NAF β€˜23

Is anyone here going?

Theres a small squad of us heading down from Edinburgh (around 20 of us)

More for the social and a weekend away than the gameplay which I am led to believe is a bit NAFF πŸ™„

Β 

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

I'm going.πŸ™‚

All paid up and ready.πŸ‘

Β 

Are you bringing @RogerborgΒ lol

Β 

regardsΒ 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/06/2023 at 12:08, Skullchewer said:

At NAF? No way. 20 round mags against 3000 people not calling their hits?

I'll be rocking something with a drum mag.Β 

Aww ya big Puff

I’ll be taking my gbbr and it’s 40 round mags

And my shotgun πŸ˜‚

(maybe quietly taking my aeg out for when I realise I’m needing to actually hit someone )Β 

What team are you guys?

We areΒ  Bravo and have been since we started.

Β 

RegardsΒ 

6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Otters. I mean others.Β 

Haha.

If it's like last year you definitely will be otter πŸ₯΅

6 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Otters. I mean others.Β 

If you see a tired,bulging old dude struggling up a hill or struggling down a hill, give him a break and shoot something else. It's probably me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

I'll be there doing my thing. Might play the Sunday see how it goes.

Hiya bud.

It's gonna be expensive to just play Sunday game or have you got a pitch in the main arena or something?

Β 

RegardsΒ 

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Hiya bud.

It's gonna be expensive to just play Sunday game or have you got a pitch in the main arena or something?

Β 

RegardsΒ 

Yep, I'll be busy working the Fri-Sat.Β  Did a bit of the Sunday game last year but I wasn't feeling it. My own fault tbf. Mans gotta let his hair down after all the hard work πŸ˜€. Ended up painting a lot of guns, which I wasn't expecting. Would have worked more on the Sunday but had ran out of most of my paint and all my pre made kit. Also had to get off early.

Ok yeah we stopped by to chat last year.

My mate was looking to get a gat sprayed but you were nearly out of paint.

Wil look out for you this year.πŸ™‚

Β 

RegardsΒ 

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Ok yeah we stopped by to chat last year.

My mate was looking to get a gat sprayed but you were nearly out of paint.

Wil look out for you this year.πŸ™‚

Β 

RegardsΒ 

Nice one. Should get on the main path next to the London Ghosts pitch this year. Also have my proper banner, few people didn't manage to find me despite my excellent signage.

Edited by heroshark

Skullchewer August itinerary:
5th to 7th: Friend's 50th birthday blowout weekend
10th to 14th: Bloodstock festival
18th to 20th: Rabidfest
25th to 27th: NAF

Β 

I apologise in advance if you meet me and I am not at full operating capacity, it will be my fourth weekend intoxicated with very little sleep in a row.
Bloodstock is my yearly off my tits in a field, and that usually takes me a week to recover 🀣

Booked and paid months ago.

When I posted about it the thread was met with ridicule... Seems that some don't like NAF...Β 

IMHO it represents great value for money, 3 nights camping at most campsites would charge you Β£25 per night per adult... Most people take the 2 night option which is silly IMHO.

Β 

I guess those that hate don't like to be told that they have to use 0.2g bb's and can't use 0.25's and that their RIFs have to comply to strict limits.

I have turned this into an annual thing I do with my son, he loves it and you can't put a price on that as a memory.

On 25/06/2023 at 08:15, AirSniper said:

Booked and paid months ago.

When I posted about it the thread was met with ridicule... Seems that some don't like NAF...Β 

IMHO it represents great value for money, 3 nights camping at most campsites would charge you Β£25 per night per adult... Most people take the 2 night option which is silly IMHO.

Β 

I guess those that hate don't like to be told that they have to use 0.2g bb's and can't use 0.25's and that their RIFs have to comply to strict limits.

I have turned this into an annual thing I do with my son, he loves it and you can't put a price on that as a memory.

Β 

From reading the rules, it appears everything will be chrono’d on .20’s

I can’t see them enforcing us having to use that weight for playing?

Seems that some don't like NAF...

Β 

Nah - it's the site I don't like. If the NAF was held elsewhere I'd consider giving it a go.

Β 

GZ is only 20mins away from me - there's a good chance that I would only play for a few hours, have a quick look around the trade stalls and then sack the rest of the weekend off as I would have no compelling reason to stay.

Β 

Fair play if it floats your boat though.

Β 

Every year I've thought that NAF sounds like a bag of shit.

This year, however, I've been playing exclusively at Red Alert and the staff there all go every year.Β 

I asked why and they explained you don't go expecting good airsoft.Β 

You go for ridiculous airsoft, the big car boot, and a fun social.Β 

I'm going with them this year, so I'll get to see if it's the shitshow I thought it was, or if its ludicrous enough to be enjoyable in a different way.Β 

Β 

Worst case scenario I get drunk with friends and spend money on second hand rifs I don't need.Β 

Edited by Skullchewer

10 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Every year I've thought that NAF sounds like a bag of shit.

This year, however, I've been playing exclusively at Red Alert and the staff there all go every year.Β 

I asked why and they explained you don't go expecting good airsoft.Β 

You go for ridiculous airsoft, the big car boot, and a fun social.Β 

I'm going with them this year, so I'll get to see if it's the shitshow I thought it was, or if its ludicrous enough to be enjoyable in a different way.Β 

Β 

Worst case scenario I get drunk with friends and spend money on second hand rifs I don't need.Β 

Exactly why we are coming down mate

All be it , with about a 10 hour drive πŸ˜‚

Well that's a new one. As for strict limits, the times I've been chronoing appeared to be almost voluntary. My reasons for not going are that the games are poorly run and the sheer amount of cheating is absolutely ridiculous. Another biggie for me was that the safezone didn't seem that safe to me. I hardly saw anyone clearing their guns before leaving the game zone and many people wandering around with the safety off and a finger on the trigger. I felt it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt from a ND

Β 

17 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

you don't go expecting good airsoft.Β 

This. To me the whole point of going to an airsoft event is the gameΒ 

18 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

a fun social

I do have to agree the social side can be good