Hi capa 4.3 new slide fitment issue

Rm29

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right I’m fairly new to airsoft especially messing with stuff. 

I got hold of the new am hive slide 4.3.  

I’ve removed the original (with all internals) and just tried to rack the new slide.  It’s tight, very tight tighter than a tight thing…… You get the idea. 

looked around online, states the 5.1 can be tighter.  But after a bit it will loosen/settle.  

well I sat there for an hr plus pulling up /down.  It’s smoother for the first part now, however it doesn’t reach the slide lock as it’s too stiff.  I can physically get it there but it need a push on the back of the slide to release it.  Like I said it’s tight!

Any ideas?

I’ll pop a picture up later but hopefully you know what I mean. 

mot moves freely from these two points image.thumb.jpg.2e5245388f85c88587a645f727e2b090.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.60f2de423af6f737fe026ad6318b679f.jpgwell a little bit further passed the above picture

image.thumb.jpg.d032728e88824f773013cbeaca54b26a.jpg

I want the frame to lock so need to go to here but I have to use my palm to get it out of this position. I push it from the hammer end

37 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

Your just going to have to either fettle the slide or frame or both . 

look for the wear marks forming already , that will tell you where it’s binding up the worst .

so I carefully file the marks on the frame?

Edited by Rm29

1 minute ago, Rm29 said:

so I carefully file the marks on the frame?

In basic terms yes , a little at a time . Lapping stones come in handy here rather than aggressive filing which would then need polishing out .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.