Ics l85a3

thewalkerdead

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It could also be the trigger pack - it's quite a complicated Heath Robinson affair with a long connector rod to disconnect the trigger.

There's a few reports of them wearing out, or just flat out not working in semi. I replaced my neighbour's trigger pack as he was having some issues with the trigger reset. I have his old one on my desk at the moment.

image.png.f97fc992ecc0efdae73bdcb10d4ec4a7.png

The bit where the spring on the underneath of that box sits snapped on mine so I replaced the whole thing.  Is there a way we could change the whole thing for an optical switch?

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It could also be the trigger pack - it's quite a complicated Heath Robinson affair with a long connector rod to disconnect the trigger.

There's a few reports of them wearing out, or just flat out not working in semi. I replaced my neighbour's trigger pack as he was having some issues with the trigger reset. I have his old one on my desk at the moment.

image.png.f97fc992ecc0efdae73bdcb10d4ec4a7.png

Interesting you say that because when his doesn't shoot, there is a much different click from the trigger.  Bearing in mind that I had to remove the unit to get at the grip screw. 

1 hour ago, gavinkempsell said:

Never mind all this technical stuff... My cocking lever fell off & It's never even left my Mancave(not a euphemism).

I call BS 🤣😜

12 minutes ago, Dan Robinson said:

Interesting you say that because when his doesn't shoot, there is a much different click from the trigger.  Bearing in mind that I had to remove the unit to get at the grip screw. 

I call BS 🤣😜

May be an image of knife

Has literally sat here 99% of the time, took it down to check the power of the 7.4 lipo's I've previously mentioned and noticed it wobble then it dropped off (still not a euphemism)

May be an image of text

Ouch. 

Is it because you have them hanging with the handle touching the racks?

I purposely hang mine charging handles out..... 

Compress_20230606_232412_2535.thumb.jpg.fc7629c2b87529f0aa427fd68d352316.jpg

The boy's L85 handle is lose and always has been.... We have a Web page for a spare saved for when it happens 🤣

Here's a slightly better pic, realised my LSW was hidden & I had room to move them down.

I was going to take apart my Carbine to see how it's fitted to see if I can repair it but would 100% botch it so I'l try and be patient.
Saw a Youtuber testing an ICS L85A2 and he had the exact same fault, cocking lever fell off due to the blow back action.

May be an image of text

Nice collection there dude..... I was pondering the l86 myself? 

I didn't know ics did a blowback L85. 

Edited by Dan Robinson

Pretty sure it was solid before I took it down from the wall, and it's always been on a longer rail like seen in the pic

Just now, Dan Robinson said:

Nice collection there dude..... I was pondering the l86 myself? 

I didn't know ics did a blowback L85. 

It's not a BB, but fitting for the handle is the same & same lever (except for the fake insert)

I loves my Bullpups & love the SA80 so try and get a version of each model, on the lookout for a Daniel defence rail A2 & a UGL for it.

On 06/06/2023 at 18:02, RostokMcSpoons said:

That could just be the gearbox locking up in semi, and then getting cleared in full auto (that's a thing with some gearboxes - if you spam semi fast enough... someone please jump in to verify)

Nah, it's not during spam firing.  It just doesnt respond sometimes.  It's my oldest AEG, so betting it's the trigger contacts.  Hazy memory of hearing ics l85's develop reliability issues on semi, from when it got taken for chrono at a site just west of Leicester.  It didn't fire on semi for them

3 hours ago, kasaran said:

Nah, it's not during spam firing.  It just doesnt respond sometimes.  It's my oldest AEG, so betting it's the trigger contacts.  Hazy memory of hearing ics l85's develop reliability issues on semi, from when it got taken for chrono at a site just west of Leicester.  It didn't fire on semi for them

If it’s firing on auto when it’s in semi then the lever on the outside of the gearbox needs replacing.  It’s a super simple (and cheap) repair.  I bought a couple of the levers when I got the last one so I had spares but I think they were about £15 each.

For those that need to know, the ICS [ML 15] L85/86 charging handle set is available to buy, I just bought one for £16 + postage £4.50.

Looks like I bought the last one from FireSupport but plenty other sites sell them (most out of stock just now)

Edit... this isn't for the L85A3, just tried to swop it out & it's totally wrong, looks like it's correct for the A2 tho.

Edited by gavinkempsell

10 hours ago, Duff Beer said:

If it’s firing on auto when it’s in semi then the lever on the outside of the gearbox needs replacing.  It’s a super simple (and cheap) repair.  I bought a couple of the levers when I got the last one so I had spares but I think they were about £15 each.

nope, it just sometimes doesnt fire at all.  full auto works fine.  semi auto only works some of the time

My replacement charging handle has arrived, has anyone seen a disassembly video for the A3? It's certainly built differently to the A2 & I don't want to feck it up trying to replace a bit that broke so easily.

Edited by gavinkempsell

On 11/06/2023 at 01:18, Dan Robinson said:

Not sure if its still in stock, but we have this saved for emergencies:

https://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/products/ics-l85-l86-charging-bolt-handle-set/

This is for the A2 aswell

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.