VFC HK53 GBB Pre-Orders?

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 25/05/2023 at 13:11, Super64 said:

Well, I’ve had a bit more of a play and I have to say, I’m extremely happy. I have no idea what it’ll be like to skirmish with, accuracy, power or longevity of parts, but for my purposes as a collection, display gun, it is absolutely awesome. It feels solid, everything clicks nicely and it looks beautiful, as you’d expect from VFC. Unfortunately, it has the same bolt block feature that the VFC MP5 has, which prevents the bolt and charging handle slamming forward with an empty magazine inserted. It does have a dry fire mode on the magazine, but it only appears to work for one shot, then clicks back over to normal mode. 

All in all, I’m a very happy bunny. Bring on the VFC M249.

It's worth noting that it actually has the same bolt lock as the G3 , not the MP5 !

However the mags from the factory have a slight over molding on the lock out lever that I trimmed with a razor blade and it took under a minute to do 3 mags. Once you do that you will find it locks out reliably and also that the bolt carrier closes fully 

6 hours ago, 1st commando said:

It's worth noting that it actually has the same bolt lock as the G3 , not the MP5 !

However the mags from the factory have a slight over molding on the lock out lever that I trimmed with a razor blade and it took under a minute to do 3 mags. Once you do that you will find it locks out reliably and also that the bolt carrier closes fully 

Thanks for the info. Does that also fix the issue with the dry fire mode? The issue I’m having is that I can’t seem to lock it in dry fire mode. When I switch it over and insert the magazine it seems to switch back over and holds the bolt in the part open position after firing one round.

Can you post a picture of the part you’ve trimmed?

To be totally honest, I’m not even sure if I’m using the dry fire mode correctly. I can’t find a YouTube video explaining haw to set it properly and it doesn’t really explain it well in the instructions. Most video reviews just mention it, but don’t really go in to any depth regarding the magazine.

Edited by Super64

6 hours ago, Super64 said:

Thanks for the info. Does that also fix the issue with the dry fire mode? The issue I’m having is that I can’t seem to lock it in dry fire mode. When I switch it over and insert the magazine it seems to switch back over and holds the bolt in the part open position after firing one round.

Can you post a picture of the part you’ve trimmed?

To be totally honest, I’m not even sure if I’m using the dry fire mode correctly. I can’t find a YouTube video explaining haw to set it properly and it doesn’t really explain it well in the instructions. Most video reviews just mention it, but don’t really go in to any depth regarding the magazine.

I'll try and make a video

Thanks for the YouTube video. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to mine. I’ve trimmed that tab down to the point that it is now shorter than the switch, but it still only fires once before clicking back across and the bolt still stops short of closed. It seems to fire bbs fine, which I guess is the most important thing for most people, but it would be nice to have a functioning dry fire mode. 

1 hour ago, Super64 said:

Thanks for the YouTube video. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have made any difference to mine. I’ve trimmed that tab down to the point that it is now shorter than the switch, but it still only fires once before clicking back across and the bolt still stops short of closed. It seems to fire bbs fine, which I guess is the most important thing for most people, but it would be nice to have a functioning dry fire mode. 

That's extremely odd. Did you import yours?

It could be a faulty magazine. I’ve only got one, so possibly need to buy another to see if the issue is the magazine or the gun. Either way, it’s not a big deal. The gun is still awesome and fires bbs fine. I can live without the dry fire mode, but I would prefer it if the bolt was full travel. 

On 09/06/2023 at 00:21, Super64 said:

It could be a faulty magazine. I’ve only got one, so possibly need to buy another to see if the issue is the magazine or the gun. Either way, it’s not a big deal. The gun is still awesome and fires bbs fine. I can live without the dry fire mode, but I would prefer it if the bolt was full travel. 

Yeah I seriously don't get why yours isn't completely closing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.