Best worst airsoft accesoires

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title suggest, what are the best horrible accesoires you've seen for anything related airsoft? (Think that picatinny mount nutsack).

Pictures related.

Anyone keen on having this particular lady adorning your RIF, go here: https://airsoftdirect.uk.com/spotter-gloria-rail-mounter-iron-site/

Screenshot_20230512-122250_Chrome.jpg

20230512_122514.jpg

Screenshot_20230512-122329_Chrome.jpg

• Supporters

[contraversial take]

Anything noticably 3d printed, especially in an incongruous colour.

"If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"

You've all seen the pews i'm referring to.....

[/Contraversial take]

More realistically, bipods, because very few airsoft pews are capable of actually benefiting from having them fitted and they are otherwise dead weight. Although i suppose for some aesthetics is worth the penalty.

Let's be honest, most accessories are pointless. Foregrips I'm still undecided on, generally I'm pretty old school and prefer a traditional hold but my new AK has one so I'm trying it out. RDS is useful, aside from that the rest is for show 😝 there again so is everything else in airsoft!

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

[contraversial take]

[/Contraversial take]

More realistically, bipods, because very few airsoft pews are capable of actually benefiting from having them fitted and they are otherwise dead weight. Although i suppose for some aesthetics is worth the penalty.

Speak for yourself :P I love my novelty 3D printed iron sights

19e6f544cbb38a7781771a4edabfc11c_preview_featured.jpg

Got them made in glow in the dark material for use in the dark corners of The Mall and they worked brilliantly, and most importantly made me giggle like an immature schoolboy which instantly makes them worth it.

My vote for most useless airsoft accessory, and potentially a spicy take, is MOSCART launchers on guns or standalone... utterly pointless, just dead weight. A big light shower of BBs that dont travel particularly far. If youre close enough to actually hit someone with one, may as well just give them a cheeky little double tap instead. 

Edited by Tiercel

Pistol grenade launcher things, the mini moscart style/burst launcher which sits on a pistols light mount position. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tiercel said:

Proof if there were needed they walk among us....

:P

My vote for most useless airsoft accessory, and potentially a spicy take, is MOSCART launchers on guns or standalone... utterly pointless, just dead weight. A big light shower of BBs that dont travel particularly far. If youre close enough to actually hit someone with one, may as well just give them a cheeky little double tap instead.

Ooh good pick.

Having been on both sending and recieving ends of various gas shells they've always been underwhelming. Even the dreaded 40-mike when used as-intended (ie at some distance, not point-blank to the throat) is thoroughly underwhelming and suffers from airsoft innovations curse of working at best 50% of the time.

Ofc the answer foll will put forward is tags, but from what i've seen of the impact detonating breed of tag (as in insta-boom) that's something that imo has limited place on a regular skirmish.

While we're ranting about boomy things, we can add basically all non-pyro (in this case i count blanks as pyro) grenades, if a good one exists i've not met it.

While I agree with moscarts being useless, I occasionally run an old marui tri shot launcher. Great fun when you can get someone 😀 

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Bought a cheap 2nd hand bipod for my (soon to be) DMR. Played with it for 2 games before I took it off again. Was more of a distraction than a bonus.
Looked very tacti-cool tho...

2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

19e6f544cbb38a7781771a4edabfc11c_preview_featured.jpg

Got them made in glow in the dark material for use in the dark corners of The Mall and they worked brilliantly, and most importantly made me giggle like an immature schoolboy which instantly makes them worth it.

Gonna have to ask for a source here, that's hilarious!
I've got a mate with a 3D printer so I might ask him for a favour in exchange for some cans soon.

I'm just gonna, eventually, end up with all of these picatinny mounts on one horrible rifle, aren't I?

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Bought a cheap 2nd hand bipod for my (soon to be) DMR. Played with it for 2 games before I took it off again. Was more of a distraction than a bonus.
Looked very tacti-cool tho...

The bit i found was when you have a bipod fitted and realise you've just been mono-podding on the magazine the whole game.......

New one for the list: landmines

The sequence of events is as follows:

1. Plant landmine in sneaky spot

2. Inform team of location of landmine, to prevent freindly fire

3. Play game trying to be in vicinty of landmine, to watch the results.

4. One of 2 things happens:

A. Freindly trips landmine, takes hit once he remembers you warned him landmines were a thing

B. Enemy trips landmine, looks around confused, sees mine, plays on anyway

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

While we're ranting about boomy things, we can add basically all non-pyro (in this case i count blanks as pyro) grenades, if a good one exists i've not met it.

Definitely this. All the ones I've seen have the power of a mouse's fart and a toddler could throw a handful of bbs further.

For me it's got to be those muzzle flash simulators. I don't think I've ever seen one that actually looks like a muzzle flash, rather than a cheap torch flicking on and off

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

For me it's got to be those muzzle flash simulators. I don't think I've ever seen one that actually looks like a muzzle flash, rather than a cheap torch flicking on and off

Shhhh :ph34r:

Don't want them knowing all it does is tell us where to shoot........

2 hours ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Gonna have to ask for a source here, that's hilarious!
I've got a mate with a 3D printer so I might ask him for a favour in exchange for some cans soon.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3370145

Enjoy! :P 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

New one for the list, landmines

Remote claymores...

- set it up somewhere waiting for enemy to walk past your hiding spot

- frantically click the detonator remote

- nothing happens

- by this point theyve seen you and shot you anyway

- claymore goes off and lightly spaffs a small ineffective cloud of BBs at empty space

Edited by Tiercel

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

- set it up somewhere waiting for enemy to walk past your hiding spot

- frantically click the detonator remote

- nothing happens

- by this point theyve seen you and shot you anyway

- claymore goes off and lightly spaffs a small ineffective cloud of BBs at empty space

Watched this exact series of events unfold, admittedly the majority of the stricken team took the l, but a sneaky hamster was awaiting out of range of the mine and tagged the mines owner about 3s after it had finally gone off........

57 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Shhhh :ph34r:

Don't want them knowing all it does is tell us where to shoot........

Bugger, that's one of my favourite counter tactics busted then. I always follow the wee flashy lights... that or the posey patches, or the black loadouts that stick oot in the woods like a fart in a boudoir, or the two-tone gnus... and there was me thinking I was some clever hawk-eyed Master Chief airsoft floperator stalking about the woods. Ach well, back to the drawing board then.

11 hours ago, Ebeneezer Goode said:

... or the two-tone gnus... 

At my last game there was one guy who constantly got teamkilled.

He had a red two-tone and we were on team blue (vs team red).

On 12/05/2023 at 13:55, Adolf Hamster said:

[contraversial take]

[/Contraversial take]

100% in agreement on 3d printed stuff. Doesn't help that the two things I've had close contact with (my own suppressor adapter and a mate's drop stock adapter) completely shat themselves within the first half of their first day out. Moulded or metal for those things. Even pot metal will hold up better. 

However, for bipods I'm 50/50 on. One that fits just right can be a great addition to someone who spends a lot of their time down in the dirt pretending to be a hedge. It's a niche application though. 

Personal pick, that flip-to-side magnifier with the quick spring function. They suck. They suck so much. 

6 hours ago, Badgerlicious said:

Personal pick, that flip-to-side magnifier with the quick spring function. They suck. They suck so much. 

Ooh, that reminds me, those 45 degree angle iron sights.

Works great for Real steel, doesn't work for things with a hop-up!

On 13/05/2023 at 08:05, Smiling-Dutchman said:

At my last game there was one guy who constantly got teamkilled.

He had a red two-tone and we were on team blue (vs team red).

Had that a few weeks ago, but the other way round which was a bit sneaky - Blue team had a couple of players wearing red gloves.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.