Solink Brushless Motor for Airsoft AEGs Review

Ranger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As an avid airsoft player with well over 10 years of experience, I've been on the hunt for a high-quality brushless motor to upgrade my Krytac DMR. After experiencing issues with a previous brushless motor that had its connection tab break during my first skirmish, I stumbled upon the Solink SL-39000 brushless motor while browsing an HK online shop. I was excited to give it a try, and I'm happy to say that it exceeded my expectations.

Before switching to the Solink motor, my trigger-happy play style caused a lot of issues with my high torque motor. I experienced overheating, fast battery drain, and had to set up pre-cocking to improve trigger response, which led to increased wear and tear on my gearbox. But with the Solink brushless motor, all of those problems were solved. The instant torque greatly improved my trigger response, and I no longer needed to use pre-cocking. Plus, my gun was noticeably quieter without the annoying squeaking noise of the gearbox. I have attached my testing video below, so you can see for yourself.

With the Solink motor, I no longer have to worry about overheating during intense semi-spamming sessions, and my small 1400mAh battery lasted me a whole day of skirmishing (I used to have to bring three batteries for a day of skirmish with my old high torque motor). I've fired over 20,000 semi shots with this new motor, and it has worked flawlessly.

The Solink brushless motor arrived well-packed in a black padded box, with the pinion gear already attached and locktited. The build quality is exceptional, and the connection tabs are rock solid. The pinion gear meshes perfectly with my gearbox, and the resistance suggests high-quality magnets are used in the motor. It fits tightly in my PTS EPG motor grip, which I prefer for their high quality and comfort. And I love the small switch located at the base of the motor that allows me to adjust the speed from 39000 (H position) to around 31000 (L position) to cater to different setups. Pictures attached below:

The Solink brushless motor is also highly compatible with various AEGs and FCUs. I've tested it in all seven of my AEGs, and it worked flawlessly with my G&G FCU (plug and play) as well as my Gate Titan and Gate Aster SE FCU (with brushless support turned on from the Gate app).

Overall, brushless motors offer numerous advantages over brushed motors, including high efficiency, higher torque and speed, less heat production, and greater durability. The Solink brushless motor delivers on all of these fronts and offers exceptional performance, reliability, and efficiency. If you're looking for a top-notch motor for your next airsoft project, I highly recommend giving the Solink brushless motor a try.

My rating is a solid 10/10! 

IMG_20230502_130556.jpg

IMG_20230502_122621.jpg

IMG_20230502_122413.jpg

IMG_20230502_122357.jpg

Edited by Ranger

In other news, Ranger has a new car!

Solink.jpg.d5a51be2bbca6eb4af26cc71b0366c0f.jpg

:D

On a more serious and sensible note - how does the price compare to Warhead?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I'm hoping this comes out cheaper than a warhead. Where was this purchased from?

I've used Brushless motors for years in RC and I'm glad they are finally making inroads in Airsoft. I just don't want to spend £100 to try one out.

51 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I found one sales link so far... It's Aussie dollars, works out at an eye-watering £186!

Found it on JK Army and Tiger111 for around $100 USD.

I think it would probably easier to just to buy a warhead - at least there are UK shipping options.

• Supporters

Polite FYI, if you post in text from an app or web page in without selecting "Paste as plain text instead", then those of us reading in best mode, dark mode, can end up seeing this:

image.png.3c0cda21d92cc1f421117e986b919e90.png

12 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Polite FYI, if you post in text from an app or web page in without selecting "Paste as plain text instead", then those of us reading in best mode, dark mode, can end up seeing this:

image.png.3c0cda21d92cc1f421117e986b919e90.png

My apologies, will edit my post 

23 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I found one sales link so far... It's Aussie dollars, works out at an eye-watering £186!

image.png.62daf69c10527ebdf903f60d4b636055.png

I am working with Solink to find a way to bring these motors to the UK. Rest assured that it wont be more expensive than Warhead standard motor. I will update the post with a link to Solink website where you can purchase their latest generation brushless motor directly. 

On 04/05/2023 at 12:19, Ranger said:

Solink is the OEM of T238 motors 

That makes sense. Glad to see that the number of brushless motors available seems to be increasing.

Beats just having Warhead and Option no.1 as the only choices.

Edited by DerDer

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Give it ten years, hopefully Brushless will be 'standard' much like they are with RC Planes/Helis etc.

We can hope, but performance in RC racing is objective, while in airsoft, the narratives in our head are as important as cruel reality.  We're still at this energy.

image.png.c81fb0c3fef27a912c3e19882bc956b7.png

2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Give it ten years, hopefully Brushless will be 'standard' much like they are with RC Planes/Helis etc.

And hopefully, costs will come down as well when competing companies and sales volumes rise.

True the uptake will probably be somewhat similar to lipo batteries. Interesting that thus far (to this best of my knowledge) no company has them as standard in the AEGs. Think one of them (possibly VFC?) were hinting at introducing a range with them out of the box.

MOS (E&L and Arcturus) is supposedly working on a rif that comes brushless as standard.

I do have to point out that Ranger is almost surely a payed advertiser.

Edited by Leo Greer

• 3 months later...

I was not paid, they can't afford me😜

I bought one from the HK shop and asked  the owner of the Solink questions about compatibility with different mosfet. The owner told me that i bought the older generation motor  and then sent me their latest motor to test and provide feedback. 

20 hours ago, Ranger said:

my Solink motor still going strong after 15000 shots

In your original post you said you've done over 20,000 shots but now say 15,000 ? Are you rolling back the pedometer hehe...  Technically the statement is correct though 🙂

I've been offered Solink motors wholesale, and their other products which are SHS OEM.  I'd like to see a good 500,000 cycles on the motor.

One thing I did find interesting was a slim brushless

image.png.9a081ed7c67744afddba14067825f8e7.png

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 15:43, ak2m4 said:

In your original post you said you've done over 20,000 shots but now say 15,000 ? Are you rolling back the pedometer hehe...  Technically the statement is correct though 🙂

I've been offered Solink motors wholesale, and their other products which are SHS OEM.  I'd like to see a good 500,000 cycles on the motor.

One thing I did find interesting was a slim brushless

image.png.9a081ed7c67744afddba14067825f8e7.png

I got 3 solink sample motors, high speed, low speed and medium speed, they are singing happily in 3 of my AEGs, each has gate titan counting the shots :)  Still going strong without problems, I no longer track the numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.