custom g19 low fps, any ideas? Black gas?

Jp-92

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a custom glock 19 which only shoots around 240fps on .25s could I use black gas in it to get more fps or would I damage anything and is there anything else I can do to get higher fps ? Would Nineball high flow mag valves help ? Parts list of my glock below… thanks for any help! 

guarder complete lower

guarder aluminium slide

guarder inner barrel/hop unit kit

maple leaf bucking 

Nineball laylax Neo fixed outer barrel 

Nineball laylax gas routers in mags 

Nineball laylax dyna piston 

cow cow blowback housing

cow cow nozzle

cow cow recoil spring 

Edited by Jp-92

• Jp-92 changed the title to custom g19 low fps, any ideas? Black gas?

What's your fps on 0.20? I think Marui G19 (either gen. 3 or 4) is notorious about being a low FPS gun even on green gas (as stock) but I've only watched videos about this gun on YT. Never had one actually for the same reason.

A heavier alu slide isn't gonna help either when you have fps issues already.

You could swap your inner barrel for a longer one (within reason let's say 106mm instead of an 87mm). I've gained about +20 fps because of it on my G26 but ofc you have to hide it with a tracer or dummy supressor.

Black gas is gonna put more strain on your internals so use it at your own risk.

Nineball high flow mag valve is a big question mark to be honest. 

Edited by Krisz

2 hours ago, Krisz said:

What's your fps on 0.20? I think Marui G19 (either gen. 3 or 4) is notorious about being a low FPS gun even on green gas (as stock) but I've only watched videos about this gun on YT. Never had one actually for the same reason.

A heavier alu slide isn't gonna help either when you have fps issues already.

You could swap your inner barrel for a longer one (within reason let's say 106mm instead of an 87mm). I've gained about +20 fps because of it on my G26 but ofc you have to hide it with a tracer or dummy supressor.

Black gas is gonna put more strain on your internals so use it at your own risk.

Nineball high flow mag valve is a big question mark to be honest. 

It’s about 265 I think on .2s, Thanks for your reply mate! 

Edited by Jp-92

10 hours ago, Jp-92 said:

It’s about 265 I think on .2s, Thanks for your reply mate! 

Hm that's very low indeed. Is 265 on green gas?

There is only so much you can do about a good air seal on a gbb and you did it already.

You could try a 6.01 tight inner barrel as well.

I had fitment issues with my dyna piston head on my G26 so you could try to swap it back to the original one if you've still got it. 

Personally I would use the original marui plastic slide and a longer inner barrel for now if you're dead set on getting a bit more out of it.

Edited by Krisz

265 on a marui pistol probably isnt far off the usual mark, how does the pistol shoot as is now, range accuracy wise ? You can go up a gas, or use propane if you want, probably wont make anything explode

I suppose you’re using gg now? In that case which one?

You could try using a more powerful kind of gg. I use ultrair 140 psi with good results.

You could also try putting a thin shim ”above” the bbu to improve the gas seal. Sometimes it works a charm and sometimes everything turns crap.

But the first thing I would do is to reinstall the original TM bbu and hopup and chrono it. Take it from there.

Edited by theSwede

That's about right for a marui g19 tbh, my TM G17 does about 265 on .25s but that's only because it has a longer barrel than the g19. You could fit a longer inner barrel and it conceal it with a tracer or even just the thread adapter that comes with the laylax outer barrel you have

As above, 265fps on a 0.20g is spot on for a TM G19 which only has an 84mm inner barrel and there aren't really any upgrades to get it much above that. The TM V10 Ultra Compact is only 230 - 240fps on a 0.20g.

Do you really need more though?

Owner of multiple Glock 19s here.

WE magazines as TM magazines done have high flow valves installed.

If you want to keep the magazines you have it's easy to remove the valves and file the hole a little larger also.

Add a longer barrel, even using a tight silencer increases FPS as there's a longer space for the gas to expand/push through.

Tightbore barrel

140% hammer spring

20230325_223958.jpg

20230319_134248.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.