ARES SLR stolen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is the second post this week (across this forum and reddit) i've seen of gear being stolen. A guy on reddit said he uses Apple Airtags or Samsungs equivalent to track his gear on gamedays if he's leaving it in a 'safe zone' but not locked up. Can't help but feel this is a good idea going forward minus chaining your gear to a tree.

Always take pics of your guns/gear so people know what to look for in the event of it getting picked up by sitck fingered bastards.

Edited by MrTea

• Supporters

Also, the circumstances behind the theft may be important, for example was this a random garage break-in, or a targeted theft by a potential buyer ? 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, rj1986 said:

On facebook, he said it was stolen out the back of his car.

From the rear footwell. Without a case.

WOT, on show for the world to see ?, if that's the case then he's only got himself to blame. 

In fact I dunno what worse, getting a window popped & losing the gun, or maybe getting nabbed by the fuzz for having a rif on show in public, either will be a costly experience 🤔

I got my car keys stolen when i was 17 (luckily they didn't steal the car).

My dad shouted at me, but basically taught me to ask "Would I leave my wallet there?" If the answer is no, then don't leave anything valuable there.

I left my wife asleep in the back of the car once and it was stolen.

The gutless bastards brought it back within half an hour! 😂😂

8 hours ago, rj1986 said:

On facebook, he said it was stolen out the back of his car.

From the rear footwell. Without a case.

He did also say that it was covered.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.