Anyone else going to Gangsta City - The Raid next weekend?

SSPKali

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Event was ok, quite a few of the opposing side were no-shows so they were at an immediate disadvantage so really struggled and unbalanced sides doesn't make for demanding play, especially on such a convoluted site. Some good taskings and role-play but still plenty of times where we were making our own stuff up. On site catering was great though. Mostly good hit taking / sportsmanship but still the odd idiot moment on both sides.

The alleged anti-semitic bit was actually because the numpty drawing the banner didn't know how many points a pentagram had so it ended up with 6....FFS. As to the mutilated sex doll - I guess that was a castrated former prison guard? Figured the props bill wouldn't stretch to more than an Inflatable Ingrid which given the £100 fee was surprising 🤔

EDIT (re-reading previous comments, missed the first time as still knackered) - I didn't encounter any misogynistic behaviour / language / abuse during my time there. 

Was it the best immersion event I have been on? No. Was it more interesting and varied than a regular skirmish day? Yes. Would I rather Sterling ran Op ACRE II? Oh defo yes.

Edited by SSPKali

Thank you for giving your take on the weekend. 

Gangster city was an immersion that I had been keeping an eye on, to hear they have gone the way of ai500 as to customer relations sucks a fair bit. 

The point counting on the Star....not really surprised at that level of thick being in the hobby.

As to the rest, I'll have a think

• 1 month later...

On 01/05/2023 at 01:21, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Despicable. I have seen pictures of the sex doll, hanging by feet with added "blood" around  sensitive area. 

Read a couple of 1st hand accounts of toxic misogyny, there was also (apparently, not seen pictures) some intense anti Semitic imagery. 

Wanted more first hand accounts on what went on....

Yikes, that's pretty off-putting to say the least 🤮 - and as @Cannonfodder said, they'll just try and justify / explain it away as "banter" or accuse complainants of being "snowflakes" or too sensitive... 🙄

On 03/05/2023 at 11:21, Speedbird_666 said:

Update from UCAP:

Screenshot_20230503-112041.thumb.png.9bb81cecb8de1f598af2309709ffe04a.png

Wow.

If we put aside the "innocent mistake" justification, the concept of saying "it's all a balance" when it comes to anti-semitism is a huge red flag. 🚩

Don't get me wrong, I can have a laugh with the guys when we're skirmishing, but @Jaylordofwaargh's description just screams it not feeling like a safe or welcoming event for women or minorities -- ensuring I won't be attending their events, however good they may otherwise be.

Pity really, the folk like that (as well as folk obsessed with certain mid-C20 groups) are the real-world equivalent of forum spammers, just toxic trash who get in the way of everyone else having a good time.

(Apologies for resurrecting 😅)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.