What should be done

Guest Searria 119

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Searria 119

My brother brought a two tone gun from a shop but it’s just arrived non two toned

we’re waiting for the shop to open to tell them but we also have paint in the colour of two tone purchased 

would it be fine to paint it ourselves or do we need to wait and see what the shop says 

10 minutes ago, Alpha.s1 said:

the defence is to buy, owning it doesn’t break any laws , if you’ve bought it and its not two tone then your not going to have a firearms team storm your home over it, as long as your not a dickhead and go waving it around down the street that is

Yeh - this.

The VCRA is about the Import, manufacture and selling of RIFs, not ownership. The defense is to satisfy the seller that you are a legit airsofter.

The seller fucked up - not your problem - you don't need to paint your gun.

Enjoy it - responsibly!, and enjoy the additional resale value when it comes to selling it in future, as two-tone always command lower 2nd hand prices.

Guest Searria 119

Thanks for the advice 

he’s only planning on painting red highlights and has no intentions for selling later 

Sure if you want to paint it for aesthetic reasons for ahead. You have a Realistic Imitation Firearm and you can customise it as you wish. As other said, you can leave it as is too, possession is not regulated and you already possess it :)

• Supporters
On 13/05/2023 at 09:37, Alpha.s1 said:

the defence is to buy

To sell.

I mean, point taken, but let's be absolutely clear that if he's 18+ then there's no offence committed by buying, or attempting to buy, a RIF within the UK.

If he's under 18, someone call the UKARA police.

image.png.21f1d2d9fa3531357cb22b1567d09d9d.png

Guest Searria 119
On 14/05/2023 at 22:15, Rogerborg said:

To sell.

I mean, point taken, but let's be absolutely clear that if he's 18+ then there's no offence committed by buying, or attempting to buy, a RIF within the UK.

If he's under 18, someone call the UKARA police.

image.png.21f1d2d9fa3531357cb22b1567d09d9d.png

He’s my older brother so he’s definitely over 18 so there’s no worries about that element just that neither of us currently has a ukara (we’ve only been playing airsoft for about a year now)

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Searria 119 said:

neither of us currently has a ukara (we’ve only been playing airsoft for about a year now)

Site membership + UKARA takes 8 weeks.

Either way, he's absolutely fine, and doesn't have to do anything other than enjoy his win.

Guest Searria 119
4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Site membership + UKARA takes 8 weeks.

Either way, he's absolutely fine, and doesn't have to do anything other than enjoy his win.

Yeah but we only go once a month and are usually so focused on getting our kit on that we kept forgetting to get site memberships

3 hours ago, Searria 119 said:

Yeah but we only go once a month and are usually so focused on getting our kit on that we kept forgetting to get site memberships

Understandable. I've been going to my current go to site since December and have only just started to get my site membership sorted

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Searria 119 said:

avatars-000081451345-ekmaem-t500x500.jpg.90457776d3453e269d4580cbcad4cd37.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.