what did you wish you knew

Guest Iguana tactical

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, SBoardley said:

Still not sold. Just seems you’re looking for short cuts. Anyone in our community that puts up content has earned their knowledge. Badabing, Ollie, negative, 4uad, airsoft Mike. Didn’t see them on here asking for help. 
You need to put in the time mate, Experience is earned. 

To be fair, Airsoft Mike literally just reads the retailer's descriptions while showing himself groping the RIF in a tactical jumpsuit. So...

12 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

To be fair, Airsoft Mike literally just reads the retailer's descriptions while showing himself groping the RIF in a tactical jumpsuit. So...

Indeed: I find very little value in his videos.

Guest Iguana tactical
3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I don't want to rain on your parade too hard, but building a channel now needs something exceptional.  Supply is saturated and there are some great airsoft creators out there who languished in the hundreds (or dozens) of subs and views-per-vid, before just fizzling out.  Even "celebs" like Negative Airsoft get views in the couple of thousands, which means fewer than that watching all the way through.

Is there any particular unique selling point that you're pitching?  This is intended as a constructive question, because unless you're bringing top quality content from day one, you'll probably need some sort of gimmick to distinguish yourself.

From my experience of airsoft in YouTube there’s not a lot of content from the uk and the content that is from the uk is mostly sniping gameplay or unboxings so we’re trying to offer gameplay of things different to sniping 

and we have been doing what we call arsenal reviews where we look at replicas in gameplay cause there’s been a few times I’ve brought a replica based on a unboxing but after using it in gameplay found issues that sometimes lead to me selling off 

yeah I know  using replicas is a pretty subjective area since everyone works differently but it seems a decent concept 

3 hours ago, OTH21 said:

Not to be a debbie-downer, but is your priority producing content or amassing a collection of RIFs? 

You say you've got 23 or so RIFs, unless they were all donations I'd say that you have had the money to get a decent camera set up. Even just a mobile with a tripod is good enough. - that's all Negative Airsoft uses, just a phone suspended by a monkey grip thing above him while he works/berates RIFs. 

The best time to start anything is always 'last year or the year before'. But some get lucky in the algorithm, try and work out a niche in the airsoft YouTube world. There's enough licking shit-stains on the interwebs already.

All the best, and do it for as long as you enjoy it.

It’s not 23 that I individually brought but 23 between me and my brother which we both use with the channel 

and we collected them over a period of time before even starting the channel 

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, Leo Greer said:

But he's super duper enthused about it.  Which is why we know who he is.  And - also to be fair - his videos are also generally well lit, shot and edited.

Mumbly McBlur, not so much.

Guest Iguana tactical
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

But he's super duper enthused about it.  Which is why we know who he is.  And - also to be fair - his videos are also generally well lit, shot and edited.

Mumbly McBlur, not so much.

He also has an office space in which he not his home that’s why I started recording outside lighting tends to be better and there’s less interruptions 

yeah enthusiasm is lacking which is being worked on but it’s a little un fair comparing airsoft mike now to a channel that’s only a year old 

I know I need to make some improvements and I’m working on it and if you have been looking at my videos you’d be able to see I’ve had zero feedback in the form of comments

4 hours ago, Iguana tactical said:

He also has an office space in which he not his home that’s why I started recording outside lighting tends to be better and there’s less interruptions

Maybe you need to get a space where you can work indoors?

5 hours ago, Iguana tactical said:

yeah enthusiasm is lacking which is being worked on but it’s a little un fair comparing airsoft mike now to a channel that’s only a year old 

You are competing with content providers like Airsoft Mike so you are being compared with them.  Moaning that it is unfair is not going to get you anywhere.

5 hours ago, Iguana tactical said:

I know I need to make some improvements and I’m working on it and if you have been looking at my videos you’d be able to see I’ve had zero feedback in the form of comments

Which should tell you something in itself; I suspect that most of your viewers are not watching the videos to the end.  I started watching some and gave up.

You are getting feedback from us but seem determined to find excuses rather than taking the feedback on board.

Some more feedback from me to add to what has already been suggested:

Your gameplay videos make airsoft seem as exciting as washing the dishes; they are more likely to put people off than attract them to the hobby.
Either use a script for your videos or dub the voiceovers in after recording and editing the footage.
Work on your presentation skills and develop your online personality.  We already have Mr I am going to call everything a cunt, Mr massively over enthusiastic, Mr I am just a player on a voyage of discovery every time I open up a gun, and Mr I genuinely am a cunt.  Who are you going to be?

2 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

We already have Mr I am going to call everything a cunt, Mr massively over enthusiastic, Mr I am just a player on a voyage of discovery every time I open up a gun, and Mr I genuinely am a cunt.

Is it fair to list Flicking Cuntstain twice?  

Actually yes it is...😁

If you look at Airsoft GI and (unrelated) Linus Tech Tips and how they developed over the years it should give you confidence to carry on and grow, but as said - take the advice on board... And if following the LTT route - get a hot Asian pharmacist wife (with an even hotter sister) to bank roll you for a few years LOL.

Edited by Dan Robinson

10 hours ago, Iguana tactical said:

I know I need to make some improvements

Yet when told what these improvements are you just whine and make excuses 

Are you seriously trying to say you don't have a single spot you can use? Even if you live with others you should have somewhere, even if it's the corner of a bedroom (tidy up the background first though, nobody wants to see your dirty laundry on the floor). Your video about the snot green pocket pistol disagrees with the bit about filming outside. I'm guessing that was filmed during the middle of the day, try filming closer to sunrise or sunset. Google "the golden hour" in relation to photography to see why.

it’s a little un fair comparing airsoft mike now to a channel that’s only a year old 

Not really. These are the people you're competing with for clicks so the comparison is valid.

One more thing, try using some punctuation in your posts. It'll make then easier to read

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Iguana tactical said:

it’s a little un fair comparing airsoft mike now to a channel that’s only a year old

Losers complain about fairness.  Winners rent a prom queen with the money they make from their channels (or something similar).

if you have been looking at my videos

Why on earth would I do that?

but it’s a little un fair comparing airsoft mike now to a channel that’s only a year old 

I was not comparing you as there is obviously no comparison…. I was giving examples of people who are seemingly doing their own thing to reasonably successful standard. So stop looking for excuses and just do you. Or not, I don’t care. 

2 hours ago, SBoardley said:

@Iguana tacticalare you also @Searria 119? Cus I’m pretty sure you been rumbled. 

Well played!

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Thanks but I'm not sure that's such a good idea

Which is why it's an awesome idea. Mods don't volunteer, they're press-ganged.

What with this and the scammer thread, it's turning into Agatha bloody Christie on here!

In the hope that you take away some useful information forget the RIF's. If you want to push a useful Airsoft video why don't you focus on eye pro, rifle cases ect. You can have the £900 Uber leet hi capa that you have dressed up to look like a cheap two tone, but plenty of people do that. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.