Recommendations for a budget AK?

Spandex

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My son wants an AK now my UKARA is through. What would you recommend preferably under £160 but max of £200.....?

He wants the classic (but all black) AK look rather than a keymod barrel. Looking at AK74's.....

Also the best sight attachment for it? Thanks.

I’ve never messed with the VFC clones, what’s the advantage over the TM do you think?

The two TM cloned versions perform awesome for just under 100 beans each:

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

I’ve never messed with the VFC clones, what’s the advantage over the TM do you think?

The two TM cloned versions perform awesome for just under 100 beans each:

THE VFC clones are MUCH better made. The TM clones are as creaky and plastic as the TM originals. (for reference I owned a Cyma 045 for a while and it was built like a tank, had to fix my friends 028 and it was horrible).

10 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

The fit, finish and realism (if that's your 'thing').

The Cyma CM035 and CM045 look nearly identical (metal receivers etc), but the '35 is TM-Based, and the '45 VFC-based.

Little things just off the top of my head -  there's no little screws holding the front of the gun on to the receiver ('35), instead there is a front trunnion actually riveted to the receiver - a stout through-pin (and retaining grub screw) holds it all together. CM045 uses a legit stamped steel lower receiver, whereas the CM035 uses cast potmetal (Zamak/Mazak).

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Spandex said:

Thanks for the replies, I am guessing this will be OK, if somewhat over budget!

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-040c-ak-tactical-full-metal-rifle?pv=2730

If you can find it elsewhere pretty much everyone else sells it around or under £200.

I thought your son wanted the classic AK74 look?

We generally advise to avoid such shops but when you know what you're getting...

Cyma CM048 - AK74 Airsoft Rifle AEG in Real Wood - bbguns4less

Or contact here to find out order time

CYMA CM.048M AK47 Airsoft AEG - Real Wood - Airsoft Direct

Edited by EDcase

Just now, EDcase said:

We do advise to avoid such shops but when you know what you're getting...

Cyma CM048 - AK74 Airsoft Rifle AEG in Real Wood - bbguns4less

Stick it your basket - wait a day or two and they will send a discount code.

They have an E&L '74U for a reasonable price ATM (£240).

Whilst I wouldn't recommend any shop with 'BB Gun' in their company name to new players, I wouldn't be too bothered about ordering from such a vendor myself.

Yes, BBGuns4Less you can leave it in basket for 24 hours and they'll send a coupon code for 5% off.

So you could get it for £208.95

Edited by EDcase

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

THE VFC clones are MUCH better made. The TM clones are as creaky and plastic as the TM originals. (for reference I owned a Cyma 045 for a while and it was built like a tank, had to fix my friends 028 and it was horrible).

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

The fit, finish and realism (if that's your 'thing').

The Cyma CM035 and CM045 look nearly identical (metal receivers etc), but the '35 is TM-Based, and the '45 VFC-based.

Little things just off the top of my head

Good to know!

So, being that I’m not an AK expert, THIS model is TM spec, yes? I matched the hop unit specs to TM, so I assumed these were TM clones (creaky as anything 😁), but it’s possible I’m wrong and VFC uses the same spec as well…

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

So, being that I’m not an AK expert, THIS model is TM spec, yes? I matched the hop unit specs to TM, so I assumed these were TM clones (creaky as anything 😁), but it’s possible I’m wrong and VFC uses the same spec as well…

That's the dirt cheap bag of dicks range. Released quite a while later to give an even more "budget" range.

I recently got CM028U which I am rather enjoying so far, decent quality for the price and shoots rather nicely.

A bit more moolah gets you metal bodies and wood but you pays your money and takes your choice.

I have a CM040 and can confirm that it is a solid gun that you can use straight out of the box.

I run mine on 7.4v lipos and it is reasonably snappy.

I use mid cap mags which you can find dirt cheap at various airsoft dealers.

If I didn't already have a TM AKM (the GBBR one), I'd definitely pick myself up a cm048m. Cyma AKs are really nice, though it's great to know which ones are great and which ones aren't so great, thanks @Skara

The 045s are particularly sturdy.  That said, my battered brace of 028s is still going strong, if creaking a lot.  The VFC clones feel so much more solid though.  

Go a bit more and  maybe get a specna arms with the aster already built in . Pretty much interchange with all other parts from other models and brands . Comes with two mags . Tight bore barrel . And aster with decent torque motor as standard . I managed to pick one up from patrol base for £180 before they realised they put them on sale for wrong price earlier in years ( should have been £250 ish ) lol 😂

I have a Cyma 042 and 045A, both of which are absolutely solid, have steel and wood construction, easy to find mags for and perform beautifully straight out of the box.

They're both around the £200 mark and are where I'd be looking if I were you.

20220126_164102.thumb.jpg.11cc0d7305dd655f667dd7e69d67a859.jpg20220401_104352.thumb.jpg.2315fdde3720109487cc01c6885883d3.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.