Battery life...

gavinkempsell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

11 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Excellent, looking forward to seeing you again Dan :)
It's Monday though (the 29th).   I hope that's what you meant!

Have you checked the hop rubber is all in one piece and the hop is being applied properly?

Sunday 4th we're coming up... SWMBO is leaving the country for good on Tuesday and i won't be seeing her until Christmas - might have an svu inserted somewhere uncomfortable if  I came pewing on her last weekend 😱😱😱😱😱🔫

Might take a bit of tech time though. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

• Supporters
15 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

11.1v Titan Li-Ion 16C.

11.1v Li-Po 30C

We'd need to know the Ah to work out A = Ah x C.

THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

27 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

I did put in a good word at Spearmint Rhino for you so fingers crossed.

I hear that Mr Prigozhin is looking for new staff. 

55 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

We'd need to know the Ah to work out A = Ah x C.

HERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

Alright Spock, cool your jets 😁

3000 for the Titan

1400 for the Crazypony

The Titan site says the 16C is equivalent to 30C on a 1400 Li-po, and the RoF did seem to bear that out.

However I'll declare I've no skin in this game.  I wouldn't buy another Titan because I had trouble with a couple dying irreparably after leaving them in the gun overnight, after draining them close to empty during the day.  But the Titan I've got now has been fine so I continue to use it.  And the company deserve props because they did replace them, as per their guarantee.

2 hours ago, Dan Robinson said:

Sunday 4th we're coming up... SWMBO is leaving the country for good on Tuesday and i won't be seeing her until Christmas - might have an svu inserted somewhere uncomfortable if  I came pewing on her last weekend 😱😱😱😱😱🔫

Can anyone recommend a suitable Abbey lubricant, just in case?  

2 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Alright Spock, cool your jets 😁

3000 for the Titan

1400 for the Crazypony

The Titan site says the 16C is equivalent to 30C on a 1400 Li-po, and the RoF did seem to bear that out.

However I'll declare I've no skin in this game.  I wouldn't buy another Titan because I had trouble with a couple dying irreparably after leaving them in the gun overnight, after draining them close to empty during the day.  But the Titan I've got now has been fine so I continue to use it.  And the company deserve props because they did replace them, as per their guarantee.

Can anyone recommend a suitable Abbey lubricant, just in case?  

Negative Luke's famous "special mixture"?

11 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I wouldn't buy another Titan because I had trouble with a couple dying irreparably after leaving them in the gun overnight, after draining them close to empty during the day.

@RostokMcSpoonsWas that in one of your Double Eagles? If yes one thing I find really bad with the Falcon controller is its battery management, and I asked DE about this and got a reply, and if left connected the Falcon does drain batteries substantially more than the big name controllers and will take each cell down below 3 volts (where you enter the zone of killing cells / no return). I left a Li-Po in one of my DE's ages ago and it totally killed it, nicely puffed up, and I've been ultra careful at the end of the day since then.

A GATE Titan in another of my AEG's can have a battery left in it for days and drain almost nothing.

3 minutes ago, Fatboy40 said:

one thing I find really bad with the Falcon controller is its battery management,

Can't expect much from a gun already punching above it's price class. I think it's pretty admirable that they got an optical ETU functional and in production for the cost they released at, when the likes of G&G, Evolution, Cyma et al are still using microswitch-actuated ETUs.

Don't get me wrong - cost compromises have been made in some places - the bushings on my M904G are very roughly finished and the GB is a touch 'wide' (I had to use nearly 40x 0.1mm shims to stop the gears rattling like maracas) but I think they've done a decent enough job all round. 

It's crazy to think you could pick up a 904 for around £120, in the (g)olden days.

They're still brilliant value given everything is so much more expensive (and it's all relative, innit)

Just now, RostokMcSpoons said:

It's crazy to think you could pick up a 904 for around £120, in the (g)olden days.

They're still brilliant value given everything is so much more expensive (and it's all relative, innit)

I still kick myself for not picking one up when they first released on TG for £114. 

Luckily, the (as new) one I bought a few weeks was part of airsoft retirement kit bundle, so once I offloaded the stuff I didn't want it cost me less than £100. Quite please with that.

48 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I still kick myself for not picking one up when they first released on TG for £114. 

Luckily, the (as new) one I bought a few weeks was part of airsoft retirement kit bundle, so once I offloaded the stuff I didn't want it cost me less than £100. Quite please with that.

Wow, that's quite the bargain!   

I've picked up some nice guns from Action Hobbies' boneyard for around the same level... if a DE popped up at the same price I'd have a hard time resisting buying it "just in case", but it's silly really, my 906 being my most reliable gun why would I actually need a second? 

Back to the topic, I guess Fatboy's post makes it clear that the problem with the Titans was definitely down to the rifle, I might buy another of their batteries again after all.  

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I actually need a second? 

I ask myself that when I look at the stack of ICS M4s I've got. I enjoy working on them - and built one from literally spare parts - but do I need 5? Of course not. But it's good to have spares, right? 😜

3 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

why would I actually need a second? 

Go sit on the corner and think about what you posted😁. If x is the number of guns you need and y is the number of guns you have then we all know  x=y+1

2 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Go sit on the corner and think about what you posted😁. If x is the number of guns you need and y is the number of guns you have then we all know  x=y+1

In mitigation, I am currently considering which quite, or even hugely, expensive gas blowback rifle to buy...  I'm still looking for the +1 😋.  Buying another DE would just be a distraction from choosing from one of these...

TM AKX

VFC FAL

VFC HK53

VFC SIG Rattler

VFC or TM MP7

(I think I'll have to start a separate thread on good options for my next GBBR)

Whelp - I am officially looking for a G&G L85 with Defence Rail.  Tempted to look at the Aries A3, but you lot have scared me off - looks like x=y+1 is an Airsoft axiom

53 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Whelp - I am officially looking for a G&G L85 with Defence Rail.  Tempted to look at the Aries A3, but you lot have scared me off - looks like x=y+1 is an Airsoft axiom

Do not, under any circumstances, buy the Ares.  

ICS is a nice way to go for L85’s if you can live with the weird trigger switch.  I’ve done lots to mine, but if I had a proper look in the mirror all it really needed was the Warhead motor, English Kiwi Hop, and a spring.  It runs a V2 gearbox for bits so they’re easy to get hold of.

I had a Star L85 which I absolutely loved, but I wore the thing out with about 250k rounds through it and a new ICS was cheaper than a complete overhaul of the Star (now Ares).  The only issues I had with the Star in all of it’s time was a tappet plate and a motor, both of which I expect to go with that amount of use and abuse.

On 25/05/2023 at 08:47, Fatboy40 said:

I'd better sell the 4x 3,000 mAh 11.1v Titan and 2x 3,000 mAh 11.1v Valken Li-Io's that my son and I use then in our AEG's and DMR, the good RPS we get in them then must mean my chrono is broken, and what see when playing is just an optical illusion.

On 25/05/2023 at 09:09, RostokMcSpoons said:

I must have got one of the same bad chrono's too, that 16rps it's showing for my DE must be a lie!

On 25/05/2023 at 10:46, RostokMcSpoons said:

Just tested my DE, it's now at 15 rps on my 11.1v Titan Li-Ion 16C.

And it's the same 15 rps on my Crazepony 11.1v Li-Po 30C

More damnable lies from broken chrono, obviously!

I just hate broken chronos too! It confused me until I learned that "RPS" stood for "Rocks Per Second".

But, in all seriousness, would anyone here believe me if I made a video chronoing a series of increasingly stressful builds on a 18650 Li-ion (the cells that Titan uses), a Crazepony 1400 x 30C, and then compare those with various other LiPos?

Titan uses Sony VTC6 18650 cells, which have a known discharge rate. No clue on earth where they got 16C! (they literally use THESE)

To one point, the power y'all are shooting at is lower in the UK, hence less energy needed. But, I do have to ask, did any of y'all test with something other than a Titan Li-ion or Crazepony LiPo? Without a control what good is it to say you have "good RPS"? Without knowing the motor specs for the DE, who's to say that 15 RPS isn't low? (or maybe it's high 😄)

I also sent an email to Titan them asking some questions straight up, so I'll share their return email when/if they answer.

Just tried my Turnigy 11.1v 1200 mAH 25C

0.1 RPS slower than the Titan

😐. Sorry if the empirical results don't quite match the spec sheets, and your expectations, but there ya go.  Airsoft is indeed a funny old game

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.