where to find TM MP7A1 GBB Front Cap ?

uncleanlatent

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been trying to find a replacement front cap for my broken TM MP7A1 GBB. I've been searching for weeks and have contacted a few re-sellers with no luck. 

It seems to be out of stock everywhere and no one knows when it will be back in stock. 

Does anyone know where I could find this part or who I could contact to see if they could source it? 

Unfortunately, as I'm not Japanese 🙄 I can’t contact Tokyo Marui directly to see if they can provide the part. 

I put many upgrades into my gun and don’t want to write the whole thing off! 

Any pointers would be really helpful!

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 20.51.12.png

Edited by uncleanlatent

Eagle6 seems to be the only place I can find in the UK that consistently has good stock of TM spare parts, especially with the amount of bits Ive needed to try and repair my MP7 (with no success I might add <_<), I need a new hammer chassis and the only place Ive found that has one in stock is in New Zealand. 

So if Eagle6 doesnt have it, youre probably shit outta luck. 

17 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Eagle6 seems to be the only place I can find in the UK that consistently has good stock of TM spare parts, especially with the amount of bits Ive needed to try and repair my MP7 (with no success I might add <_<), I need a new hammer chassis and the only place Ive found that has one in stock is in New Zealand. 

So if Eagle6 doesnt have it, youre probably shit outta luck. 

Thanks, mate! I spoke to Eagle6 and they said it restocks every few months. 

Guess I'll just have to wait and see 🥺.

What's wrong with your MP7? 

not sure if it's any help but the front end on the GBB is exactly the same as the AEP version which means the knock off Well version front end will work as well. Might give you another search option.

9 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

not sure if it's any help but the front end on the GBB is exactly the same as the AEP version which means the knock off Well version front end will work as well. Might give you another search option.

There's none in stock of this alternative, unfortunately :( 

Spoke to a guy who saw my ad on prefired and he's willing to sell one that he has spare...at a mark up of course 😅

On 17/05/2023 at 11:12, uncleanlatent said:

Thanks, mate! I spoke to Eagle6 and they said it restocks every few months. 

Guess I'll just have to wait and see 🥺.

What's wrong with your MP7? 

Suffering from the sleepy trigger issue :( I've tried every single one of the "fixes" you see on youtube/reddit and not one of them has worked, Ive managed to get it from not working at all to working about 50% of the time which obviously isnt good enough. The only fix I've not tried yet is this one 

Which is basically "buy a new hammer chassis and hammer pin" which of course are out of stock  everywhere in the entire world, the only one Ive found in stock is in New Zealand, who want £40 to post a £20 part to the UK... christ. However I have a cunning plan, my next attempt is going to be filling the hole the hammer pin sits in with steel epoxy and drilling it out slightly smaller to stop the hammer pin from twisting. If that doesnt work then Ill suck it up and pay the £40 P&P, ugh.

On the plus side Ive taken it apart and rebuilt it so many times now to try various fixes I can now dissasemble and reassemble it in my sleep.

Edited by Tiercel

Bit of an update. Well, the dude who contacted me with the part sent it, and it arrived today.....unfortunately, he sent me a broken part with the threading completely broken off 😂

I've sent it back to him, and hopefully he's decent enough to refund me LOL. 

I spoke to a guy at RedWolf airsoft and they apparently have a contact in Japan that can source original TM parts! So fingers crossed there's hope yet. 

Pics are the broken part the dude sent me.....

IMG_0623 Large.jpeg

A8065051-58B0-415A-AD1A-3909E739B267 Large.jpeg

IMG_0625 Large.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.