Full steel VFC LAR / FAL DX finally out, but....

Aiden Chen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There were 4 units at redwolf. At least I browse through their GBB catalog quite often so I'm quite sure I'm among the early birds who found it in stock.

I've waited for it for too long but I'm not one of the 4 because I already have my DX with UK customs right now (show mercy pls). I bought it from a private shop a week ago at a much lower price thanks to my mate in tw. I'm kindda confident that'll be the first DX landed in UK, or even Europe:D

Edited by Aiden Chen

27 minutes ago, Aiden Chen said:

There were 4 units at redwolf. At least I browse through their GBB catalog quite often so I'm quite sure I'm among the early birds who found it in stock.

I've waited for it for too long but I'm not one of the 4 because I already have my DX with UK customs right now (show mercy pls). I bought it from a private shop a week ago at a much lower price thanks to my mate in tw. I'm kindda confident that'll be the first DX landed in UK, or even Europe:D

Pictures, videos. and an open invite to turn up on your doorstep to fondle the gnu in question... or "it didn't happen" (yet, in the future.   You know what I mean)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

One of my absolute favourite most used guns on CoD. Running around in hardcore getting one shots was great fun. Enjoy

1 hour ago, Khyber said:

One of my absolute favourite most used guns on CoD. Running around in hardcore getting one shots was great fun. Enjoy

Same here, that's why I've been so desparate for it, but I find the StG58 variant more aesthetically attractive to me, namely the CoD6 FAL. But that handguard and bipod I was unable to find unfortunately

Not worth the price of it when I can just chuck on a steel outer barrel on my normal version.  Only difference then is the receiver itself which is not likely to break

Hope that they continue to produce both the standard and deluxe model. It's always nice to have options.

Also kudos to VFC for coming up with two different lines versus King Arms dismal progress on the FAL front. 

13 hours ago, Aiden Chen said:

I've waited for it for too long but I'm not one of the 4 because I already have my DX with UK customs right now (show mercy pls).

Let me know how long your customs checks take. I've got a RIF stuck with customs ATM on the same date as yours and mine came from HK. Also, let me know if you had to fill in any additional paperwork. Ty.

Edited by MrTea

On 28/04/2023 at 19:21, EvilMonkee said:

Not worth the price of it when I can just chuck on a steel outer barrel on my normal version.  Only difference then is the receiver itself which is not likely to break

It's not just the barrel. The upper reveiver, internals are fully steel too and it has the proper FN trades on the receiver which the normal one doesn't have. It's definitely true that Hong Kong stores overpriced it too much, but I sourced that earlier from TW for $300 less. That I consider a quite fair deal for the changes

On 28/04/2023 at 22:52, MrTea said:

Let me know how long your customs checks take. I've got a RIF stuck with customs ATM on the same date as yours and mine came from HK. Also, let me know if you had to fill in any additional paperwork. Ty.

Normally for me it's about 1 week or 2 weeks max. As long as you have your UKARA properly written on the parcel or import docs, no other paperwork you need to fill in. But UPS is an exception. They are a real pain in the arse when it comes to importing RIFs. Avoid them as you can.

33 minutes ago, Aiden Chen said:

Normally for me it's about 1 week or 2 weeks max. As long as you have your UKARA properly written on the parcel or import docs, no other paperwork you need to fill in. But UPS is an exception. They are a real pain in the arse when it comes to importing RIFs. Avoid them as you can.

My RIF appears to be assigned to Parcelforce so that's a bonus I guess. Shame that it takes 1/2 weeks to clear customs. I did ask the retailer to put my UKARA on the label but i've also messaged Parcelforce themselves to make sure they definately have it.

Edited by MrTea

11 hours ago, MrTea said:

My RIF appears to be assigned to Parcelforce so that's a bonus I guess. Shame that it takes 1/2 weeks to clear customs. I did ask the retailer to put my UKARA on the label but i've also messaged Parcelforce themselves to make sure they definately have it.

Yeah that's no problem, just need to wait

Customs is massively hit and miss. Nearly 6 months for an asahi mg34 to clear customs, asking for document after document, meanwhile a package of about 4 (airsoft) pistols didn't even get checked and weren't charged import fees. 

On 29/04/2023 at 22:58, Aiden Chen said:

It's not just the barrel. The upper reveiver, internals are fully steel too and it has the proper FN trades on the receiver which the normal one doesn't have. It's definitely true that Hong Kong stores overpriced it too much, but I sourced that earlier from TW for $300 less. That I consider a quite fair deal for the changes

The stock internals are steel so that just leaves the receiver and trades which doesnt bother me

On 28/04/2023 at 19:21, EvilMonkee said:

I saw this on FB sometime ago. The original receiver did break. So it's not that unlikely. 

The owner even claimed he didn't fire the gun much. But regardless if that notch is broken the gun can't be closed. 

FB_IMG_1682960726981.jpg

FB_IMG_1682960730535.jpg

Not the receiver.  This is attached to the rear sight base.

On 01/05/2023 at 09:11, Pupa2794 said:

Customs is massively hit and miss. Nearly 6 months for an asahi mg34 to clear customs, asking for document after document, meanwhile a package of about 4 (airsoft) pistols didn't even get checked and weren't charged import fees. 

Mine just got a call from customs but instead of any VCRA thing they were asking me for receipt to prove the value. Sent to them today and let's see how long it's gonna take

Oooooh

That sound like they are getting aware that some retailers are marking the value on parcels lower than it really is to save the recipient a few ££ in import fees etc 🫣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.