeing a back seat while i design possible field layouts and look for sites to make them!

Ah I see, I figured you'd have 2 fire teams/platoon and carry out objectives such as strike packages/recover supply drops/destroy the convoy and teams from all over the world could compete for stakes, etc.

Do you own any current sites?

• Supporters

Unfortunately no im only 18 and away to try join the army as a combat engineer but its something im doing on the side to get money hopefully to give to help for heroes or atleast what my end revenue is most will go to help for heroes

• Supporters

But if i do set one up a notice will be put up to try organise something for everyone to come up for a bunch of free games and give me feedback on the design.

Unfortunately no im only 18 and away to try join the army as a combat engineer but its something im doing on the side to get money hopefully to give to help for heroes or atleast what my end revenue is most will go to help for heroes

Take it from me, as much as Help For Heroes is an important charity - keep your wages, I'm not sure if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick but you will need it when you get out. If you're going into the sappers then you'll come out with something to show for your time but you won't get any jobs for a while. You'll need cash when you get out.

• Supporters

Well thanks ill keep it under my hat i understand where your comeing from but i will obviously keep a bit for my self aswell after all i would have done most of it myself so a little reward is due like.

Well thanks ill keep it under my hat i understand where your comeing from but i will obviously keep a bit for my self aswell after all i would have done most of it myself so a little reward is due like.

Looks like OD is the way to go then haha. Need some more people with a lot of cash to invest in Airsoft to create more environments like maybe an Iraq/Afganistan type environment. (IE: sh*t and sand)

definately OD. especially in the UK, I'm getting mine in OD.

I also think the OD does definately look better then tan. The tans too light for my liking and everyone is trying to look all deserty atm. Thats why I've gone for more of a jungle/forest look.

definately OD. especially in the UK, I'm getting mine in OD.

I also think the OD does definately look better then tan. The tans too light for my liking and everyone is trying to look all deserty atm. Thats why I've gone for more of a jungle/forest look.

Yeah I guess, OD works with the rest of my gear too (DPM, Black boots, black gloves, black eye cover) and can get some cam cream on the go :D Just used to wearing tan so much I learnt to like it haha. Pretty useless in the UK.

Did someone say multicam? Oh yes that was me! One camo for every situation/site you could go to in the UK. My loadout is 90% multicam atm :)

Archived