Airsoft boots - what to buy? (Was in the 'how did your day go' thread)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

42 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Bridgedale Trekker socks, 1000 Mile socks or Thorlo Light Hiker socks would be my recommendation. Don't cheap out on socks, it's a false economy. If you want better pricing, get a GoOutdoors membership (like £5 a year or something) and get discount on EVERYTHING they sell.

1000 mile socks are great.  As an alternative, I have been using these for walking, airsoft and everyday use for years and have covered an awful lot of miles in them: https://tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/product/tuc141251954

Well that's done it, those Iturri Desert boots that I missed out on yesterday have popped back up on eBay.   I made an offer of £35 and it's been accepted, so I should get them in time for the next skirmish, or indeed the next trip to the pub 😋🍻

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-Brown-Iturri-Desert-Boots-Size-10L-Bushcraft-Wildcamping-/374741970759

Thanks everyone for all your valuable input 👍. I know I tend to overthink my Airsoft purchases, but to me all this research is good fun in itself 🤓

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Added link to eBay listing

I’m a little late here, but if you ever want to spend the beans, the Salomon Crosshikes are amazing—by far the best shoe I’ve ever used. I hike difficult/steep/wet terrain with some frequency throughout the Americas and Europe.

I ate through my Keen boots after a trip to the Rockies, and the Salomons have lasted over a year of use at this point, which is really considering my track record with hiking/outdoors shoes.

they also weigh something like 1kg total for the pair…

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Well that's done it, those Iturri Desert boots that I missed out on yesterday have popped back up on eBay.   I made an offer of £35 and it's been accepted, so I should get them in time for the next skirmish, or indeed the next trip to the pub 😋🍻

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-Brown-Iturri-Desert-Boots-Size-10L-Bushcraft-Wildcamping-/374741970759

Thanks everyone for all your valuable input 👍. I know I tend to overthink my Airsoft purchases, but to me all this research is good fun in itself 🤓

Excellent!  I have been wearing mine today.  I only own one pair of shoes, which are for when I have to wear black tie.  I own 17 pairs of issue boots.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I only own one pair of shoes, which are for when I have to wear black tie.

People meet the monarch wearing issue boots.

18 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I own 17 pairs of issue boots.

Is it possible that you have a boots issue? 🤔

20 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

I only own one pair of shoes, which are for when I have to wear black tie.  I own 17 pairs of issue boots.

1936435306_BigBoots.jpg.ad7e46b0bf20b1803834d7152d9a228d.jpg

1 hour ago, Dan Robinson said:

I've ordered a pair of 13M Iturri desert boots for myself....  Hopefully they'll come tomorrow for pewing Sunday.

If they're shit, we'll go round to that Colin bloke's house and sort him ahhhhhhhhhhhhht!

21 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If they're shit, we'll go round to that Colin bloke's house and sort him ahhhhhhhhhhhhht!

Fair enough.  I will be near Milton Keynes on Thursday; ask your second to contact mine to make the arrangements.

Game of good old fashioned Mercy? 

I was champion at that. 

Anyway, new boots arrived and fit nicely. 

Problem is.... The boy got tackled at school yesterday playing American football.  Ie when I grew up "sissy rugby", and occasionally, rugby league with body armour. 

Anyway.  The big softy had a bad sprain to his wrist and the doctor said no airsoft or drumming. 

Now I could be a big meany pants and go alone, but I'm not that much of a barsteward. 😜

Looks like I'm going to miss at least half of next week's Spec Ops skirmish, I'm going down to Brighton on Friday night to see a band.  Likely staying over in London.  But I can't wait long for my 'fix' so I'm going to try to be there for the afternoon... I want to try out the SIG 552 and the new boots 😄

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ooh, a duel, what we going for? Slapsies? Handbags at 20 paces?

It would have been the traditional way: throwing blancmanges at each other from the baskets of hot air balloons.  It is how I repeatedly duel with my mortal foe, Roger the Welshman (that isn't an instruction).

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Game of good old fashioned Mercy? 

I was champion at that. 

Anyway, new boots arrived and fit nicely. 

Problem is.... The boy got tackled at school yesterday playing American football.  Ie when I grew up "sissy rugby", and occasionally, rugby league with body armour. 

Anyway.  The big softy had a bad sprain to his wrist and the doctor said no airsoft or drumming. 

Now I could be a big meany pants and go alone, but I'm not that much of a barsteward. 😜

I am pleased to hear about the boots.

Go and play, and tell him what a brilliant day you had :).  Hope he recovers rapidly.

On 09/06/2023 at 11:31, Rogerborg said:

People meet the monarch wearing issue boots.

Is it possible that you have a boots issue? 🤔

I very definitely have an issue boots issue, and I don't care:).

I have worn black tie with black issued German boots; nobody seemed to notice.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Colin Allen said:

It would have been the traditional way: throwing blancmanges at each other from the baskets of hot air balloons.

Ahh yes, the french style, can't go wrong with a classic.

19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ahh yes, the french style, can't go wrong with a classic.

Indeed, monsieur.

Wasn't there someone who always agreed to duel, but then specified Claymore swords of a type that were so heavy that neither combatant would be able to lift them, and specified the location as a coal cellar (with no lights) 🤣     

1 hour ago, Colin Allen said:

I have worn black tie with black issued German boots

Haha are you me? 

55 minutes ago, Gryph said:

Haha are you me? 

Yes, but it has taken you until now to realise. 😈

I should’ve mentioned this in my first post; on socks, check for the % that’s actually wool, which is much more telling than price or branding.

My father has decided that he’s truly a sock snob, and as such will only wear Smartwool socks that cost around 20 beans per pair.

I’m not that rich, so mine cost me eight. Take a guess whose have the higher wool content.

I must admit I cheaped out, and bought a pair off eBay.  £4 for a pair, but they do have some merino wool in there.  Just not very much 🤣. Well, 35% wool and 15% cotton too.  I wonder if the wool will be proper Merino though!

I thought I'd try them, and then go buy some good ones if my first day out with them gives me sore or smelly feet

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I must admit I cheaped out, and bought a pair off eBay.  £4 for a pair,

🤣

It’s impossible to overestimate the value of cheap.

1 hour ago, Leo Greer said:

I should’ve mentioned this in my first post; on socks, check for the % that’s actually wool, which is much more telling than price or branding.

My father has decided that he’s truly a sock snob, and as such will only wear Smartwool socks that cost around 20 beans per pair.

I’m not that rich, so mine cost me eight. Take a guess whose have the higher wool content.

Your dad maybe a sock snob, but i'm turning into a boxer short snob after the last heat wave...  I now have a growing collection of under crackers from Sheath and they've made running around in the heat much more comfortable. 

https://www.sheathunderwear.com/

Bear in mind I'm a plumber (hvac engineer) so working in heat is uncomfortable all year round. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

"Sheath"

:Snigger:

Blimey, those things seem to have separate places for everything.  I have questions, but I don't ever want to hear the answers 😅

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

6 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Your dad maybe a sock snob, but i'm turning into a boxer short snob after the last heat wave...  I now have a growing collection of under crackers from Sheath and they've made running around in the heat much more comfortable. 

https://www.sheathunderwear.com/

Bear in mind I'm a plumber (hvac engineer) so working in heat is uncomfortable all year round. 

I work as a roofer. Long sleeves, cotton jeans, 100+ degree heat… if I’m lucky I’m not in the attic (make that 170 degrees)…

… I feel your pain brother. I might need those underwear.

I love how they say “eye catching waistband designs”, like you’re gonna be showing off your sheath and bawhlux to everyone who’s walking by.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.