More Moderators for the Forum?

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

+1 on some more mods, even if they only have the powers to banish the spam bots etc as they pop up, this mornings antics were crazy. 

17 hours ago, Tommikka said:

How about a paintballing airsoft moderator ???

Would you consider to quit airsoft and play paintball instead?

Edited by Krisz

• Head Moderator
6 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

No - I'm not volunteering - but there are very well established, high post count members that visit daily that would probably be very good in the role.

I did not volunteer either, just made the mistake of raising clever ideas...

And then accepting the invite to help out the original Mod team.

I'm on this forum an unhealthy amount of time, clicking the 'unread' button like a lab rat addicted to amphetamines.

So I'll volunteer to be an anti spam moderator, might as well make the compulsion vaguely useful 😋

4 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm on this forum an unhealthy amount of time, clicking the 'unread' button like a lab rat addicted to amphetamines.

So I'll volunteer to be an anti spam moderator, might as well make the compulsion vaguely useful 😋

As long  as dodgy ideas about red-dots don’t count as spam, I’d vote for ya 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Whoever reported the most spam should be promoted to janitor 😆

Interesting you say that because I tried to report each of the shit posters yesterday, and perhaps I've gone blind or stupid, but couldn't find a way to do it.

12 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Interesting you say that because I tried to report each of the shit posters yesterday, and perhaps I've gone blind or stupid, but couldn't find a way to do it.

Three dots on top right of a post 👉

Can't be done from the activity list, you have to click on a post to see the dots.  

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I hear "seconded".

Really, @Speedbird_666 is who I want to be when I grow up.

images (50).jpg

Honestly, I’m done.

I’ll be back when authentication is in place to be more effective. This morning is ridiculous 🤬

Mental this morning.

I have reported as much as I can (20 or 30) - but it was like whack-a-mole with new threads springing up. Classifieds is a mess.

I nominate @Tackle , @Rogerborg and @rocketdogbert - three of the most prolific forums users ATM that use the forums daily. 

Doesn't even have to a full-blown moderator status - just a 'mini-mod' role with the power to Nerf spam threads.

Handbag fights that need an adult to intervene would still be be covered by @Jedi_Master

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Really, @Speedbird_666 is who I want to be when I grow up.

No Mr Borg - YOU are the hero we need right now...time to don the cape. 

• Root Admin

New registrations are suspended until this can be figured out. Clearly the question and answer challenge has been solved and shared somewhere.

47 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Looks like it's time for keyword or national/regional IP blocking.

Unfortunately most are smart enough to use a VPN. Keyword blocking is something I'm trying via Cleantalk, but for whatever reason it doesn't appear to always be working.
These spam posts are usually deleted within an hour but some are done at 4am when no one with current moderation powers is around.

New moderators: it's one of the options that I'm looking into now. I'll post here with an update.

9 hours ago, EDcase said:

Three dots on top right of a post 👉

Thanks, I was still in the 'unread' summary view so didn't get the option menu for each post.  D'oh!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.