VFC MP7 AEG micro trigger switch needed

PAPA 4 ZERO

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 hours ago, PAPA 4 ZERO said:

As said, trying to source a replacement vfc/umarex mp7a1 micro trigger switch. Found some places overseas that stock but most are out of stock. Any help would be great. 

Is it not fixable? Looking at the product pictures - It looks like an Omron detector/limit switch surface mounted to a very simple PCB.

Here are the switches (I think it's a left operating, normally open variant):

https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/filter/limit-switches/198?s=N4IgjCBcoLQCxVAYygMwIYBsDOBTANCAG4B2aWehA9lANohwAMA7GAgLqEAOALlCCAC woA

Infosheet to check the measurements:

https://omronfs.omron.com/en_US/ecb/products/pdf/en-d3sk.pdf

If you know anyone that can solder/hot air reflow (whatever it's called), or even a local phone/tablet etc repair company, I'm sure it's a quick job to swap the switch over. Worth a punt if nothing else?

• 4 weeks later...

not sure if you managed to source this part yet but I had the chance to take one of the trigger contacts apart today.

image.thumb.jpeg.5fba7494a03dbe759f2c8bdadd0f848d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4ab316628f4021aab55a7699ba7f20fa.jpeg

The link to the part needed, posted above, is the correct part and you need to get the bossed version as it will make fitting it to the little board easier as the to bosses (i.e the little black pegs) fit in the holes on the little board. I've got a couple of switches coming from mouser and once they arrive I'll fit one and see how it works.

If it all goes to plan then let me know if you want your board repaired.

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

I've got a couple of switches coming from mouser and once they arrive I'll fit one and see how it works.

Even if the OP doesn't respond to your post - I would be interested to hear how the repair works out for you.

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Even if the OP doesn't respond to your post - I would be interested to hear how the repair works out for you.

I'll post the results here but it seems a pretty easy task. biggest problem will be keeping the heat down to a minimum so that the plastic toggle doesn't melt. I think the datasheet mentions 240C which is the temp i used to remove the knackered one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.