VFC HK53 GBB Pre-Orders?

Super64

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’ve seen that a number of the Asian stores have the VFC HK53 GBB listed for pre order with an expected arrival date of April 2023. It’s showing at around £400 on WGC Shop. Does anyone know if any of the U.K. stores plan to stock this? I’ve not seen it listed anywhere.

Ooohhoohhooohhhhhhh

Some sex wee has definitely escaped.  I want an HK53, I never knew it was a thing.... An MP5 but with AR style mags, yes please 🤗

Especially as a VFC GBBR, given how nice my 416 is

Oh yes 🤤

31 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Ooohhoohhooohhhhhhh

Some sex wee has definitely escaped.  I want an HK53, I never knew it was a thing.... An MP5 but with AR style mags, yes please 🤗

Especially as a VFC GBBR, given how nice my 416 is

Oh yes 🤤

Yes mate, it looks awesome and can’t wait to get one to go with my MP5. 

I’m a big fan of VFC’s GBB’s even though they had a bit of a poor reputation in the past. They’ve definitely got a decent variety of products, a lot of which other manufacturers don’t do. I’m especially looking forward to their GBB M249, hopefully coming out in a few months. I just hope U.K. stores are willing to stock them.

IMG_0605.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2023 at 21:00, Super64 said:

Yes mate, it looks awesome and can’t wait to get one to go with my MP5. 

I’m a big fan of VFC’s GBB’s even though they had a bit of a poor reputation in the past. They’ve definitely got a decent variety of products, a lot of which other manufacturers don’t do. I’m especially looking forward to their GBB M249, hopefully coming out in a few months. I just hope U.K. stores are willing to stock them.

IMG_0605.png

Lots of UK shops have placed pre orders for the M249. The HK53 on the other hand might take a while as it's umarex so has to go through their channels in UK and Europe

Well the two main things I’m after this year are the HK53 and the M249, so it sounds good on the M249 front if a bunch of U.K. stores are looking to pre order. I just hope the Chinese can hold off their invasion of Taiwan long enough for them to be produced and delivered 😏

I have it on good authority that there is potentially an issue with the cocking tube alignment on some of these HK53s so be wary.  Not sure if this is a batch issue or what but potential for something not to be great OOTB.

I'm going to be sad if VFC have foisted another 'work-in-progress' gun on the people (c.f. the first version of the 416, as per Bada Bing's YT review)

But then I'm going to be happy when I think I can't afford the damned thing now anyway, so waiting for 'version 2' is a good and eminently sensible thing.

And then I'm going to be sad again, as I want some sort of MP5 / G3 thing in my life. 

Edit, FYI...

Sixmm have them in stock

image.png.e342ca4bf7084c0f0cd799494105c2ee.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

23 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I have it on good authority that there is potentially an issue with the cocking tube alignment on some of these HK53s so be wary.  Not sure if this is a batch issue or what but potential for something not to be great OOTB.

That’s going to be extremely unfortunate if it is the case and they’ve been released with this issue. VFC are still trying to recover their reputation with regard to their GBB’s from the poor stuff they released in the past. Like the first gen MP5’s and G36’s. It’s still one of the reasons many of the stores won’t stock them, because their reputation isn’t great, so people are reluctant to buy. Which is a shame, because they’re one of the few manufacturers willing to make more than just another M4. But, that’s possibly why they have issues. By having a wide range of GBB’s they aren’t fine tuning their products. I guess we’ll wait to see the YouTube reviews of the HK53 when they start to come out from people who’ve bought them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dave’s Custom Airsoft had the VFC HK53 on pre order with an expected arrival date of 25th May. I’ve put my order in and had confirmation, but now it’s not showing the HK53 on their site. Guess I’ll just have to wait to see if it arrives. 

51 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Dave’s Custom Airsoft had the VFC HK53 on pre order with an expected arrival date of 25th May. I’ve put my order in and had confirmation, but now it’s not showing the HK53 on their site. Guess I’ll just have to wait to see if it arrives. 

Brave man you are. Ordering a first gen. VFC GBBR... 🙃

Edited by Krisz

1 hour ago, DerDer said:

In fairness to the company, their FN FAL seems to have had good reports for the first batch. 

G3 superb , BCM superb , M733 superb , FAL superb , XM177 superb , APFG MCX again superb but people like to harp on about older gen stuff or repeat things like "GBBs don't work in winter" or "TM never have QC" issues . The earlier VFC GBBs for sure had some issues and especially the gen 1 M4 but most others are blown out of proportion . The AEGs on the other hand ..... Bit more of a lottery 

2 hours ago, Krisz said:

Brave man you are. Ordering a first gen. VFC GBBR... 🙃

Not at all mate. Like all my other stuff, it’s primarily for display, collection purposes. While I have it, it’ll be luck to have more than a couple of mags worth of bbs through it. As others have said, VFC have produced some outstanding products over the last couple of years. I’ve had quite a few of them and never been disappointed with them, for what I use them for. If there are issues with the HK53 it’s unlikely to be a problem for me. Most of the concerns people have regarding VFC are based on earlier products. And anyway, if anything fails, as is a genuine possibility with most airsoft guns, especially GBB’s, then VFC are pretty good at producing replacement parts. 

On 15/05/2023 at 20:26, Super64 said:

Not at all mate. Like all my other stuff, it’s primarily for display, collection purposes.

In that case it doesn't really matter if it's shit or not. I buy guns to shoot people. 🙃

I never buy anything first gen. because airsoft QC is non-existent (except maybe marui).

Edited by Krisz

On 15/05/2023 at 16:43, Super64 said:

It’s back up…£180 markup vs ordering from Asia, £22 extra per mag.

Insane.

3 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

It’s back up…£180 markup vs ordering from Asia, £22 extra per mag.

Insane.

Yeah, not great, but it’s better than running the risk of Customs destroying it because I’m using a re-enactment society membership as defence. If I knew it would get through without any issues I’d order from one of the Asia stores, but I get the impression Customs just look for any excuse to prevent scary toy guns getting into the country.

Yeah very true, once you’ve factored in customs I guess it’s not overly bad…his sites always over priced especially if it somthing new.

Please pop up a review when you get it, not much out there currently.

41 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Yeah very true, once you’ve factored in customs I guess it’s not overly bad…his sites always over priced especially if it somthing new.

Please pop up a review when you get it, not much out there currently.

Yeah, I’ll put a bit of a review up. It’ll not be an extensive one. As I said above, it’s a collection piece, but will definitely give an overview.

Awesome cheers.

Probably a good job your not getting it to use, the magazine valve knocker design looks like it’s causing issues already.

7 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Awesome cheers.

Probably a good job your not getting it to use, the magazine valve knocker design looks like it’s causing issues already.

It's the same design as the G3 . Just one guy who hadn't used one before refused to read an instruction manual before uploading to YouTube. I'll do an in depth review and update over the years like i did with the G3 

Well, my HK53 arrived today. I’ve only had the chance to have a quick look over it so far, but my initial impressions are, very nice. I’ll hopefully get more chance to have a proper play about tomorrow and get some pictures posted. But, at the moment I am very happy. 

41 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Dear god - that is a thing of beauty. The SF handguard looks great on there.

Yeah, it really looks the part with the handguard. Just finishes it off. It’s the VFC MP5 one, which fits spot on.

Edited by Super64

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sat here waiting on the "early 2023" release of the GBBr Famas lol 

download-4.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.